Thread: Pacers interested in George Lynch

Default Pacers interested in George Lynch

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/14044623.htm

It remains unclear whether the Sixers still have interest in Lynch, who has a reputation as a hard-working defender. Kauffman identified New York and Indiana as other teams that had called.
    Now, before anyone gets excited, this may very well have been before we traded for Peja. At least, I sure hope so.

Speaking of which:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...t=George+Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tomorrow morning it will be announced Samaki Walker has been cut and we have reached an agreement with FA George Lynch. Lynch will then meet the team in Boston and, after a quick glance at the playbook, will not only start at the 3, but will play all 48 minutes, run the offense, and guard Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis at the same time.

After the game, Rick will blame our loss on Lynch's "youth and inexperience", but will grudgingly admit "he was the oldest guy we could get on short notice."
    So, if we sign him, I called it in December!
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers interested in George Lynch

If it happens....and I'm not saying that it will...or even if its a good idea.......guess who Carlisle will play as the 1st SF to backup for Peja? Yep...you guessed it....SJax shifting over to the SF spot while Freddie comes in at SG.

Guess who will be the 2nd SF to backup Peja if SJax can't do it....I bet it would be Lynch....then Granger.

If this happens.....its the 2nd coming of "Michael Curry".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I think we need another big with our injury situation not a small forward.JMO

My recollection of Lynch is that, despite being a small forward, he's in the blue-collar, lunch pail mold. Will play physical, go to the boards, and, as noted, defend. I also seem to remember offense for him being a scary proposition. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I liked Lynch In his 76er's and Hornet days. An under apperciated player I thought but he is done now.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

He's DEFINITELY done. I rather get some extra player at Center then SF. SF and PG are the least of our worries in my opinion.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    He's DEFINITELY done. I rather get some extra player at Center then SF. SF and PG are the least of our worries in my opinion.
    If Lynch is being considered....its not because he is a SF....its because of his defense.

I don't know if he provides good perimeter defense.....but he perfectly fits the mold of the type of player that Carlisle likes to play.......<< COUGH COUGH.....Michael Curry...COUGH COUGH >> a veteran player that works hard and provides decent defense.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    If Lynch is being considered....its not because he is a SF....its because of his defense.

I don't know if he provides good perimeter defense.....but he perfectly fits the mold of the type of player that Carlisle likes to play.......<< COUGH COUGH.....Michael Curry...COUGH COUGH >> a veteran player that works hard and provides decent defense.
    I know that. The thing is the only one he defends better then at this point in his career is probably Peja, but I don't buy he would get even close on rebounding.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

The hell would we do with George Lynch? I pray that we dont sign him cause a game after we sign him he will get all of Danny's minutes.

It'd be like:
    Rick Carlisle gets medieval on PD!