Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not posting much right now

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Not posting much right now

The internet police are out in force at my 9-5. I Ain't given nobody no excuses, they are just begging for a reason to can people right now.

and evening is just one car trip after another...chsing one kid here and the other there. (sigh).

So, it's no offense to y'all...I'm just layin' low (if ya even noticed)

oh and believe it or not...I gave up watching basketball for Lent. My wife hasn't stopped grinning since I told her.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

teY dennaB toN

Default Re: OT: Not posting much right now

Who are you?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who are you?

Your worst nightmare. I'm a duck with an AK-47 and baaaad attitude.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Your worst nightmare. I'm a duck with an AK-47 and baaaad attitude.
    Actually, my worst nightmare would be a bunch of clowns with AKs.
    But a duck would definitely come in a distant second.

Sorry to hear The Man is putting the clamps down on you, Geeze.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    Actually, my worst nightmare would be a bunch of clowns with AKs.
    But a duck would definitely come in a distant second.

Sorry to hear The Man is putting the clamps down on you, Geeze.
    Clowns with AK's? I don't know about the firepower but you're in the right place for clowns.

Thanks
    Yeah, I even got a written reprimand. Seems the quality of my work is slipping...No BS!!! Man I gotta keep up on the Artest deals...now let's get real here! Besides, after 40 years of this ...nah, nevermind.

Geez, yeah we noticed. Don't worry, we feel your spirit around us and it's making us itch, but that's ok. We know you're there friend.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Clowns with AK's? I don't know about the firepower but you're in the right place for clowns.

Thanks
    Yeah, I even got a written reprimand. Seems the quality of my work is slipping...No BS!!! Man I gotta keep up on the Artest deals...now let's get real here! Besides, after 40 years of this ...nah, nevermind.

With you being a little *clears throat* older than many of your colleagues, the potential for an age discrimination suit may have them keeping a close eye on you. Good luck with staying low, maybe they will back off by playoff time.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The internet police are out in force at my 9-5. I Ain't given nobody no excuses, they are just begging for a reason to can people right now.

and evening is just one car trip after another...chsing one kid here and the other there. (sigh).

So, it's no offense to y'all...I'm just layin' low (if ya even noticed)

oh and believe it or not...I gave up watching basketball for Lent. My wife hasn't stopped grinning since I told her.
    I'm SOOO glad I got out of there. I was wondering where you ran off to though.

See what happens when you choose the warm sweet embrace of The Man over a life of wreckless abandon.

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    See what happens when you choose the warm sweet embrace of The Man over a life of wreckless abandon.
    I prefer to call it "grabbing your ankles" instead of that "warm, sweet embrace".

Besides, after 40 years of this ...nah, nevermind.
    I feel for ya Geez. I hit the bricks about 4 years ago and never looked back. Just sick and tired of "You asked for it. You got it. Bend over."

Mood

So, where do ya find a job that makes up the dif between pension and current salary? The wife 'bout lit the sky when I mentioned the 30 year payout of the 401K possibility. TOUCH THE PRINCIPLE?!?!?!?!?! She ain't buying it (and that ain't even touching the IRA...course it don't make up all the dif either).

As for age discrimination...nah, they can document anything they wanna and make it look real bad for ya. HD....need someone to carry a mic or a batterypack for ya?

I am def on the prowl...I'd love to try Real Estate...always wanted to, but figger the market is gonna go south again if the job market doesn't improve.

GAMBLE...no talking to family.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not on so much anymore these days either. I think it's because the computer is on the other side of the room, and usually when I think of it I'm already sitting down.

I feel your pain Geeze, I got reprimanded last week for slow performance, my boss three years my jr and worked here for 5 months longer then me kindly called me to her office and advised me my work performance was slipping and my internet was out of control among reasons.....

Like you say, they can document anything they want, lucky for me it was more a power trip then a concern so back to my online family I go..

Take it easy and good luck with the Real Estate bid... when I win my next million on powerball I’ll look you up..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

I also won't be posting as much either do to the lack of internet around here nowadays.

PD ADDICT - Computer with internet =

Mood

This whole situation has me in a real funk. I haven't even read Pecks columns yet...and really don't care.

Geez, I'm starting to wonder how your coronaries are?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Mood

My coronaries are (were) just fine...Well actually, I've never had a coronary so it's kinda hard to tell.

