Page 122 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4672

Thread: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Default Re: What TV Show Did You Last Watch

Episodes was great Sunday night.Two or three really laugh out loud scenes.

On Newsroom, I can take preaching, unfair characterization of arguments, and a completely left leaning show, but once I get bored with the actual dialogue and character then I stop watching. Have ep #3 on DVR, might watch tonight.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-10-2012 at 01:50 PM.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Everyone will forget all about cable news fan fiction once Breaking Bad starts up on Sunday.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Finished first season of JUSTIFIED - good show - will continue with the next season

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finished first season of JUSTIFIED - good show - will continue with the next season

I too have only watched the first season, and I enjoyed it. Wasn't great though. But from what I have heard season #2 is great

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    But from what I have heard season #2 is great
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Season 3 is good, too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I too have only watched the first season, and I enjoyed it. Wasn't great though. But from what I have heard season #2 is great
    Yea it was a good filler as most shows are on holidays right now. I've tried some other shows like Falling Skies and Psych but they just didn't do it for me.

Happy to hear that Episodes is back - will give that a go soon.

Yea it was a good filler as most shows are on holidays right now. I've tried some other shows like Falling Skies and Psych but they just didn't do it for me.

Happy to hear that Episodes is back - will give that a go soon.
    In my opinion, Justified got better and better, with last season being one of the best shows on TV easily. At no point can you ever guess what's going to happen next and Olyphant is phenominal. Stick with it. You will be rewarded.

Psych quit being good years ago. I'll watch it when I catch it, but they lost a lot of the truly quirky banter that made the show funny. I wish they'd end it. Falling Skies just doesn't feel like it has any real momentum . I'll watch when it's on, not because it's that great, but cause I really like Noah Wylie, love Sarah Carter, Will Patton and Moon Bloodgood.

I've been watching Common Law. It's good, but needs some umph! It's entertaining, kinda pedestrian, in a way. Suits has actually been pretty enjoyable to me, after I gave up on it halfway through the season last year. I'm looking forward to Political Animals as my replacement for the defunct, Dirty, Sexy, Money.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Can't wait for Breaking Bad Sunday night. The Wire is my favorite show of alltime and I don't expect any future show will top that, but Breaking Bad is probably my second favorite alltime. Can't really pinpoint why, except maybe there are probably a half dozen scenes seared into my brain that I doubt will ever leave.

Watching season 3 of White Collar

Pretty cool show.

DVR'ing season 4 for now. First episode was this week.

Seems like it'll be forever before Psych is back.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Can't wait for Breaking Bad Sunday night. The Wire is my favorite show of alltime and I don't expect any future show will top that, but Breaking Bad is probably my second favorite alltime. Can't really pinpoint why, except maybe there are probably a half dozen scenes seared into my brain that I doubt will ever leave.
    HOOO BOY. There's cold opens, then there's Breaking Bad cold opens. This is the last season as I assume you know, but it's 16 episodes and they're splitting into 8 mini-season type things. I want to know if that open was the outcome of this current half season or the series overall.

I really can't get over how much this series surprised me. I remember calling my buddy a week or so before the series started and saying "hey man, dad from Malcolm In The Middle becomes a meth cook, gotta at least give it a go." It's certainly not The Wire, nothing is, but Breaking Bad I infinitely enjoy it more.

Oh, and when your lead-in is one of the handful of best TV productions in history, you put some kind of small town cops reality show behind it. Who the hell's running AMC these days?

Falling Skies
    In tonight's episode they were sitting in a room discussing the lack of fuel and their need for more fuel, all the while bemoaning their inability to find any fuel. I suggest they go flag down one of the cars driving on the street that was off in the distance and clearly could be seen from the window of the hospital.

Oops! Next time they might want to reconsider the blocking and camera angles!

You can also catch glimpses of people outside the window, and I suspect they weren't really supposed to be filmed, but that's arguable as they could be extras and candy for the scene. But that doesn't explain cars zooming down the street!

...And this show continues it's cheese factor...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mother F-ing Newsroom! I love this show! Jeff Daniels is going to get a freaking emmy this year. I just hope they dont' cut this first season short at like 8 episodes like they do for alot of their first season series.

I've read alot of this forums criticisms on this show and I frankly think you are all wrong. This week they flat out called Michelle Bachman a liar. Which is something none of the news shows on network or cable have the courage to do. Infact Michelle Bachman was on CNN this past week and she flat out lied about the Obama care law again, and no body had the courage to call her out on it on air. I fancy myself a political junky and I do alot of research on prevalent political trends and issues so its really awesome to see a show that tackles these news stories from a unique retrospect. It shows you how it should have been reported, and they really do take a very factual approach to it. Now granted they take some liberties with timelines, but i can accept that.

One of my favorite news moments so far is from Ep 3 where they have their election night coverage and they are interviewing the newly elected Tea Party Candidate. They ask him about the whole debt ceiling debate and he gives the standard ginned up response that we heard in real life on this issue, and the news team sorta chimes in with the sobering truth that nobody really wanted to acknowledge in the real world as well. Which was played out brilliantly by the congressman elect's, inability to hear or acknowledge their question due to raucous crowd. Then they followed up with the hack job analyst again going to his standard "beautiful display of democracy tonight!" F-ing brilliant.

