Page 133 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 4601

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Season Finale of Homeland. Not sure why I continue to watch this show. Not sure why I don't like it more than I do

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've busted out my DVDs of Party Down. I'm 3 episodes in. I miss that show dearly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRyanExpress For This Useful Post:

How I met your Mother- this is still one of my favorite shows even after 8 seasons. Can't get enough of it. Barney just pulled off what is supposed to be the final play from the playbook. In what i guess is the mid-season finale as it was 1 hour.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheRyanExpress View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've busted out my DVDs of Party Down. I'm 3 episodes in. I miss that show dearly.
    Heard great things about it, just never had the time. Maybe one of these days.

Anyway, about done with season two of Friday Night Lights, not as strong as the first but still pretty good. Bummed I missed this show during the initial run. And yeah that Landry plotline was a little...bizarre. But I don't really care, I like Landry as a character a lot and it meant getting to see more Tyra.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Heard great things about it, just never had the time. Maybe one of these days.

Anyway, about done with season two of Friday Night Lights, not as strong as the first but still pretty good. Bummed I missed this show during the initial run. And yeah that Landry plotline was a little...bizarre. But I don't really care, I like Landry as a character a lot and it meant getting to see more Tyra.
    Season 3 and 4 are by far the strongest seasons because it actually plays off the most common plot in football.

Finally had a chance to watch the season 3 premiere of Walking Dead. My DVR has been around 95%, and I have like 8 Walking Dead shows to watch.

Just been reading a lot and haven't had time for tv.

It was a pretty good episode. Can't wait to see more.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Season 3 and 4 are by far the strongest seasons because it actually plays off the most common plot in football.
    Agreed. FNL rights the ship in seasons 3 and 4, and I was also a big fan of season 5 as well. Season 2 (from what I've read) was one that NBC had pressured the creators to try to drive ratings, thus the weird Landry plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post

I thought season #1 was by far the best and I would rank that one season of FNL up against any other show I have ever seen and IMO it is as good as any other show. I thought the quality suffered slighly after season #1, and after it went to Directv you could see the budget cutting. Still enjoyed it every season though

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Series 4 finale of Misfits - It's still a good, unique show, and this season featured more personal stories than last. It doesn't seem like it will stop being entertaining. That said, they need to get some new characters working soon, because they're relying on Rudy for everything. Joseph Gilgun is great but some other elements have to come in to break up the power of the week/after school special format.

Mood

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

The first season is excellent, I felt like season 2 was meh, 3 was excellent and 4 was the best and 5 wrapped everything up.
    Watching dexter season 5 now. HOLY CRAP THIS SHOW HAS SOME SERIOUS TWISTS AND TURNS.

Mood

As I think is documented way back on an old page of this thread, I initially tried Dexter but was too creeped out or otherwise disturbed by the premise of rooting for someone capable of such a sick thing, so I didn't continue past the pilot.

As I continue to grow more callous and jaded every year, , I'm thinking about giving it another try since it clearly seems to be a pretty good show in any respect. I think it's still on Netflix streaming, right?

I think I have enough practice now from shows like Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarachy to where I can now appreciate a show where I'm not necessarily rooting for sick people, but merely observing sick people who I may occasionally sympathize with or whatnot while never forgiving the sick stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    As I think is documented way back on an old page of this thread, I initially tried Dexter but was too creeped out or otherwise disturbed by the premise of rooting for someone capable of such a sick thing, so I didn't continue past the pilot.

As I continue to grow more callous and jaded every year, , I'm thinking about giving it another try since it clearly seems to be a pretty good show in any respect. I think it's still on Netflix streaming, right?

I think I have enough practice now from shows like Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarachy to where I can now appreciate a show where I'm not necessarily rooting for sick people, but merely observing sick people who I may occasionally sympathize with or whatnot while never forgiving the sick stuff.
    I honestly have no real problem with dexters premise. As troops is basically the same concept without the slow death it's usually just a triple tap and not having to hide the body. Sometimes justice is not possible by the system.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

The Taylors relationship on Friday Night Lights is probably the best marriage ever put to screen. The TV adage goes that "no one likes seeing a happy marriage," but that's only because people that make TV don't know what a happy marriage looks like. The compromise, non-crippling co-dependence, non-verbal conversations that say more than a 5 minute dialog ever could. It's perfect.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    How I met your Mother- this is still one of my favorite shows even after 8 seasons. Can't get enough of it. Barney just pulled off what is supposed to be the final play from the playbook. In what i guess is the mid-season finale as it was 1 hour.
    Amazing show.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it's still on Netflix streaming, right?
    Unfortunately, no.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Finally had a chance to watch the season 3 premiere of Walking Dead. My DVR has been around 95%, and I have like 8 Walking Dead shows to watch.

Just been reading a lot and haven't had time for tv.

It was a pretty good episode. Can't wait to see more.
    You are in for a treat. Several of the season 3 episodes, including the mid-season finale really have the intensity and some cliff-hangers that you'd expect in a season finale. Great season so far, IMO.

Mood

Speaking of which, they will be on their third show runner starting with season four. I would be more concerned, but really I thought the show was just fine after the first transition so I'm not as worried as I was back then. Still, what is the deal with this?

Mood

Speaking of which, they will be on their third show runner starting with season four. I would be more concerned, but really I thought the show was just fine after the first transition so I'm not as worried as I was back then. Still, what is the deal with this?
    My understanding is that, despite the fact that TWD's ratings pretty much keep AMC afloat, the network is very stingy with the budgets (see the firefight from the last episode). The network as a whole seems like it's in disarray from the Weiner negotiations to ****ing with the BB schedule to renewing The Killing even though no one thought it was coming back. TWD could go on for a dozen seasons if it wants, but not if no one wants to work there. Without some change of leadership for the network, all the good shows will just move on to FX, Showtime, or HBO. (This is all pretty uninformed speculation.)

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I friggin' love Happy Endings. And I quite enjoyed Elisha Cuthbert dancing around in this clip above.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Taylors relationship on Friday Night Lights is probably the best marriage ever put to screen. The TV adage goes that "no one likes seeing a happy marriage," but that's only because people that make TV don't know what a happy marriage looks like. The compromise, non-crippling co-dependence, non-verbal conversations that say more than a 5 minute dialog ever could. It's perfect.
    You summed it up perfectly. Every time I recommend FNL to people to watch, I immediately tell them they don't even have to know anything about football to enjoy the show. In fact, some of the football scenes are the weakest of the series. But that marriage was so real and down to earth and the acting was beautifully done. I can't rave enough about it.

Merlin series finale. Most of it was really good, didn't see the ending coming, which was nice. I did not like, however, the monty python and the holy grail type ending. Wtf was that.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Merlin series finale. Most of it was really good, didn't see the ending coming, which was nice. I did not like, however, the monty python and the holy grail type ending. Wtf was that.
    WTF???? What are you watching this on? Dammit how did I miss this entire season?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    WTF???? What are you watching this on? Dammit how did I miss this entire season?
    Haha. Well the series just finished airing overseas in GB this weekend. The one they show here is off a season I believe. Am I correct in thinking they are just about to start the last season?

I watch Merlin online (on websites that are...well, you know) when it comes out each Saturday. So I was well on top of the game.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Haha. Well the series just finished airing overseas in GB this weekend. The one they show here is off a season I believe. Am I correct in thinking they are just about to start the last season?

I watch Merlin online (on websites that are...well, you know) when it comes out each Saturday. So I was well on top of the game.
    Whew...

I thought I really screwed up and missed it, I was really depressed.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13