Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to gripe about Rick

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Time to gripe about Rick

For God's sake, stop the stupid *** iso plays, set rotations (which includes sitting the hot hand), and giving the ball to anti-clutch Jack and AJ with the game on the line!!!!!

Default Re: Time to b!tch about Rick

I should just go to bed, because I'm going to say something I'm going to regret. The Rockets defense got extremely aggressive and that took the Pacers out of their movement and passing. The Rockets forced the Pacers to go to more iso type play. Even though they really didn't go to it much at all.

More language? Think of the children!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

I'm not going to put this one on Rick... just the 2 morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I should just go to bed, because I'm going to say something I'm going to regret. The Rockets defense got extremely aggressive and that took the Pacers out of their movement and passing. The Rockets forced the Pacers to go to more iso type play. Even though they really didn't go to it much at all.
    This is not an isolated incident by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    Who the hell do you think drew that play up for AJ?

Ohh and guys if you think that we are going to run the uptempo/extra pass offense when JO comes back you are wrong. AS SOON as JO is back. I mean the first game he steps on the court, we are going back to the half court offense. Best beleive it cause its the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This is not an isolated incident by any means.

But tonight it was different.

But in general this whole complaining about Iso thing is driving me absolutely crazy. I would love to chart tonights game and count how many plays ended in isolation. I guarantee it is a lot less than what many would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    More language? Think of the children!
    Agreed.
    Yes please cool it with the swearing. Thanks.

Oh well. As a pacer fan, I should almost expect these kind of losses. I am getting back into the mode of just not caring because it's so stressful to watch things like this happen night in and night out.

I am less upset with Rick than I am with players breaking off plays and throwing up BS 3 pointers when all we need is a 2. I have a hard time believing that Rick was drawing up plays (particularly at the end) where Jax throws up garbage w/out even passing the ball around the perimeter looking for a open shooter. That's not coachings fault, thats 1.players being stupid 2.players being overconfident in their individual skills. 3. players forcing things at key points in the game

Jax has been on my s@@t list for awhile now. The last 3 games sure haven't impressed me. I don't think he even wants to win games sometimes, or it seems he doesn't care. This was awful to watch.........just terrible execution........
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

I'm not the biggest Jax fan, but I don't think the guy can get a fair shake anymore. Know one questions says anything about foster being 0-7 from the field, 1-4 from the line, shooting twice instead of setting up the offence with 28 seconds left ,a new shot clock and a 1 point lead.

Jackson made 1 - missed 4 in the fourth and had 3 steals in the fourth. Peja made 2 - missed 4 in the fourth. Pretty small margin to make such a difference - Peja is the hero no one will let shoot, Jax is a moron that cost us the game.

Default Re: Time to gripe about Rick

And I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked Jax last shot. It came off movement, he was open, he'd been hitting his threes and it came at the perfect time in the clock. It allowed us to foul on the miss and have time for a good play at the end. Now the last play for AJ I wasn't all that thrilled with.

Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    I am less upset with Rick than I am with players breaking off plays and throwing up BS 3 pointers when all we need is a 2. Jax has been on my s@@t list for awhile now. The last 3 games sure haven't impressed me. I don't think he even wants to win games sometimes, or it seems he doesn't care. This was awful to watch.........just terrible execution........
    I'd say watch the New York game again - Jax was the only thing we had going in the 3rd. He scores 9 points in about 3 1/2 minutes to keep us close and Rick takes him out with about 4 to go in the fourth and lets him sit for awhile. But hey chalk it up to Jax costing us the game - it's trendy right now.

I have a Question...

ok say we dump Rick C

WHO DOES EVERY ONE WANT TO REPLACE HIM ??

Larry Bird

St Jean ?

Donnie Nelson

Rick Pinto

Reggie Miller

Charles Barkley

Mel Daniels

Travis Best

Mike Brown

James Brown

Paul Brown ?

well.. who would you trust to take this team in to next season ??

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Who the hell do you think drew that play up for AJ?

Ohh and guys if you think that we are going to run the uptempo/extra pass offense when JO comes back you are wrong. AS SOON as JO is back. I mean the first game he steps on the court, we are going back to the half court offense. Best beleive it cause its the truth.
    true. but i just can't shake off how AJ just hoisted those 3 long shots and Jacko time and time again. yea Rick did draw up that last play, but that's not solely the reason im so upset at the 2. im not blaming them for the loss, im just pi$$ed at em.

I think we all need to calm down and wait for Mark Boyle to post a really good and mature pacer comment, at the end of the day it's just a regualr season loss, a stupid loss but a loss non less, i know we should practise these situations for game 7 but it wasen't game seven

come the playoffs the Pacers will show us all why there NO 1 in our hearts

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rm1369
    I'm not the biggest Jax fan, but I don't think the guy can get a fair shake anymore. Know one questions says anything about foster being 0-7 from the field, 1-4 from the line, shooting twice instead of setting up the offence with 28 seconds left ,a new shot clock and a 1 point lead.

Jackson made 1 - missed 4 in the fourth and had 3 steals in the fourth. Peja made 2 - missed 4 in the fourth. Pretty small margin to make such a difference - Peja is the hero no one will let shoot, Jax is a moron that cost us the game.

well if you just look at it on paper you could say that, but with Jacko to me its already had a cumulative effect. i mean, he just hoists bad shot after bad shot everytime. everytime!!! EVERYTIME!!! AJ tonight too was a pain hoisting those jumpshots and not trying to get the best shot and manage the clock right. I mean look, we can do the stats thing but Runi can go 0-6 but I won't get pissed at all coz Runi takes good shots. open shots. and always finds the better shot for the pass when he doesn't have it. but Jacko man, I mean, i like the fact that he has started all the games and that he's stuff and all that, but it just pains me to watch him. painful. PAINFUL!!!! I don't hate him, i just think he makes so many bad decisions everytime.

Brick Carlisle may be a friend of Larry Birds, but his coaching style is nothing close to what Bird wants. We need to find a Euro coach. And then claim we were the first team to have a Euro coach. And we'll shoot lots of threes. And play no defense. And have Shawn Marion.

well if you just look at it on paper you could say that, but with Jacko to me its already had a cumulative effect. i mean, he just hoists bad shot after bad shot everytime. everytime!!! EVERYTIME!!! AJ tonight too was a pain hoisting those jumpshots and not trying to get the best shot and manage the clock right. I mean look, we can do the stats thing but Runi can go 0-6 but I won't get pissed at all coz Runi takes good shots. open shots. and always finds the better shot for the pass when he doesn't have it. but Jacko man, I mean, i like the fact that he has started all the games and that he's stuff and all that, but it just pains me to watch him. painful. PAINFUL!!!! I don't hate him, i just think he makes so many bad decisions everytime.
    I guess it's all in what you like. I chalk up a big reason for the New York loss Ricks incistants on playing Saras when he couldn't guard Francis or Marbury at all. That was a big reason they shot and hit some many threes, they went at Saras every time he was on the court and the penetration broke down the defence.

Saras shoots .417 for the season, Jackson .415. For the amount of bad shots he takes compared to Saras, the percentages are pretty damn close. The biggest difference is probably that Jackson can get his shot off against the smaller players he sometimes faces. Which meens more guarded shots. Saras has a harder time getting his shot on his own and mainly takes open perimiter shots. I'd have thought he'd hit more.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly don't understand this board sometimes.....

When a coach misses a shot, come find me. When a coach loses is man on D, come find me. When a coach commits a stupid foul, come find me. When a coach commits a turnover, come find me.

When a coach knocks down a shot with a hand in his face, come find me. I think you get the picture.

All the people complaining about RC, where were you against the 76ers congradulating him on drawing up the play for Jax? Oh, that's right...... Jax got the credit for getting open. I forogt, he won the game for the Ps, not Rick.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I JVG.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

The Game never should have come down to the last shot, Now ASK yourself who's fault is that

The Teams Fault shooting for scoring 11 points on 4-24 Shooting %

The Coach for Bad player rotations all fourth quarter

The Veterans players for not showing leadership

The Scorers for missing easy shots

The players for not wanting the game enough

The coaching plan on Defence

or was it the other team

Heating up, Hustling up, Wanting the game more....

there is more here then Just Coach Rick

I wonder if Rick has some combinations for final plays.
    Usualy he just pick randomly a player for an iso play (iso SJax, iso SJax, iso Sjax, iso AJ).
    I see Rick deciding to play this game as it is more "safe". One player having a ball means less possible misunderstanding when sharing a ball, less possibility for incorrect players decisions and so on. One can say that he's a coach and he see the best way how to end the game with the given players. But the results for close games (when using this approach) are just too bad for my taste.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Lithfan

Quote Originally Posted by rm1369
    I guess it's all in what you like. I chalk up a big reason for the New York loss Ricks incistants on playing Saras when he couldn't guard Francis or Marbury at all. That was a big reason they shot and hit some many threes, they went at Saras every time he was on the court and the penetration broke down the defence.

Saras shoots .417 for the season, Jackson .415. For the amount of bad shots he takes compared to Saras, the percentages are pretty damn close. The biggest difference is probably that Jackson can get his shot off against the smaller players he sometimes faces. Which meens more guarded shots. Saras has a harder time getting his shot on his own and mainly takes open perimiter shots. I'd have thought he'd hit more.
    No No No

You are very wrong here.

Saras and Jax have similar percentage only because Saras take most of his shots from downtown. And he does take only open shots and passes otherwise.

Lithfan

Quote Originally Posted by scar
    Brick Carlisle may be a friend of Larry Birds, but his coaching style is nothing close to what Bird wants. We need to find a Euro coach. And then claim we were the first team to have a Euro coach. And we'll shoot lots of threes. And play no defense. And have Shawn Marion.
    Phoenix get the credit here.