This show had me with in the first ten minutes of the Episode 1.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Breaking Bad Season 5 Premiere - It felt almost like an epilogue to the end of the fourth season rather than jumping full on into new territory. It certainly hasn't missed a beat and I'm so glad to have Mike back in super smart-*** mode. I just think they could have set the table for a few more of the elements of what's going on. I'm not sure on the choice of setting the episode right after that last. Mostly because I really want to know what happened on a larger level as a result of the end of season 4. I'm sure they'll get into it. (Walt may get away with doing another incredibly stupid thing and, god, I hate Skylar.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I really can't get over how much this series surprised me. I remember calling my buddy a week or so before the series started and saying "hey man, dad from Malcolm In The Middle becomes a meth cook, gotta at least give it a go." It's certainly not The Wire, nothing is, but Breaking Bad I infinitely enjoy it more.
    I was having dinner in Westwood a few years ago when Bryan Cranston and Curtis Armstrong (Booger from Revenge of the Nerds) joined the large table I was sitting at. It happened not too long before Breaking Bad aired. I didn't watch MITM so I didn't have much to say to Bryan, but I would've closed the restaurant before running out of Breaking Bad questions. It's one of a very few Hollywood moments I wish I could do over (of course, a few years later).

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I was having dinner in Westwood a few years ago when Bryan Cranston and Curtis Armstrong (Booger from Revenge of the Nerds) joined the large table I was sitting at. It happened not too long before Breaking Bad aired. I didn't watch MITM so I didn't have much to say to Bryan, but I would've closed the restaurant before running out of Breaking Bad questions. It's one of a very few Hollywood moments I wish I could do over (of course, a few years later).
    Did you send a bottle of sparkling apple juice to his house? Did he get it?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Watched episode 3 and 4 of Newsroom. I enjoyed the format of ep #3 - similar to the Social Network. I do enjoy the show even there are times throughout that it is a little painfull, but then it will hit a really dramatic and exciting few minutes which makes it worth watching.

Watched episode 3 and 4 of Newsroom. I enjoyed the format of ep #3 - similar to the Social Network. I do enjoy the show even there are times throughout that it is a little painfull, but then it will hit a really dramatic and exciting few minutes which makes it worth watching.
    Bingo! I was almost drumming my fingers last episode, thinking, like the episode before, how kinda pedestrian things were going and how ridiculous some of the attempts at humor were...until the last 10 minutes. When it was over, my wife kinda wiped her eyes and asked me why she felt emotional. For all of his faults, Sorkins seems repeatedly able to tap into something primal and empathetic to close each episode that makes you not only consider the point he's trying to make, but causes you to think about your own actions and thinking. For that alone, Newsroom is must see TV. Can't wait each week for a new episode.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Newsroom is entertaining to a point but it has a lot of flaws that just really grate on me. I’m sorry but the idiotic burgeoning romance between Maggie & Jim just gets in the way every single week IMO. In fact I find that storyline part of it very annoying.

Also while I originally liked his character the first week I have come to grow a strong dislike for Charlie Skinner. In fact his act in the boardroom with the meeting with Jane Fonda’s character was just to over the top and cheesy for me.

Also while I find the story line between Will & MacKenzie to also be annoying I don’t dislike it nearly as much as I do the one between Maggie & Jim.

I like the way Daniels is playing McAvoy.

I guess I am with this show like I am with Mad Men, I like when they are at their jobs but I just have no interest in their off duty persona.

Obviously anytime you are watching HBO in particular & Hollywood in general you have to know you are going to be treated to a heaping dose of liberal viewpoints, however I think where I am vastly disappointed here is that for whatever reason I was under the impression that they were going to try and at least pretend to be neutral. Well I guess their version of neutral is that McAvoy is a registered Republican but hates every Republican and any of their ideals.

I don’t want to make this just a political point here but frankly I hope that the DNC is giving these guys money to help with production cost because if not this is the biggest free advertisement in the history of TV.

However in all fairness I do believe that this is probably very accurate to how newsrooms are run although that is just a guess on my part.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Wilfred - Great writing. I don't always laugh out loud when I watch television, but when I do, it's during this show. Also, Dos Equis.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Wilfred - Great writing. I don't always laugh out loud when I watch television, but when I do, it's during this show. Also, Dos Equis.

That show is crazy. In a good way though. Can't believe sometimes what I am laughing at when I watch the show, but I do laugh.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Middle of Season 2 of Justified - wow has this show picked up - not saying first season was bad...but this second season has been building up and up! loving it.

Anger Management - its like Two and a Half Men without the annoying brother and his kid.

Started Season 2 of Necessary Roughness

Middle of Season 2 of Justified - wow has this show picked up - not saying first season was bad...but this second season has been building up and up! loving it.

Anger Management - its like Two and a Half Men without the annoying brother and his kid.

Started Season 2 of Necessary Roughness
    Justified turned into a really solid show. Not outstanding or anything, but it's really underappreciated compared to stuff like Sons of Anarchy on the same network. They ever kill off Boyd Crowder I'm done though lol, Walter Goggins just destroys that role. It's another show that Tim Olyphant "leads" where he's almost the weakest link. I like the guy, but talk about one note.

Anyway, I dug the first season of Wilfred quite a bit, but it's fallen off for me. I don't know how the ratings are or anything but if this 2nd season was it I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed.

White Collar

Watching season 3 online. Currently DVR'ing season 4, so I'm looking forward to watching this.

Chopped - best cooking competition on tv.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Is anybody else watching the final season of Damages?

So far this is shaping up to be one of the better seasons and that is saying something.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13