Page 173 of 187 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 4671

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Television in general is just really incredible right now. So many good shows.
    Except none of them are on because of the allure of tape-delayed lies in fake snow!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We're now 75% through True Detective and I still don't really know what I'm watching.

I am enjoying it though.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's an oldie, but we're 110 episodes or so into Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It's a show I never thought I'd get into but have grown to enjoy immensely.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheRyanExpress View Post
    It's an oldie, but we're 110 episodes or so into Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It's a show I never thought I'd get into but have grown to enjoy immensely.
    Definitely a fun, sometimes very good show, though for your position, I think a really long debate could be had to just forgo the last couple of seasons.

pretty sure David Stern is The Yellow King

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I'm 7/8ths of the way thru True Detective and I still have no real idea how it is going to end. I'm guessing the supernatural stuff some have speculated upon isn't really where it's going at this point.

I am wondering if the daughter is going to be discovered to have been a victim. Or maybe that was all a red herring.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I need to rewatch True Detective once it's over because trying to connect the dots just makes me feel dumb. Maybe I'll marathon it over the weekend before the finale, I didn't expect it to be such a whodunit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

The reveal at the end of this past episode worked well. Just minor enough character where you would have dismissed him, but memorable enough where you remembered who he was, and why his location in both instances mattered.

Honestly just feels like too much to wrap in one more episode, though. I fully realize the McConalogues are what have made True Detective what it is, but I still wish this series would have done more time showing (and developing) and a helluva lot less time telling and concerning itself with philosophy lectures. There's a way to balance both while pacing the story just right. I feel like it's sacrificed far too much in favor of sounding smart for the majority, and now is in panic mode trying to tie things up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm 7/8ths of the way thru True Detective and I still have no real idea how it is going to end. I'm guessing the supernatural stuff some have speculated upon isn't really where it's going at this point.

I am wondering if the daughter is going to be discovered to have been a victim. Or maybe that was all a red herring.
    I'm not sure, but I do enjoy the hell out of this show. It's nice to see a detective story that is not set in a city like all those CSI cookie cutters that are on network TV. Having spent a little time in Louisiana, the show does a fantastic job of catching the vibe of the rural parts of the state.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Agents of SHIELD- This show has gotten really good, especially the last couple episodes. I knew it would take some time to find its footing but I think it's starting to now. I can't wait to see where this goes. It's gotten more sci-fyish, more comic booky over the past few episodes and it's hitting its stride.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

This is a really good theory on the true identity of The Yellow King.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Bates Motel is my favorite show since Lost. Amazing first episode of Season 2.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

I have one episode left of The Sopranos season 4. It's without question my favorite tv show of all time. I would rank season 4 as the weakest of the 4 seasons that I've watched. The only thing that could change that is if the season finale is out of this world. (Pie O My was certainly a memorable moment from this season.

Through 4 seasons, I'd rank them as follows:

Season 2 (Richie Aprile, Big Pussy, Chris shot at... Just a fantastic season)
    Season 1 (Tony/Jr. Beef, Livia, several memorable whackings, Mikey Palmice)
    Season 3 (Jackie Jr., the Russian, Ralph Cifareto)
    Season 4 (A great season, don't get me wrong, but just not as good as prior 3. Not enough on the business end for my liking. Pie 'O My, more Ralph, Adrianna making new "friends", Chris on drugs, Carm lusting for Furio.)

If the Season 4 finale blows me away, then maybe I'll revise, but I doubt that's possible.

I am looking forward to Season 5. I've heard it's great.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

I don't think it's going to be a red herring, and when it comes to the fore I think the vein in Woody's forehead is finally going to pop

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Can't waite for the final episode of "True Detective". Just started watching season 2 of "House of Cards" and I just LOVE Kevin Spacey as an actor and he's just perfect in his role as Francis Underwood. Also part 2 of season 3 of "Suits" just started. "Game of Thrones" starts in a month and "The Walking Dead" is still ungoing... It's a good time to watch tv-series .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This is a really good theory on the true identity of The Yellow King.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

So... anyone else think True Detective went out on a cliched whimper more than a bang?

Maybe I expected too much....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

The whole point of True Detective, IMO (and I'm no Sepinwall), was that it was never really about the case or the killer or the details. It was about Rust and Marty, and all the tangential specifics of light vs dark. Everything you need to know was said in the final lines. There is only one story. It's almost a series creator commentary on the ridiculous amount of fan theories that had been constructed as the season went along -- they were so beside the point of what the series was trying to accomplish, that reset button was needed.

I thought it was quite fitting, from a number of angles.

I liked how the ending wasn't some over-the-top crazyland, although Carcosa was freaking crazy. It wasn't some huge cult following with a leader in the middle, controlling the strings and fighting Rust/Marty. It was rather simple, an incestual family cut off from the outside world, who had visions of being grandiose. In the end, it was just a nut with a lot of sticks. Gives the show a bit of a more realistic feel, IMHO.

Also thought the realization from Rust that we aren't just secular beings bumping into each other on our unpurposed paths of life, but rather inter-connected beings with some type of religious awakening was fitting. The crime story was secondary to the evolution of Rust/Marty.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

So weird that after completing probably the greatest performance in the history of acting, Cranston is going to lose all of the awards to McConaughey.

Alright, alright truly sold that last scene to perfection, as it kind of felt like something out of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Seems like Pizzolatto wanted Rust to find a reason to live by the end and Marty to realize his reason was gone. Very narrative-y, flat circular storytelling, though I'm not complaining. Detective stories are the worst, so obviously the journey is better. The Internet is very dumb sometimes.

TWD - Even during an episode where they do something completely unexpected, and probably new, on TV, it still sucks.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Mood

Running the Walking Dead must be like running the Knicks. Sure, it's really popular, there's lots of money, and you might get some recognition. But you're working for an idiot; you're probably never going to be the best; and you're always close to getting ****-canned at the mercy of irrational media members and fans. I don't envy Scott Gimple, though I think he's done a pretty good job since taking over this season. When he gets fired in a few episodes, I'm sure it won't feel all that bad.

I know it's a zombie show and all, but it's a MASSIVE success, I can't believe The Walking Dead gets away so many shots of little kids shooting guns but little kids being murdered. It's pretty offputting really.

Oh, and the last Rick and Morty was awesom.

I was moved by the last TWD episode, honestly. The show has always been up and down for me with some stupid writing / moments sprinkled all around, but I still view it as (on average) a good (not great) show. I don't love it, but I do like it. When something strikes me as stupid I just try to let it go and enjoy the ride.

I just think the writing is unbelievable bad. A lot of it has to do with just the slow grinding pace. It was funny watching the first sement of Talking Dead and them saying "Well we found out who was feeding the zombies at the prison." They didn't know 2 months ago when it was happening? How many times did those two little girls need to say something weird or be found messing with them on the fence line? The writers drug it out, gave us all the clues, and then hammered it home with a single episode. Just over kill. And that's how they do the whole show.

I can't keep going through this snail paced character development, of characters that f-ing suck. It's like Andrea all over again.