Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread : Pacers @ Sixers - Action Jackson comes through

Default Post Game Thread : Pacers @ Sixers - Action Jackson comes through

BIG WIN - On the road at that. Man I knew Jack was going to get the ball I didnt know he would actually drive to the basket when he got it. I'm happy as hell that he did that, cause I actually thought he would stop and shoot a jumper. Wasnt preaty but we won so who cares. GO PACERS

Default Re: Post Game Thread : Pacers @ Sixers - Action Jackson comes through

We finally beat the Sixers!!! Huge win standing wise also!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I never hear Bill Walton and the ABC Iverson-jockey crew again, it will be too damn soon.

Great win.

Third line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BIG WIN - On the road at that. Man I knew Jack was going to get the ball I didnt know he would actually drive to the basket when he got it. I'm happy as hell that he did that, cause I actually thought he would stop and shoot a jumper. Wasnt preaty but we won so who cares. GO PACERS
    he was 5-20 for a game. Chances of hitting anything but a layup or a dunk were slim to none (probably none)
    Vulpes pilum mutat, non mores!

Anybody else think that the ABC announcing team is absolutly horrible? They spent way too much time yacking about AI and the Olympic team than calling the game at one stretch.

Great win by the way.

edit: I didn't see but Shade has my thoughts on the ABC team.

They (ABC announcers) didn't even talk about the game! They mostly talked about Kobe, MVP, Olympic team, but rarely anything about the game.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    They (ABC announcers) didn't even talk about the game! They mostly talked about Kobe, MVP, Olympic team, but rarely anything about the game.
    Every 5 seconds, they'd be laughing about something or we'd be watching A.I. talk about the Olympic team.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Bill Walton sounds a LOT better with the sound turned off. Also you'll "see" more of the game because you're not distracted by his drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    Thats why they suck! Then again we are spoiled with quality announcers throughout Indiana who call the game rather then trying to be bigger then the game. I must mention Hulk had another good game.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

This might be the first time that Carlisle has outcoached someone in the final seconds of a close game.

Im not sure if having Jax drive to the hole was how that last play was drawn up, but it was a hell of a lot better than the usual iso-and-forced-shot that RC usually runs in close games.

And Maruice Cheek totally blew the last possession with whatever garbage play that he was trying to run. Having AI inbound with 2.9 secs??? I would not have been surprised if AI had won that game if he would have been on the recieving end of the inbound.

Hulk had a very nice game. 13 points from 5/5 shooting.

Fred didnt' have too good of a game. he was 4-13 but had 9 points.

I wanted to comment on the great defense we played there on the last possession (although it was helped by an ill-advised play call). The Pacers knew exactly what Philly wanted to do, and they left Webber no chance to get the ball back to Iverson. Then they forced him back into a shot way out of his range. Good job guys.

IndyToad
    Picks it off

Bill Walton should get fired

18to88

He never will though.

I was also expecting jack to stop and jack that shot up from the corner! when he drove I was like omg the lanes wide open! then it went in i screamed YESSSS!
    HUGE WIN! just gotta stay above water right now!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

AJ did a great, GREAT job denying Iverson the ball in the last 2.9 seconds. I was so glad to see Webb rise up for a three.

AJ was the star of the game, he and Harrison

We should try something like that as our go to end of game play, since ISO's aren't working, even when it's not an inbounds.

Maybe a pick and roll for AJ, then the picker sets consecutive curl picks for Jackson (goes to the bucket) and Peja pops for the three. Give our three best scorers a chance rather than just iso's.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    AJ did a great, GREAT job denying Iverson the ball in the last 2.9 seconds. I was so glad to see Webb rise up for a three.

AJ was the star of the game, he and Harrison
    And I agree, AJ's defense was clutch, although that play was horrible and everyone knew what they were trying to do.

I'm ready for Stephen Jackson to play for another team. Yeah he had the winning bucket, but only because Philly fell asleep on D and had TWO players turn their backs on him while a third player decided to chase him rather than go the other way to force a jumpshot. Beyond that, he is detrimental to the team. I know his stats look good, but I am sick of him pounding the ball, bricking jumpers, and not getting back on D to scream a ref.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I'm ready for Stephen Jackson to play for another team. Yeah he had the winning bucket, but only because Philly fell asleep on D and had TWO players turn their backs on him while a third player decided to chase him rather than go the other way to force a jumpshot. Beyond that, he is detrimental to the team. I know his stats look good, but I am sick of him pounding the ball, bricking jumpers, and not getting back on D to scream a ref.

I agree with you. Jax was horrible today and the Pacers were bad also, luckily the Sixers were just a little worse. I think this is the worst the Pacers have played this whole season, at least in a win

Bad game for Jack, but the last bucket made up for it. Nobody has mentioned this yet, but Harrison had two absolutely clutch free throws toward the end, and I was sitting there expecting him to miss both.

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

Amen brother. AMEN.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Snart
    Bad game for Jack, but the last bucket made up for it. Nobody has mentioned this yet, but Harrison had two absolutely clutch free throws toward the end, and I was sitting there expecting him to miss both.

True, but that was about a minute after he missed 3 of 4. DH was a huge factor in the game today

I'm ready for Stephen Jackson to play for another team.
    I used to agree with that, but I haven't felt that way about him for about a month now. I realize he barks at the refs a bit, I realize he's streaky, but don't discount the fact that he does make big plays. He didn't really get in a good rhythm tonight shooting the ball either, but how many assists did he have?...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR
    This might be the first time that Carlisle has outcoached someone in the final seconds of a close game.

Im not sure if having Jax drive to the hole was how that last play was drawn up, but it was a hell of a lot better than the usual iso-and-forced-shot that RC usually runs in close games.

And Maruice Cheek totally blew the last possession with whatever garbage play that he was trying to run. Having AI inbound with 2.9 secs??? I would not have been surprised if AI had won that game if he would have been on the recieving end of the inbound.
    aj said last play was iso again, him on the top.
    but saras did nice job.