Thread: Would you like a DANCING REGGIE PAPER PUPPET for his ceremony? (It's made in JAPAN)

Exclamation Would you like a DANCING REGGIE PAPER PUPPET for his ceremony? (It's made in JAPAN)

***Dear Administrators***
    I'm not sure if the following message is categorized as advertising. I hope it's not, but if it is, please remove or transfer this post.

Hello from Pacerland in the Far East!
    I am a longtime lurker from Japan, and I am so slow at reading/writing English, I'd remained being lurker until today. I really love this forum, enjoing your Pacer talk every day.

I am a Pacer fan since 1994 Playoff series against NY, and so is one of my friend. She has her own NBA site, and I am sure there are some posters here who know and love her site. She is very good at drawing portraits of NBA players and cartoons about NBA. Because of her comical portraits and cartoons, her site is very popular not only among Japanese NBA fan but also many foreign people.

Now, I am writing this post in behalf of her. Here is her message to ask for your cooperation.
    LINK: http://www.geocities.jp/sumiko_playg...etirement.html

This coming March 30, the Pacers will hold the ceremony for Reggie by retiring his number.

So I made a lot of paper puppets like this for Reggie.

I really want to watch the ceremony and raise these paper puppets there.

But I can't go to Indiana....

I don't have enough money and time to go abroad....

Please take them to Conseco Fieldhouse for me!!

One of my friends will take these puppets to Indiana. You can get the puppets from her.

Of course they are all free!!

I won't make any money with them. I just want to do something special for Reggie.

If you raise them up, you will stand out, so I might be able to see my puppets on TV in Japan!

It would be nice!

If you want "Dancing Reggie Paper Puppet"

Mail me!!

acers_victory+takamizawa.com">pacers_victory+takamizawa.com

Avoiding spam mails, exchange [+] to [@]

Well, "One of my friends", whom she mentioned, is me. I will be in Indy on March 30th for the Pacers game and Reggie's ceremony, and will deliver the puppets if you want.

Anyway, the puppet moves like...

Isn't that too cute??

If there are local fans who will watch the game and the ceremony and is interested in having this puppet, I and my friend Sumiko want to know how many are they in advance. If you would like to have the puppet, please reply this post telling me so (sending E-mail to Sumiko directly is also OK).

Later I will tell you how I will hand you the puppet (I guess I will do before the game in the entrance hall of Conseco or inside the arena, but I am not sure now. I think it depends on how many puppets I should bring).

Registration closing date is March 17th (Indiana time).

Thank you for reading. I am not a native English speaker (and writer) of course, so if you have problem to understand something in above message, please ask me a question (or please correct me ).
    I hope I will meet some of you on the day of the ceremony and hope you like my friend's Reggie puppet!

P.S.
    And, I hope Mr. Mark Boyle will notice this post. I am a big fan of Mark and Slick since 1997 when I stayed in Indy for a few months to study English. I still enjoy your broadcasting, Mark, on NBA Audio League Pass. If you are interested in our Reggie puppet, it would be great pleasure for me to deliver them for you and Slick!

Default Re: Would you like a DANCING REGGIE PAPER PUPPET for his ceremony? (It's made in JAPAN)

Great idea, hope you are able to execute it. Craig Sager will probably feature you on TNT also.

Us out of towners who do not have the luxury of attending that game would also like to atleast hold them puppets in front of TV during the cermony or just have them for keeps. Please put it up on your website for sale or something.

Default Re: Would you like a DANCING REGGIE PAPER PUPPET for his ceremony? (It's made in JAPAN)

I'll let this stay for a while, then probably move it to another board.

18to88

Are you really a Buddhist Hicks?

Sumiko

Thank you for allowing us to talk about my puppets.
    And thank you for your help, R-R.

Hello from Japan!
    I've been a big fan of Reggie and the Pacers since I watched the "Miller Time" in 1994. I was so depressed about Reggie's retirement, but he gave me a lot of memories. I really appreciate Reggie. So I'd like to do something special for his ceremony enen though I can't attend.

R-R took the puppet to Conseco Fieldhouse last year. When she showed it, a lot of fans asked her to give it to them. But she had only one puppet. So I decided to make a lot of puppets.

I hope some of you would like to have my puppet.

Thank you, Hicks, for your gentle heart.

pacerwaala, you like to have the puppet? I think Sumiko can arrange for you... (Can't you, Sumiko?)

Sumiko

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great idea, hope you are able to execute it. Craig Sager will probably feature you on TNT also.

Us out of towners who do not have the luxury of attending that game would also like to atleast hold them puppets in front of TV during the cermony or just have them for keeps. Please put it up on your website for sale or something.
    I'm glad that you like my puppet!!

Yeah! I can send you my puppet. But shipping costs are expensive. Maybe around $30...
    Anyway if you want my puppet, mail me!