Page 168 of 185 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4606

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Honestly, it feels more and more like Seth MacFarlane is sabotaging the show so he can end it.

I stopped watching it with any regularity years ago. This just feels like a gimmick.

I don't watch it regularly anymore, but I do occasionally binge-watch to catch up.

I don't know whether to say "Guy's... it's a cartoon!!!" or just admit I agree with the rest of you that it was a bad idea.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Almost Human is pretty strong out of the gate. Fox is really lighting it up lately.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The BE finale was a little toned down compared to previous seasons. A little uneven, but I thought they got a few moments really right. Damn...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I may be in the minority on this, but I have really liked Season 3 of Homeland. I think it's getting increasingly far fetched, but it has not ceased to be extremely entertaining for me yet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Homeland season 3 AKA "How many episodes can feature Clair Danes in a hospital?"

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Waitaminute... I thought Brian the dog died because he ate a piece of chocolate from the trash? Wasn't there a future episode of Family Guy that set that up?

Man... can't even get continuity in a cartoon....

------

-John Wooden

The funny thing is that the "original" Brian died last season and was replaced in the same episode with an alternate reality version of himself (the alternate Stewie also died).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

I really liked the mid season finale of TWD. I like finales that tie things up but leave new questions, not that stop right in the middle of story lines.

Also, I hate that there are mid season finales now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty strong episode for TWD.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really liked the mid season finale of TWD. I like finales that tie things up but leave new questions, not that stop right in the middle of story lines.

Also, I hate that there are mid season finales now.
    I hate the midseason finales that AMC does. It was horrible when Breaking Bad did it and I hate it now with the TWD. It was a great episode and I really loved what they did creating multiple groups to follow.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was a great episode, it just happened to be about half a season later than what it should have been.

With the announcement that they're going to have that spin off, I kinda hope they pick up the Carol storyline as opposed to starting over from the beginning. But I don't have any faith in the writers ability to really give a good story anymore. The way they had characters disappearing and then popping up and then disappearing again for long stretches was driving me nuts.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Since86; 12-03-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Mood

Andrew Lincoln yelling "CAAAAAARRRRRRRLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!" like he's gargling a toaster and crying might be the funniest thing on TV right now. Other than maybe Carrie/Saul "F***" at each other in the opening credits of Homeland.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    It was a great episode, it just happened to be about half a season later than what it should have been.

With the announcement that they're going to have that spin off, I kinda hope they pick up the Carol storyline as opposed to starting over from the beginning. But I don't have any faith in the writers ability to really give a good story anymore. The way they had characters disappearing and then popping up and then disappearing again for long stretches was driving me nuts.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    In regards to the spoiler, I was very aware of that also. Made no sense.

Arrow!

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Hey! Stick around for the next 20 damn hours of Sons of Anarchy before this crap show dies a mercriful death in the season finale, just to make sure you watch....until the next 20 hours. Seriously, say what you want about how bad Dexter got, at least they kept it to 13ish hours a season. But good lord, Kurt Sutter apparently has free reign to put whatever he wants on FX's airwaves now. I blame the burb housewives.

I want a 6 minute youtube skit of Sorkin in Sutter's writing room. It'd be legendary, you'd cover half a season.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hey! Stick around for the next 20 damn hours of Sons of Anarchy before this crap show dies a mercriful death in the season finale, just to make sure you watch....until the next 20 hours. Seriously, say what you want about how bad Dexter got, at least they kept it to 13ish hours a season. But good lord, Kurt Sutter apparently has free reign to put whatever he wants on FX's airwaves now. I blame the burb housewives.

I want a 6 minute youtube skit of Sorkin in Sutter's writing room. It'd be legendary, you'd cover half a season.
    I might be getting to the point where I either reject serial shows completely or just watch shows that have run their course. I loved the last episode but man, there was just too many filler episodes and seasons in-between the initial premise and the fallout that is coming in the final season. I don't think SOA is any different from other serials in that they keep going when they have the ratings. So it's hard to follow them week to week with the red herrings and whatever ******** is crammed into them, knowing there's seemingly no end for awhile.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

That ending to SoA was brutal on multiple levels.

I'm still hanging in there with this show, but I stopped feeling truly emotionally invested a couple years ago.

I'm glad Dan Harmon is back:

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

GOGGINS!

Mood

Not sure if anyone else has seen Ja'mie on HBO, but it's pretty amazing. Like, it's technically a parody and he is mocking the subculture of the rich white Australian elite, but it comes off as so genuine and un-staged that if it wasn't so damn funny, it would come off as a performance piece. This is kind of what it would have been like if I'm Still Here (the Phoenix/Affleck movie) was actually good. I'm not really a fan of the mockumentary format or style, but this show does it in a way that I don't think I've seen before. So ****ing quiche.

Homeland
    I think it's just a mess... It can't decide if it wants to be a high production soap opera or a slow burn spy thriller.
    Carrie can't just be a strong woman, or a conflicted human being. No... she has to have 'issues'. Issues that supposedly got her kicked out of the 'the agency' (and rightfully so since she's shown more than once that she can't be trusted to 'handle' her issues). But for some reason, she's back at the agency, on missions, getting promoted.... But now she's pregnant. Yeah... like that little complication wouldn't send red flags to her superiors instead of being offered a new position. And didn't anyone tell the writers that a kid is usually shark jumping territory?

I could live with a little of the relationship stuff with Brody, but the mental stuff, the in and out of the hospital, the disobeying orders, now that pregnancy... and yet all is forgiven for her? Still at the agency? Not even a little realistic in my book.

And up on the fence screaming "Brody" in this last episode? Ummmmmmm wouldn't that be just a little concerning for anyone trying to maintain their cover in Iran? Let alone for any operatives in Iran that she has had contact with? I'm thinking when your cover is as a French national, yelling Brody in perfect English from the top of a fence is just not a good idea. And especially not in that setting. But of course, it's of no consequence or even concern for her or other operatives... and doesn't raise an eye of suspicion directed her way? C'mon....

Again... that's soap opera stuff.

She couldn't just be there and suffer inside while maintaining a semblance of outward composure while we see it in her eyes that she's suffering but staying strong and professional and understands the situation is no longer in her control?

The thing is, the spy stuff seems fresh enough. And getting a look at the personal lives and feelings of these people is fine. But I don't understand why there needs to be a such an unrealistic soap opera around Carrie. The mental issues, not taking her meds, disobeying orders, attempting to go public with agency business, helping Brody escape.... even getting canned from the agency... yet... somehow... still there and getting promoted as if nothing ever happened.

And did I mention she's pregnant...

EDIT: And now that I think about it... What was up with dedicating so much time to Brody's daughter the first half or so this season? And then after doing that it was all just dropped. Huh? It was teen soap opera, hammered and hammered home some more, and then all that really led nowhere as far as I can tell. There was such an early focus on it and then such a drop and turn away from it that it's like someone said "WTF are you doing writers? Can we get back to the adults and their problems and maybe get this about international issues again?"

At the end his family wasn't even an afterthought. Except for a brief mention of his father...

Huh?
    Last edited by Bball; 12-17-2013 at 05:14 AM.

------

-John Wooden

Sherlock Season 3! (so happy it's back)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.