Page 145 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 4617

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Family Tools
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

As a book reader I love to see the comments of everyone on GoT, and the best is speculation on what will happen in the future. It's fun to see people who forget GRRM's style.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a book reader I love to see the comments of everyone on GoT, and the best is speculation on what will happen in the future. It's fun to see people who forget GRRM's style.
    EVERYONE DIES

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

At this point, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the final book ended with the entire continent of Westeros being bombarded to death by astroids.

Starting Battlestar Galactica again, the 2004 version. I watched the first season years ago, but then we cancelled Netflix so I never finished it. Now that I've got Netflix, I'm giving it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    At this point, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the final book ended with the entire continent of Westeros being bombarded to death by astroids.
    There is a comet currently in the sky, as seen in S2E1...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    There is a comet currently in the sky, as seen in S2E1...
    That comet should probably watch its back if its in Game of Thrones.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Probably Pawn Stars. Maybe Bone Collector. Speaking of boning I see Michael Waddell is hooked up with wife 3 (ex producers wife)... old news I know but new to me.

There's probably like 3 people on here that know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    EVERYONE DIES
    Whoa spoilers for ADWD. Now you ruined The Winds of Winter and A Dream Of Spring, which is just snow blowing over all the graves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRyanExpress View Post
    Starting Battlestar Galactica again, the 2004 version. I watched the first season years ago, but then we cancelled Netflix so I never finished it. Now that I've got Netflix, I'm giving it a go.
    You can do yourself a favor and skip the last season. Talk about going off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You can do yourself a favor and skip the last season. Talk about going off the rails.
    I was fine with it through the end. I can understand not liking the end as much as the early stuff, in fact I would agree with that, but I wouldn't skip it.

How I Met Your Mother. Just finished Season 3 last night on Netflix. Wife and I love this show.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The second to last episode of every season of GoT is so good that the finale always feels like a bit of a let down.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

I like how they do it. It gives you an episode to process what happened in the crazy episode and sets up next season. I really enjoy the episodes that don't necessarily have crazy things going on, but have witty dialogue and good story lines. This episode certainly provided that
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

*I'm going to discuss things that happen through the end of Season 3 of Game of Thrones, so if you are not caught up, spoilers*

I kind of like it, too, though this is the first time in three years we didn't have as much 'wow factor' at the very end. That has to be because this isn't the end of one of the books, like apparently the first two seasons were. I read we're only about 2/3rd through book 3 at this point.

I also learned something I thought was interesting (as a non-book reader): Apparently book 4 and 5 kind of happen concurrently with different characters, so I'm wondering how the TV people plan to make that all work. I guess it just means they'll take their time getting through it all so they don't have to make time jumps.

I'm wondering now because surely season 4 will go further than the last 1/3rd of book 3, at least you'd think.

Waiting 10 months suuuuuuuucks. But it's been great not being spoiled about what's to come. I'd still enjoy the show, I think, for it's production value/acting/whatnot, but it definitely adds a great deal of anticipation for me to not know what's about to happen each episode. Makes the twists very shocking, too.

I had no idea about the Red Wedding, and I'm thankful for that. Made it a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge gut punch when it aired. I suspected something undesirable was going to happen, but I was thinking far smaller. The episode description on the TV box's guide mentioned 'A Frey marries a Tully.' And since that was so vague, I was waiting for Walder Frey to 'alter the deal' once the wedding was in motion, and by that I mean I thought he was going to tell Robb, "You can have my army, but only if your mother marries me." Something along those lines, anyway. So while I expected a twist, I sure as **** did not expect that.

So, yeah, it's kind of fun not knowing what's to come, and in general with TV and movies I've done a complete 180 on how I used to be with spoilers, and I'm finding it rewarding to let the shows play out.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I was fine with it through the end. I can understand not liking the end as much as the early stuff, in fact I would agree with that, but I wouldn't skip it.
    I'm with Hicks, I'll probably finish it either way. It's hard for me to abandon TV shows without finishing them, unless they just completely dovetail into awfulness (example: Rescue Me--had to jump ship in season 3).

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

There's only one thing re: Episode 10 that I want to address because I think it's going to be lightning rod-y for the next couple of weeks. No book spoilers, obviously, just thoughts on the finale's final scene.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Best season yet. GoT is on a trajectory to being the greatest accomplishment in the history of entertainment. Pressure's on George Martin now.

Thumbs down Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Thank you for injecting the emotions associated with white guilt and with racial politics into a TV show that I love / am emotionally attached to, which I watch for the purposes of escapism, fantasy, and entertainment.

Ugh.

(note: That is not me saying your views are invalid, just me venting about the side effects they have had on me since I read them)

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Those aren't even my views. (I must have miscommunicated my thoughts.) Believe me, I'll defend the show to a fault. I just threw that in there because I know that Internet debate is coming. I'm putting my perspective (from a storytelling and character point of view) in before you see 500 articles from Slate and Jezebel on the subject. The whole freeing slaves on the other side of the world thing was bound to become a talking point on the blogs at some point, and some of the images from that scene are certainly fodder for that. I really like what the show did with that scene (based on my interpretation) and I'm excited to see where they go.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 06-10-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Fair enough. I'm just saying that, in any case, when that is brought up, I have those emotions buzz-killing/stifling my usual emotions surrounding the show, and that's a bummer.

Keep in mind the GOT season finale largely existed just to set up the "new game" for S4. Basically, you can think of GOT as an ongoing chess game where pieces (sometimes several) occasionally get wiped off the board. The show then needs to "reset" the game with new pieces, and begin anew.

That's basically what the finale did, so it wasn't a sexy episode, but it was necessary. You'll need to have the Greyjoys fresh in mind for S4, as well as Stannis taking his army north, Bran's journey beyond the wall, key characters reuniting at Castle Black, etc.

Game of Thrones has butchered Stannis. The writers are able to do great things with so many other characters, but they make Stannis look like a jerk and a zealot. He is neither. He just uses Melisandre because her magic works, not because of religious beliefs. The way he acted with Gendry was totally out of character.

The ending was disappointing because they had other options that they could have used to continue the "what the hell just happened?" season ender they had in the first two seasons. The Arya scene was actually a recreation from the second book, except it was a guard at Harrenhal. I was happy to see Aemon back too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRyanExpress View Post
    I'm with Hicks, I'll probably finish it either way. It's hard for me to abandon TV shows without finishing them, unless they just completely dovetail into awfulness (example: Rescue Me--had to jump ship in season 3).
    Ugh, Nip/Tuck & True Blood come to mind. Not enough fire in the world to have given those shows the mercy kills they needed after first few seasons.

Next season is going to be great. It'll be one giant climax to the story of A Storm Of Swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I like how they do it. It gives you an episode to process what happened in the crazy episode and sets up next season. I really enjoy the episodes that don't necessarily have crazy things going on, but have witty dialogue and good story lines. This episode certainly provided that
    The Wire worked in a similar fashion.