PGA Championship Final Round
    Intervention
    Chef Ramsay's Kitchen nightmares

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Funniest Commercials of 2005

Big Brother. Damn Will is a good player

I'm watching the Emmy Awards right now. I just want to see if the Office and 24 win, that is my hope.

The 4400

All in all, I found this season disappointing. I guess nothing could have lived up to last season's finale, though. I never warmed to the Isabelle story. I didn't care much for the Birkoff story, either. It didn't fit Diana's character for her to help with his experiments. I did like it when Summer Glau came back, and Collier, of course. I'm glad they killed off Boyd, shape shifters are too convienent of a plot device, and it was cool he killed all of Ryland's super troops in one fell swoop (thanks Anth., I mean, Graham).

The one thing I really liked was Richard's arc. He's always been my favorite character. I've never been happier for a tv character than when he made that cup move last year. Yes what he did at the end was terribly predictable, from the second Tom dropped the syringe, but cool nontheless. Only thing that would have made it better is just once I wish someone would say to Isabelle, "Your mother would be ashamed of you."

Not much of a cliffhanger. I expect both Kyle and April to live, and Diana, et al, will be back. A little worried about Shawn, though, and whose got Alana, the "good" future people or the "bad" future people?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm watching the Emmy Awards right now. I just want to see if the Office and 24 win, that is my hope.
    you got your wish...

as much as i love the office, i really hoped they'd give it to arrested development... actually i'm shocked that AD didn't win anything.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    The 4400

All in all, I found this season disappointing. I guess nothing could have lived up to last season's finale, though. I never warmed to the Isabelle story. I didn't care much for the Birkoff story, either. It didn't fit Diana's character for her to help with his experiments. I did like it when Summer Glau came back, and Collier, of course. I'm glad they killed off Boyd, shape shifters are too convienent of a plot device, and it was cool he killed all of Ryland's super troops in one fell swoop (thanks Anth., I mean, Graham).

The one thing I really liked was Richard's arc. He's always been my favorite character. I've never been happier for a tv character than when he made that cup move last year. Yes what he did at the end was terribly predictable, from the second Tom dropped the syringe, but cool nontheless. Only thing that would have made it better is just once I wish someone would say to Isabelle, "Your mother would be ashamed of you."

Not much of a cliffhanger. I expect both Kyle and April to live, and Diana, et al, will be back. A little worried about Shawn, though, and whose got Alana, the "good" future people or the "bad" future people?
    Man, that really sums it up pretty well. I enjoyed this season very much though.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

The season finale of Kyle XY.

Overall, the plot was pretty transparent (come on, already, he's obviously a clone, probably with further genetic manipulation to enhance his abilities) and there were some pretty excruciatingly sappy family moments, but there was just something interesting about this show. Perhaps it was the way they tried to blend sci-fi with family melodrama. I can't think of any show that's attempted to do that (although a few have had family elements, like Smallville or Alien Nation, I don't know of any that made it a primary focus). The lead was pretty attractive, too.

I'll probably tune in next season, but it'll probably never be one of my favorite shows.
    Dean Winchester: It takes two to... you know, have hardcore sex.

Saved By The Bell
    Cosby Show
    Room Raiders

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We have 4 episodes of season 2 of The Wire left before we have to sprint through season 3 before the 10th. That is when it leaves ON Demand. Season 2 is much better. More depth to the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    We have 4 episodes of season 2 of The Wire left before we have to sprint through season 3 before the 10th. That is when it leaves ON Demand. Season 2 is much better. More depth to the characters.
    I'm on the 4th disk of season 3 of the wire.

IMO, it doesn't hold a candle to seasons 1 or 2. In fact I thought the first 4 episodes were pretty bland. It's now starting to get interesting but then again I'm almost done with the third season.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I'm on the 4th disk of season 3 of the wire.

IMO, it doesn't hold a candle to seasons 1 or 2. In fact I thought the first 4 episodes were pretty bland. It's now starting to get interesting but then again I'm almost done with the third season.
    Really, I just bought season 3 and was looking forward to watching it in the next few days.

I did watch some of the extra features on the last disc and it seems they changed some of the writing team, they brought in a few more "guest writers" to write a few of the episodes. So maybe that had a negative impact. One thing I loved and was amazed about during the first two seasons is how consistant the episodes were. All of them were great.

I'll let you know what I think.

Usually the first couple of episodes were a little slow as they set up the situation for the season, although it seems like season three should just take off because we are back to more of season one plotlines - with a more political emphasis.

Everybody Loves Raymond
    CSI

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Have never had HBO, so this is the first time I've watched it. It's pretty good - Seinfeld without network censors.

IndyToad
    Print a copy of your bill

Scrubs

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bones

One of my favorites shows last season. This season's opener was pretty mediocre.
    -----

Weeds

The first few season 2 episodes have been pretty funny.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

"Lost". I just watched all 24 episodes from season I last friday until last sunday evening, HIGHLY ADDICTIVE series! .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Really, I just bought season 3 and was looking forward to watching it in the next few days.

I did watch some of the extra features on the last disc and it seems they changed some of the writing team, they brought in a few more "guest writers" to write a few of the episodes. So maybe that had a negative impact. One thing I loved and was amazed about during the first two seasons is how consistant the episodes were. All of them were great.

I'll let you know what I think.

Usually the first couple of episodes were a little slow as they set up the situation for the season, although it seems like season three should just take off because we are back to more of season one plotlines - with a more political emphasis.
    Well I just finished season 3 & I'll give it mixed reviews. The first half was really just boring & pointless. I know they need some episodes for setup but I just don't feel like they were going anywhere.

Disjointed is a word I would use to describe the entire season, even the ending two disc's, which were much much better, still had plot lines drop.

To be honest with you it felt like season 3 was really a big set up for season 4. I have no idea what characters or storyline they are going for this year but if at least 2-3 of these guys that were introduced this season are not in the show then I have no idea what purpose they served at all in the last season.

I won't give away any spoilers but I will say that there will definatley be some character changes this year.

I think one of the big problems that I had with the show this season was that they seemed to spread themselves out across the Baltimore P.D. & tried to follow to many characters & since they were no longer on the major crimes unit they had to introduce new characters for them. In other words I think the cast became a little bloated this season.

So in summery the beginning was not good, the second half was good. Equaling a mediocre season for them. However a mediocre season of the wire is still better than most shows on tv. They did not take a nose dive like the Sopranos did.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Northern Exposure, seasons 1-3 DVD. Classic.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just finished Superman, the Animated Series, Season 3...

Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style
    The Weekenders

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Just finished Superman, the Animated Series, Season 3...
    Off topic but have you ever heard if they were ever going to release the Spiderman cartoon that used to run on fox several year ago? I know you can get episodes here & there but has anybody ever heard if they are going to release the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Off topic but have you ever heard if they were ever going to release the Spiderman cartoon that used to run on fox several year ago? I know you can get episodes here & there but has anybody ever heard if they are going to release the series?
    Not that I know of, which is a shame. You'd think the hype from the movies would have gotten it done, but I guess not (here's hoping the 3rd does it).

But the holy grail for me is the 90's X-Men cartoon. That's what made me a fan of Marvel comics, and I worshiped that show.

big brother all stars

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    big brother all stars
    We missed it because my wife forgot it was on. Erika was an idiot for not putting one of the guys up. If either of them get Head of household then she is gone. She is probably gone anyway, because one of the other 3 should win anyway.