Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Official" Pacers vs Wizards post-game thread

Default The "Official" Pacers vs Wizards post-game thread

I only have a minute, so I have to keep it brief.

I'm very surprised the Pacers won tonight. When I heard AJ wasn't going to play, when I saw DH go down with an ankle injury, when I saw Peja having an off night shooting, I thought the Pacers would lose by double digits.

But Jax probably played his best game of the season, not just his shooting or scoring but he was very active.

Jeff played his usual game, getting tons of rebounds, but Harrison was the key, his play early in the 4th quarter gave the Pacers the lift they needed. So glad I never gave up on him.

I still can't believe the Pacers won.

Default Re: The "Official" Pacers vs Wizards post-game thread

Sarunas was great tonight, and Jack, and of course HULK playing hurt and being active after their bigs were killing us early.

There was every opportunity to just roll over and say "too much, too injured, on the road, who can guard Arenas and Jamison, Peja's off, Freddie's not on either..."

best road win of the year I think
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Agreed. I thought things looked bleak. Even at the half having given up over 50 to an explosive offensive team. I was dreading the second half. Essentially, everyone who saw the floor contributed to the victory. I hope DH can continue to build on this. What did they tell him while he was suspended? And how about how we just seized control down the stretch? Props to Saras, too.

I thought we had no chance too, and it would be one of those games where we were always 3-8 points behind, but could never get over the hump.

I'm very impressed that we've won, especially against the Wizards at home. Down the stretch we executed when it mattered.

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

Always enjoy your insights, UB, but does anyone know what the hell happened to Peck?

Runi with 39 minutes (has he ever played this many minutes in a game? College and international games are only 40 min), 14 pts, 11 assists, 2 turnovers.

Not bad...

DH was amazing down the stretch along with saras. if DH can keep his head straight he's going to be a special player. a guy with his size, athletic ability, and soft touch is rare.

anyone else cringe everytime rick gave saras a breather? eddie gill was mud. how is this guy in the NBA???

ghost

Finally a decent game by Runi. Out-manned, out-reffed and on the road - that just a right recipe for him. I just hope that this game will help bring his shooting touch back.
    Impressive and very useful win.

watching Eddie Gill stink it up in the first half, I was ready to throw the remote control if Saras had NOT played 39 minutes!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    watching Eddie Gill stink it up in the first half, I was ready to throw the remote control if Saras had NOT played 39 minutes!
    There' s a reason he's our 12th man, he's just a warm body. Physically fit, but still a warm body.

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

Eddie Gill can really shoot the ball. Can't hit anything, but he can really shoot it.

Sarunas was very good tonight but David Harrison was the reason we won the game. His blocks were great. That guy is a beast. Some of his picks were like hitting a brick wall. literally.

Jackson was hot and Saras set him up nicely. Fred couldn't hit his shot but DH was there for rebounds.

I really enjoyed tonights game. finally.

There was a play in the 4th where Runi passed it across court to Freddie who then dished it to Jackson who then drained the three (or something like that). But I liked how Jackson high-fived everyone. You can tell these guys really enjoy playing with one another. Hulk's follow-up of Freddie's missed shot to seal the win could be a defining moment for him.

In Gill's defense, he did work his butt off and actually played decent defense while he was on the court.

He was left with many wide-open shots, most (all?) of which he missed, which, of course, explains why he got so many wide-open shots.

In short, he put forth a lot of effort but tried way too hard to impress on offense.

He actually stopped looking for his shot in the 3rd and played better.

I watched the fourth and a little before it, and David was just chewing up Wizards and spittin' em out the whole time.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    There was a play in the 4th where Runi passed it across court to Freddie who then dished it to Jackson who then drained the three (or something like that). But I liked how Jackson high-fived everyone. You can tell these guys really enjoy playing with one another. Hulk's follow-up of Freddie's missed shot to seal the win could be a defining moment for him.
    I think it was Fred to Runi to Jax. I know Runi made the pass to Jax. It's on espn highlights. Great play. Got everybody fired up. I thought that was the key point of the game.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Bless Eddie Gill's heart. You can't question his effort.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free throw shooting that well for this team is huge...considering the way we shot free throws at the beginning of the season! It was a good win and now its time to overthrow the Cavs for the 4th spot.
    I was ready for Josh Smith to go to Indiana, but he went to the NBA. I am ready for him to come to Indiana once again.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    Always enjoy your insights, UB, but does anyone know what the hell happened to Peck?
    He's posting every once in a while. Just hasn't started any in a while.

Gill's shot has been hurting all year. He used to be a decent shooter. That said, he only took one bad shot, a Jackson-esque pullup early in the shot clock. Every other shot he took was in the flow of the offense, most of them on passouts. And he worked his *** off on D. Arenas didn't get shots on him, like with Cabbage and Freddie.

Cabbage played very well tonight. That's a tough position, playing with guys you're not used to playing with. He made some stupid mistakes early, but settled down. I think having Fred in there gave him more of a comfort zone.

Since Peck's MIA, I'll give Harrison the "real man" award for tonight. Nice job.

I've got to say, this year has certainly proven to me that that "Eddie Jordan was the brains behind the Nets" was total bull. Byron has not only proven this year that he's a quality coach, but Jordan has called two very poor games against us. Very poor. There's no reason they should have lost this game. I know he's got some idiot players, but good god man.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

We had several players that played well, but the reason we won was going 26for 26 at the line. We only hit all our free throws about once every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    We had several players that played well, but the reason we won was going 26for 26 at the line. We only hit all our free throws about once every other year.
    That's pretty amazing, considering Hulk and his 30 % road FT rating shot at least 4 fts....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I hate on Sarunas alot but tonight he played real well judging by the stats.

Big win by the Pacers and my school who is going to the City Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I hope Runi didnt break his ankles, damn he got crossed up bad in the first.
    He is what he is. I'll say one thing, though. If anyone who saw Cabbage's D followed by Gill's D tries to argue that Cabbage is an adequate defender, you just go ahead and slap that Billy Madison quote right on their ***.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

In fairness to Eddie Gill, as little action as he sees no wonder he can't hit anything. The Wiz played off him so I guess he had to shoot, but Eddie's approach tonight reminded me of Tinsley in his bleakest days a few years ago.

This was absolutely a wonderful win. A statement game and gut check and our guys passed with flying colors. Props all-around.