Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 65 of 65

Thread: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

  1. #51
    Tim
    Guest

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Saras' back injury that is RARELY talked about is affecting his play a lot. The first ten games or so as a Pacer, he was living up to the hype and that was before he was even acclimated to his surroundings.

    Now I don't have much confidence in his shot and I think his injuries and how he is not used to the rigorous NBA schedule have worn on him. I still feel like Saras will impress a lot of people his 2nd year, something he hasn't done a lot of yet.

    I think Saras will reach his peak in his third year, then get a contract he doesn't deserve from a lower tier team. But i like our chances. I still think signing Saras was a good move, better than picking up Dale Davis thats for sure.

    Keeping Stojakovic really needs to be our number one priority over EVERYTHING. If we lose Stojakovic....well I don't even want to think about that.

    Regardless, I think Saras struggles recently are relative and I don't think it's fair to evaluate him based on that. Remember the Saras when he first came here, his shot was AUTOMATIC. He will get that back...maybe not this year. Expect a different player next year is all i'm saying.
    If we lose Peja, so what we have Danger. Given an off summer where he will have a better understanding of the team's playbook we will be our next Al Harrington, do not trade him .

  2. #52
    fifo
    Guest

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, this is exactly what I'm talking about regarding many of Saras' supporters.
    I don't like these generalizations (even if they are true)

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I'm OK with Saras saying he'd like more playing time, I really can't believe the fans who think that if he isn't getting more consistent at 20 minutes a game he'll somehow suddenly start to shine at 30 or 40 or because he starts instead of coming off the bench. That's blindness to the realities of the game.
    This is not about number of minutes. This is about a point guard getting coach's trust, and legitimacy to make errors. Look what this has done for A.J lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Saras wanted the keys he should have gone to a team with no point guard rather than one that had the position covered. A team with options who hasn't written off the season for rebuilding is not going to decide to start rookies when other options are working for them, especially when spot minutes don't show a huge upside for making that kind of decision.
    Yep. He made a mistake. I think he took his chances with a competitive team, but Indy's locker room was a bad choice for him.

  3. #53
    Rytas_Jega
    Guest

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Now I don't have much confidence in his shot and I think his injuries and how he is not used to the rigorous NBA schedule have worn on him.
    Guess what Šaras doesn't like about European basketball?

    11 psychologically difficult months without any rest with 2 hard trainings a day.

    He said that during an interview to "Lietuvos Rytas TV" journalist at NBA All-Star weekend. It was shown 2-3 hours ago on TV3 (Lithuania).

  4. #54

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    This discussion is getting boring. Half of a season is more than enough.

    Maybe we can add a third SF (with ability to start) for a change?

  5. #55
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Personally I think our only glaring hole is no real killer instinct in the 4th quarter. We must be the only team in the NBA with this much playoff experience that yet struggles in the closing minutes.

  6. #56
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess AJ doesn't have trouble getting the ball up the court. Well I guess he doesn't if you don't care that it takes him the full 8 seconds when pressured leaving 14 seconds by the time they actually set up. Anyone remember BOSTON?
    I figured somebody would respond, so I left it. But nobody did.

    I do remember Boston. They bothered AJ, but they would have destroyed Sarunas.

    What's your point?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #57
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rytas_Jega
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess what Šaras doesn't like about European basketball?

    11 psychologically difficult months without any rest with 2 hard trainings a day.

    He said that during an interview to "Lietuvos Rytas TV" journalist at NBA All-Star weekend. It was shown 2-3 hours ago on TV3 (Lithuania).
    He's publicly said that the NBA schedule is hard to get used to, so I'm not sure what this is. He appears to be talking out both sides of his mouth.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. #58
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes! Yes! Lets trade Jermaine!

    Its him you are talking about, right?
    I'm not talking about the Great One, he never talks about his teammates like that and he is the team leader, Sarunas is a rookie and he talks about them all the damn time.

  9. #59
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's publicly said that the NBA schedule is hard to get used to, so I'm not sure what this is. He appears to be talking out both sides of his mouth.
    Also, is he implying that the Euro schedule is tougher than the NBA schedule? Because if anything, I could see an argument being made for Saras hitting the rookie wall.

  10. #60
    Lithfan
    Guest

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not talking about the Great One, he never talks about his teammates like that and he is the team leader, Sarunas is a rookie and he talks about them all the damn time.
    People just don't understand my sarcasm lately.

    All I'm saying is that your gREAT oNE has some drawbacks too. And a lot of people noticed team plays better without him. Not to mention his stupid comments. But lets not get into it.

    Lets make an agreement. You are not accusing my Great One for nothing and I'm leaving J.O. and his maniac alone

  11. #61
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys can laugh at me all you want but I have zero problem with Ed Gill.

    He is what he is & with a team like ours we need professionals who don't cause trouble, support the team & are ready whenever they are called on.

    In fact I'll go one better than that.

    If A.J. were the starter, Saras was not on the team & Tins were injured (in other words what we had last season) then I have no problem at all with Ed Gill being the backup with Freddy splitting time with him.

    Do I want Ed to start? No.

    Do I think he's a great player? No

    Do I even think he's a good player? Not really

    But he can get the ball up court, he can defend fairly well & he doesn't think he is more than he is.

    I think Ed Gill gets a bad rap on here.
    I felt the need to quote this. No comment necessary.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #62
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -snip-
    And a lot of people noticed team plays better without him.
    And a lot of people have noticed it is because of how Rick coaches when JO is healthy/ available and has nothing to do with JO. So if you're blaming JO for following his coach's gameplan (and unfortunately sometimes it is hard enough for us to interpret our fellow posters for which English is their first language) that's really, really misguided.

    Not to mention his stupid comments. But lets not get into it.
    What stupid comments? The racism ones... okay - he made himself look bad on those. His trash talking toward the Pistons - nothing really wrong with those although I would prefer he not say them, just beat them and point to the scoreboard. What else? JO and Croshere had a little tiff earlier in the season, but man, that lockerroom was one ****edup place, so that can be excused. You're right, there isn't really anything to get into. No wonder you don't want to get into it.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  13. #63
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    I think we'll need to address the PG position this year in the draft.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  14. #64
    Lithfan
    Guest

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And a lot of people have noticed it is because of how Rick coaches when JO is healthy/ available and has nothing to do with JO. So if you're blaming JO for following his coach's gameplan (and unfortunately sometimes it is hard enough for us to interpret our fellow posters for which English is their first language) that's really, really misguided.



    What stupid comments? The racism ones... okay - he made himself look bad on those. His trash talking toward the Pistons - nothing really wrong with those although I would prefer he not say them, just beat them and point to the scoreboard. What else? JO and Croshere had a little tiff earlier in the season, but man, that lockerroom was one ****edup place, so that can be excused. You're right, there isn't really anything to get into. No wonder you don't want to get into it.


    You are telling me things I didn't know

    Actually I was saying this only to make Jer-ac to stop trashing on Saras.

  15. #65
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,837

    Default Re: The Star} Who Is To Start At Point?

    Well, I think AJ should be the starter once JT gets back. Perhaps one of the other PGs eventually (re)claims the top spot based on their own play or AJ slumps. I think we all have to admit that Saras's play tonight against the Wiz was great. So maybe having all three of these guys isn't so bad after all. I don't know what happens down the road once everybody's back, but I don't like the idea of AJ, DG, JF, SP and DH seeing less PT based on their current play. Somebody will probably go down so maybe things will work themselves out. Complicated. I'll enjoy right now that all are playing together and contributing and we're winning and let the chips fall where they may.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •