Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195
Results 4,851 to 4,869 of 4869

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have crapped on The Walking Dead for the better part of 2-3 seasons, but holy cow, I believe this series is back!

Alexandria has saved this series. It's interesting again. It's tense while now relying on walker scares. The stakes are high whether vs walkers or humans. There is no cheap villain; we don't even really get to define "villain" cleanly anymore. There are lots of characters with gray areas. It's not all unrelentingly bleak, but it is still realistically apocalyptic-horror.

That was the best episode I've seen since the season 2 midseason finale. Great balance of stories, great setup for last 2 episodes of the season, and some of the most gruesome (and not just visually, in terms of feeling bad for characters) gore on the show yet.

I might just be a believer again.
    Where I diverge from your thoughts is wondering if they aren't moving too fast to get to wherever this latest story arc is going. Although I guess we know outside villains are coming so perhaps just as the town becomes divided and untrusting of each other they will have to unite to fight a common enemy. Which is all well and good but they could've spent an entire season on a more realistic slow burn building to the mistrust and suspicions before having that likely twist at the end of the season for the cliffhanger. As it is we've had the Atlanta hospital storyline, right into the finally leaving Georgia storyline, and now here they are in Alexandria and already barreling toward the end.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Where I diverge from your thoughts is wondering if they aren't moving too fast to get to wherever this latest story arc is going. Although I guess we know outside villains are coming so perhaps just as the town becomes divided and untrusting of each other they will have to unite to fight a common enemy. Which is all well and good but they could've spent an entire season on a more realistic slow burn building to the mistrust and suspicions before having that likely twist at the end of the season for the cliffhanger. As it is we've had the Atlanta hospital storyline, right into the finally leaving Georgia storyline, and now here they are in Alexandria and already barreling toward the end.
    I see what you're saying, but after spending too much time in Woodbury/prison, I think this series wisely "gets" that users don't want too much inactivity and same drum being beat over and over again.

Plus, I still think Alexandria plot line is/can be more long-term. They're just setting up a conflict of leadership, obviously.

Pure speculation on my part (I don't read the comics or even really anything other than this thread): I think Rick ends up running Alexandria. I don't think all of his own people (Michonne, maybe Daryl) support him. I think next season is a questioning of Rick's rule leading to a coup. Maybe some outside force influences that, too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm super-hyped for tomorrow's The Flash. I still feel like things are not quite as they seem with Reverse-Flash.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So what you want is another staying on the farm season? I disagree.

It seems like The Walking Dead's biggest enemy is its best seasons. I have never seen a show take so much criticism from all angles since LOST.

I just sit back and enjoy. It it is meh! it will be over soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Caught a couple episodes of Homeland. Kinda liked it. Just hate when shows go over the top with drama though to keep viewers interests.
    First season?

always the bridesmaid Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Had high hopes for Fox Sports 1. That channe's dead. Much as Simmons sucks their only hope is basically give him free reign.

The Flash just blew my mind. Holy ****, that was awesome.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Had high hopes for Fox Sports 1. That channel's dead. Much as Simmons sucks their only hope is basically give him free reign.
    Didn't they just basically offer off-brand ESPN? I haven't watched FS1 extensively, but that's what I felt from the tenor and content of the shows I did see. I mean, they didn't really try to innovate and offer something different, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by LG33 View Post
    Didn't they just basically offer off-brand ESPN? I haven't watched FS1 extensively, but that's what I felt from the tenor and content of the shows I did see. I mean, they didn't really try to innovate and offer something different, did they?
    Everytime I watched it they seemed to talk a bit more about the sports and less about the celebrities.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

FS1 was the same thing as ESPN. Washed up former athletes and talking heads covering the Cowboys, LeBron, Manziel, and whatever other big market/popular topics they can cover.

Not saying I don't like it, but I still think TWD is moving awfully fast this season. Fast to get out of Georgia. Fast to start having questions of why they were still alive and if they even wanted to be. Fast to get to Alexandria. Fast to assimilate into the community. Fast to become suspicious to the community. Fast for the community to be suspicious of them if they weren't going to be all along to begin with.

