Page 17 of 190 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

streets ahead

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

i've watched a bunch of episodes of raines on NBC.com

i think its an interesting concept. when i first heard the idea of the show i thought it was going to be a supernatural medium meets CSI meets joan of arcadia type thing. instead its just psychological (for those who haven't seen...the dead people he sees are just in his head and can't provide information he doesn't know). i forgot how much i liked jeff goldblum but i hope someone kills dov davidoff off quickly because there is no need for him written as he is. ultimately i enjoy the show, its not fantastic but it works and i hope NBC picks it up
    This is the darkest timeline.

I just bought season 1 of "Battlestar" - I'll start watching tonight - it better be good

I have every season of Family Guy on Dvd. If you don't, you could always watch it here.

Every episode of Family GUy ever made..

http://flatoz.com/

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ice Road Truckers on The History Channel

If you like stuff like Deadliest Catch this will be right up your alley. You can catch up on all the episodes if you have On Demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just bought season 1 of "Battlestar" - I'll start watching tonight - it better be good
    Did you watch the miniseries? It's not as good as the show (the first episode of the series is what hooked me), but I think it's pretty crucial to get what's going on.

I would think you can rent it at Blockbuster.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

The Wire
    quoted for emphasis

If I knew other shows you liked that I've also seen, I might be able to better predict it for you. The good thing is that season 1 includes the mini-series that sets up the entire show (using the same actors/creative team), so you're in a good position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    If I knew other shows you liked that I've also seen, I might be able to better predict it for you. The good thing is that season 1 includes the mini-series that sets up the entire show (using the same actors/creative team), so you're in a good position.
    I didn't realize the mini-series was included. Nevermind.

I'll tell you what Buck. Watch the mini-series and the first episode, "33". If it doesn't knock your socks off I'll buy the disks off of you.

The mini-series is included.

Mal, I generally don't like Sci-fi - unless it is really good. My favorite shows over the past few seasons, have been:
    "The Wire"
    "24"
    "Friday Night Lights"
    "Lost"
    "The Office"
    "30 Rock"

I think there are a few others, but I can't think of them.

Question: how long is the minseries
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-23-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Two 2 hour segments, so without commercials, around 3 hours.

Scrubs. Still a great show

OK, I watched probably the first 90 minutes of the miniseries and got too tired so I had to go to sleep. So far so good - I need to watch the rest of the miniseries and the first episode before I draw any sort of conclusion - plus I might be able to re-coup my investment at that time.

"So say we all"

I knew she was one of them. Well not really.

The miniseries was OK, it is a good set-up, but I certainly hope the actual series is better.

I also watched the first regular episode - "33". and while I did like it better than the miniseries, and while I like the show overall, and I am going to keep watching the show, I must admit I don't love it (and I can assure you, my socks never even moved). I'm not totally into it, and I certainly don't see how they can keep this going for three seasons or did it just finish a fourth (I realize the seasons are 12 episodes long).

I'm not sure exactly why I don't love it - just a combination of things, it seems a little distant, and little detached and I am not totally and completely engrossed or involved. I realize for a show like this there are lot of budget issues but there are times when that hurts the show, some of the battle scenes and special effect scenes are a little underwhelming, and there are times when the characters are just standing around talking about what is going on, instead of us actually seeing what is going on. (I fully realize that is just the way it has to be - otherwise it would be a feature film with a budget of $200 and then I'd be complaining because there isn't any interesting characters or story)

I don't mean to be too critical and I like the show overall and glad I'm watching it
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-25-2007 at 06:58 AM.

USS Jonas Ingram DD 938 cactusjack's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't worry UB, it will grow on you. When it first started I wasn't too hot for it (probably because I'm an old fart and spent too much time comparing it to the original), but as time passed and I got into the characters more I found myself getting addicted to it. Now I rate it up there with Babylon 5 as one of the great scifi series.
    Life's a piece of ******
    When you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
    You'll see it's all a show
    Keep 'em laughing as you go
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
    ------- Eric Idle

I knew it, UB has no soul.

They just finished the 3rd season. While the 1st season's only 13 episodes, the 2nd and 3rd are 20 a piece, and, while there's been some filler from time to time, they've certainly found more than enough to do. They've got 20 episodes left, plus a two-hour movie beforehand that kind of explores old stuff, and they're going to be hard pressed to wrap everything up.

I do remember having the same complaints about the mini-series. The filmmakers wanted it to be like a documentary, and it came off as cold to me as well, and the battles not very engaging. But as cactus said, after a while I started caring about the characters so much I didn't notice. And the action sequences definitely get better.

33 hooked me because of the acting. The exhaustion, the sleep deprivation was just spot on. I was poking around yesterday and found out that Olmos started restricting his sleep patterns, then found an expert to come in and talk with the cast. A lot of them jumped on board and started sleeping only a couple hours a night to get an idea, and it really shows.

Plus, the Olympic Carrier showed me they weren't going to pull any punches. They kill 3% of the surviving human race like that. That's what the show is about, survival at all costs, and the struggle to keep one's humanity under such conditions.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Hogan Knows Best - now I remember why Im never inside my living room to watch anything on TV...

CSI: Miami and Miami Ink.

USS Jonas Ingram DD 938 cactusjack's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Weaponology on the military channel. I just love things that go boom.
    Life's a piece of ******
    When you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
    You'll see it's all a show
    Keep 'em laughing as you go
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
    ------- Eric Idle

Saved By the Bell - wow...just wow...i never realized just how much they were brainwashing me with lessons when I was young...now it just looks silly

Saved By the Bell College Years. Trumped ya again!

Oh and been watching reruns of Angel fromt he beginning. Man I miss that show.

I got a question for TV followers...

are there any shows with themes/lessons/etc for the viewers like it used to back in 80s/90s? You know family shows like Full House, Home Improvement, Saved By the Bell, etc where the young viewers would have some positive messages delivered to them?

I don't watch TV much these days...but when I do have a chance to just do a bit of channel surfing - all I see is a bunch of crappy "reality shows" about 16 year old kids throwing parties like P.Diddy or shows about "Underage and Married"...

where is the positive influence for the young ones these days?

OK, I watched the prison episode last night of BSG, and that was the best episode yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    I got a question for TV followers...

are there any shows with themes/lessons/etc for the viewers like it used to back in 80s/90s? You know family shows like Full House, Home Improvement, Saved By the Bell, etc where the young viewers would have some positive messages delivered to them?

I don't watch TV much these days...but when I do have a chance to just do a bit of channel surfing - all I see is a bunch of crappy "reality shows" about 16 year old kids throwing parties like P.Diddy or shows about "Underage and Married"...

where is the positive influence for the young ones these days?
    I think it's all on Disney and Nickelodeon now, stuff like Hanna Montana. The only family-based sitcoms I can think of from the last few years all come from the crass, cynical Rosanne mold. The CW had 7th Heaven, and they're replacing it with a family drama set in an animal preserve in South Africa. There's the ABC Family shows, but even they're moving away from such things. Their latest show, Greek, is about frats and sororities. Pat Robertson must be going nuts that his old network is promoting underage drinking and sex.

[edit] Actually, parents should have their kids watch The Wire. If people think video games desensitize kids to violence, that's nothing.
    Last edited by Kegboy; 07-29-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Robot Chicken. A very good show that I just recently got into. Weird but good

Big Brother 8 - Watch it with a group of friends every night it is on but they need something to happen cause it is getting stale. It could also be that I was tired.