Thread: European Pacer Fans: What do you think of Brexit?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default European Pacer Fans: What do you think of Brexit?

I'm not even close to an expert on it but the general consensus I keep reading is that it is going to devastate the British economy, the young people in general HATE it and the old people seem to have voted it into being. There's also speculation that the entire EU could, conveivably, collapse but I don't know how much validity I put in that. Any thoughts?

Sports Logo

Default Re: European Pacer Fans: What do you think of Brexit?

no idea, I'm from Crawfordsville. I know what it is but I'm an idiot and have no clue about the long term ramifications of it.

what I wanna know is why all the fruit flavored candy doesn't taste like the actual fruit. banana, watermelon, cherry, all the great fruits. none of that candy, or juice, or "flavored water,", that does not taste like said fruits. we gotta fix this education gap in food sciences. make fruit flavors great again. I also ran over a cat today, I think, he came from the left and didn't come out the right. so those folks on Walnut Street, hey, keep a better eye one your cat.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I am not European but I work for a company that has a lot of overseas business partners - and they uniformly see it as a nightmare. In the end, the UK may just negotiate an association agreement with Europe that will keep things largely the same, but in the meantime there is a lot of uncertainty, and business hates uncertainty.

My advice, if you have always wanted to see London go now, generally the exchange rate is brutal but now it is as low as it has ever been in three decades.
    Last edited by idioteque; 06-24-2016 at 03:35 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not European but I work for a company that has a lot of overseas business partners - and they uniformly see it as a nightmare. In the end, the UK may just negotiate an association agreement with Europe that will keep things largely the same, but in the meantime there is a lot of uncertainty, and business hates uncertainty.

My advice, if you have always wanted to see London go now, generally the exchange rate is brutal but now it is as low as it has ever been in three decades.
    I was in London last year, and am currently in Europe. I was probably going to have to fly out of Heathrow anyway, so I might extend my trip a few days to explore the stuff I missed the first time around in England.

I'd like to hear what our Irish brethren would say, especially with how Scotland and Northern Ireland voted.