I could've seen the community being skeptical of them all along instead of all open arms... but they played it as all open arms. Even quickly assigning jobs. Important jobs even. So with that in mind I would have liked to have seen tiny fractures developing that led to questions that finally boiled over. Not a quick 180. Maybe actually see a little more indepth her reaction to Gabriel's comments. Or what about Maggie overhearing the comments? Was that just forgotten? You'd think she'd either try and set the community straight or go to her own group with that and discuss what to do.

For a show with I assume no endgame in sight, I'd think they'd want to milk things as much as possible without it being blatant filler in order not to just use up all the potential twists and plot lines because they rushed through things getting from point A to B. No need in going straight from "We're a group... We're a family" in one episode to "Why are we even still alive? I don't want to go on" in the next. They could've played that transition out over a course of episodes, and thus days and weeks and months in character/story life, to get them to a breaking point a bit more realistically. IOW...just GETTING to the Alexandria gates could've been the cliffhanger for the season next weekend IMHO.
    Last edited by Bball; 03-23-2015 at 11:32 AM.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Not saying I don't like it, but I still think TWD is moving awfully fast this season. Fast to get out of Georgia. Fast to start having questions of why they were still alive and if they even wanted to be. Fast to get to Alexandria. Fast to assimilate into the community. Fast to become suspicious to the community. Fast for the community to be suspicious of them if they weren't going to be all along to begin with.
    I fely like everything leding up to Alexandria was drawn out and slow, and then the opposite once they arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I fely like everything leding up to Alexandria was drawn out and slow, and then the opposite once they arrived.
    I thought it was pretty slow getting from the church to the Atlanta hospital and what happened there. And then BOOM... "We're in Virginia". BOOM "Man are we depressed and can't go on!" BOOM "Hello, I'm Eric and I want you to come live with us in a real safe zone with hot water and electricity and steel walls". BOOM "We're in Alexandria and they are welcoming us with open arms and a party and it really seems wonderful here!" BOOM "We don't trust them..." Boom "... and they don't trust us now!!"
    Last edited by Bball; 03-23-2015 at 06:58 PM.

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Started watching Broad City. Kinda funny, seems to have a great cameo every week(Amy Poehler, Seth Morris, Amy Sedaris, Bob Balaban, Fred Armisen) and I think Hannibal Buress is the funniest dude right now.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

I agree with some of the TWD criticisms, even if I think it's the best this series has been for a while (of course, it's been pretty bad for a while, so not sure that's saying much...)

I love the Alexandria plot. I just wish it had been both halves of this season, and not that completely wasted hospital storyline that has now been proven utterly pointless after Noah, y'know...

My main problem right now is using the Rick/Pete/what's her name triangle to accelerate this particular plot. It says everything that Rick is supposed to have an obsessive love interest and she is so singularly defined by just being a tool of Rick or Pete that I can't even remember her name. I'd buy that if they spent a season building up that relationship. As it stands? I don't even know her name. And this is supposed to be the reason everything finally spills over...

THAT SAID, I still think this show is hitting a lot of high notes since entering Alexandria. I like what they're doing with Rick, even if I don't necessarily like how they're doing it. More series need to let their protagonists turn into gray areas, or even antagonists. Until now, there's always been a safety button on Rick. His actions were always qualified or justified in some capacity. Now, there are legitimate question marks. And even if we identify with him and he's probably right, we're not so sure the other party is necessarily "wrong" or "bad" or wise to bow down to Rick. I like that. Rick as the do-no-wrong protagonist was getting kinda old, and any previous divergence from that (i.e. going nuts in the prison) just felt off.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

I agree with all of that.

I think I'd like to see them get somewhere, meet someone, something.... that brings a new level of understanding to the situation. Kind of how the initial trip to the CDC brought an added layer of understanding and complexity (
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    ). I'd just like to see another piece of the puzzle doled out.

------

-John Wooden

I'd just like to see another piece of the puzzle doled out.
    That's a good point actually. There hasn't been really any kind of 'big picture' development since then unless you count the 'get to DC' thing.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Wow...of all the shows to be revived recently, I never imagined that Coach would be one of them:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...r-coach-784791

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

If you can handle slow burns, I highly recommend Bloodline, Netflix's latest original series. I thought it was excellent. Not sure how many people on here watch/have watched Rectify, but best comparison I'd say is a faster-moving noir version of Rectify.