I started Real Estate class last week after talking with an acquaintance of mine. He owns a southside realty company. I have a job the day a get my license. He'sbeen after me for 20 years to make the move and when I told him I was going to class he said he'd have my office ready when I got my license (hhmmmm If I'm that good maybe I'd better look around and see what other agency might wanna sweeten the deal!)

BTW Doc....I saw an OrthoSurgeon at Community North Friday. His comment wsa nothing more could be done for my feet until I have major reconstructive surgery and that would take up to a year for complete recovery. His claim that my feet are just so flat that the bunion suregery never had a chance to heal properly. And now some major bones (2nd metas?) are seperating and will someday need attention. But if they were his feet he'd just live with it for the next 10 years or so. HE wants to start at the ankle bone (where the purtuberance is) and work his way forward from there...reallingning some and fuseing others.
    I was not too happy when I left there...not mad....bummed.

Understood. Will say some prayers for your job and feet. For flat feet, check out shoe inserts - some people really do well with them. We've got a shop here in Lexington that is a great place that sells all kinds of running equipment and they specialize in things like shoe inserts, etc.

Anyways hope the class is going well.

As far as the coronaries, well those are the arteries (blood vessels) that supply blood to the muscle in your heart. So you do have coronaries. And given the fact that you've got DM, you do have disease in your coronaries. You just didn't know it.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Gamble

So, where do ya find a job that makes up the dif between pension and current salary? The wife 'bout lit the sky when I mentioned the 30 year payout of the 401K possibility. TOUCH THE PRINCIPLE?!?!?!?!?! She ain't buying it (and that ain't even touching the IRA...course it don't make up all the dif either).

As for age discrimination...nah, they can document anything they wanna and make it look real bad for ya. HD....need someone to carry a mic or a batterypack for ya?

I am def on the prowl...I'd love to try Real Estate...always wanted to, but figger the market is gonna go south again if the job market doesn't improve.

GAMBLE...no talking to family.
    You know I don't run my mouth to the family... Sorry the wife isn't
    going for it but you knew full well that she wouldn't. In anycase
    your feet thing is depressing me. My goodness I might call you
    Rick Smits.

Look on the bright side atleast you don't have it as bad as my
    brother.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    You know I don't run my mouth to the family... Sorry the wife isn't
    going for it but you knew full well that she wouldn't. In anycase
    your feet thing is depressing me. My goodness I might call you
    Rick Smits.

Look on the bright side atleast you don't have it as bad as my
    brother.

I know ya don't bro....it was a lame attempt at humor.
    The wife DID go for the Real Estate thing tho so that is good. Her comment was that her dad (you know him) quit his job at 40 and went out on his own and sometimes ya just have to take a chance. SHe shocked the *****less out of me with that comment...totally unlike her.

Your brother???? Whazzup there????? You mean the geneticist at Stanford that has all those California babes climbing all over him?

Mood

Ya know...it's amazing how much calmer and easy-going I am without the heartache of losing in my life. Why, I'm even being productive at work.

Glance at paper.....Big Ten losing everything in Tourney...ho hum, nothing new there.
    Davis out as coach...interesting, lemme know when they hire a coach.
    Pacers lose again.. darn, yawn.
    High School bball...hmmm, they still haven't brought back single class basketball? Dorks.
    Pacers lose again...Sarunas not playing, Cro hurt?....Gee seems like that was the headlines last month.
    Not reading MOST of the posts on here? .....LB is a dumbass...Fire Rick....Fire Donnie....Start Eddie Gill, bench JO.....Cro is worthless....HMMMM Now I KNOW I've read all that somewhere before.

Instead, I'm studying (now there is a FUN thing to do ) I'm having a drink with my wife and talking with the kids...Shocking to learn the Geezerette is as tall as her brother and has...nevermind.

I dunno, it's odd, but there IS a life away from basketball.

That's it. We don't need that type of thing in this forum, one more word like that and.....well you know what will happen.

Oh, you'll be back when the playoffs start and this team fills you with the false hope that we can win a championship.

Not reading MOST of the posts on here? .....LB is a dumbass...Fire Rick....Fire Donnie....Start Eddie Gill, bench JO.....Cro is worthless....HMMMM Now I KNOW I've read all that somewhere before.
    Sorry to hear about your feet Geezer!

I've never read all the posts on here, but I've even cut way back on those I do read. What's more if I start reading a thread and it goes in a direction I don't like I just quit reading. That I never did before.

EDIT; Deleted the rest.