Thread: Chauncey Billups interview on radio:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Chauncey Billups interview on radio:

Just head his interview on local radio:

- he made the point that it was their 6th game in 8 nights, on the road, and he was unable to run the offense, because nobody on his team had enough strength to really RUN. He also said the SA game the night before took a lot out of them physically. People were jogging all game instead of running hard.

-He made the admission that Indiana is the #1 team in the EAST, maybe the NBA, but he would LOVE to meet them in the playoffs.

-He said Ron Artest isnt overly concerning, but Jermaine Oneal is a big problem. He said JO is a legit MVP candidate.

Personally, I'd rather the Pistons kept the fatigue thing to themselves, but thats not saying I dont agree with him. There were a lot of instances where the starters just weren't playing with the effort that I'm used to seeing. That said, Its not Indiana's fault. I know Indiana was playing 4 in 5, but thats not as gruesome as 6 in 8, and they had the added bonus of being at home.

But hey, you can't say much about losing 3 games to 1 team. AT some point you have to look in the mirror and say you lost.

I realize nobody here wants to hear this, its just something to think about.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chauncey Billups interview on radio:

6 games in 8 nights is three-fourths, or 75% playing time.
    4 games in 5 nights is four-fifths, or 80% playing time.

The Pistons played:
    @ Chicago
    Toronto
    Washington
    @ Milwaukee
    San Antonio

3 home games, 2 against +.500 teams. 2 road games, 1 against a +.500 team.

The Pacers played:
    San Antonio
    @ New Jersey
    @ Atlanta

1 home game, against a +.500 team. 2 road games, 1 against a +.500 team.

So the Pistons played two extra home games, one against a sub-.500 team and one against a team barely above .500.

Sorry, Kstat, I just don't buy the fatigue thing. That's a lame excuse when you look at the comparisons.

I hardly think you can brign up the quality of opponents, since you missed the fact that the final 2 games before indiana were undoubtably the toughest.

No one is saying you're not the best team in the east. You won fair and square. But after watching them work themselves half to death over the last 2, its hard not to take Chauncey's word for it.

Put it this way: we'll know either way how big a factor fatigue was after Friday night. Thats just as hard a game as last night.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

We played a tough physical battle with the Spurs, only to turn around and beat the Nets on the road.

We played a tough physical battle with the Spurs, only to turn around and beat the Nets on the road.
    I did consider that. Maybe you guys are better conditioned, i dunno. I just think the cumulative effect of 6th game in 8 nights and the third straight really tough game took its effect.....

besides, On a scale of teams that pound you physically, Pacers>>>>>>>Nets.

As I said before the game last night, I wished both teams had two days off to prepare and rest up for the game, then we would have a better idea of where things stand. I know Pacer fans won't like to hear this, but last night's game was not representative of the Pistons team since Christmas.

The Pistons are better than they showed last night.

Maybe that's true, but it's all excuses to me. The situations could have been reversed, and all you'd hear about is how the Pistons are sitting pretty with 14 wins and the Pacers just aren't that good. I'm not giving them an inch.

Besides, it's not like we had been sitting in Indy waiting for them for days.

As I said before the game last night, I wished both teams had two days off to prepare and rest up for the game, then we would have a better idea of where things stand. I know Pacer fans won't like to hear this, but last night's game was not representative of the Pistons team since Christmas.

Buck,

That is a load of crap. When will people, such as yourself, who think they are Pacers fans start giving them credit. The Pacers made Detroit play that way. If they keep this up, there will be great things. Detroit wasn't off because they were tired. They were off because we made them off. Both teams had basically the same amount of rest. Wake up.

It surprises me how much you do not give the Pacers credit. Come on, have some fun. Support your team without saying 'yeah they won, but the other team wasn't playing THEIR game'. This is not a personal attack but for someone who is so respected here, it makes me sick that you have repeatedly this season made excuses for the other teams. They didn't have this, they didn't do that. Give the Pacers some credit. And I do not want them to rest on their laurels but give credit where credit is due. The players and coaches made Detroit play poorly. Lets keep doing this to our opponents.

Also, read the quotes after the games from the opposing coaches. They're either complaining that the Pacers were too physical and they couldn't play their game or they are complimenting them because they were physical and took them out of their game. The players and coaches with class say the Pacers took them out of their game because they are a good team. The classless players and coaches who complain that the Pacers just won't have what it takes to climb to the next level.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

That is a load of crap. When will people, such as yourself, who think they are Pacers fans start giving them credit. The Pacers made Detroit play that way. If they keep this up, there will be great things. Detroit wasn't off because they were tired. They were off because we made them off. Both teams had basically the same amount of rest. Wake up.

It surprises me how much you do not give the Pacers credit. Come on, have some fun. Support your team without saying 'yeah they won, but the other team wasn't playing THEIR game'. This is not a personal attack but for someone who is so respected here, it makes me sick that you have repeatedly this season made excuses for the other teams. They didn't have this, they didn't do that. Give the Pacers some credit. And I do not want them to rest on their laurels but give credit where credit is due. The players and coaches made Detroit play poorly. Lets keep doing this to our opponents.

Also, read the quotes after the games from the opposing coaches. They're either complaining that the Pacers were too physical and they couldn't play their game or they are complimenting them because they were physical and took them out of their game. The players and coaches with class say the Pacers took them out of their game because they are a good team. The classless players and coaches who complain that the Pacers just won't have what it takes to climb to the next level.

Where is Peck and Bball when I need them. In my post above and the thread I started after the game last night was simply pointing out that I did not think the Pistons played very well, they did not seem to have much energy.

But if you read my posts I have been gushing about the Pacers. I have given them all kinds of credit.

Most think I am the leader of the sunshine brigade.

What is wrong with me voicing my opinion and I'll say it again. The pistons were not very good last night, regardless of how well the pacers played, independently of how well the Pacers played. .

Where is Peck and Bball when I need them. In my post above and the thread I started after the game last night was simply pointing out that I did not think the Pistons played very well, they did not seem to have much energy.

But if you read my posts I have been gushing about the Pacers. I have given them all kinds of credit.

Most think I am the leader of the sunshine brigade.

What is wrong with me voicing my opinion and I'll say it again. The pistons were not very good last night, regardless of how well the pacers played, independently of how well the Pacers played. .
    Buck,

I think I owe you an apology. You were in the right place at the wrong time for me. I listened to talk radio today and heard the same BS. I stopped listening to 1260 and turned on WIBC and heard it there to. I wish people would give the Pacers credit for what they do on the court and not make excuses for the other team. Again, sorry. It just set me off and was the icing on the cake, so to speak. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, that's for sure. Truce?
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Bigmac, no apology necessary, no problem at all.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Billups and Hamilton must have been tired in the first 2 games we played them too, they shot just as bad.

You guys have a very good back court and they're probably going to blow up against us sometime, but so far we've had their number. The Pacers back court is ALOT better than last year and better than it's being given credit for this year.

If we meet in the playoffs it'll be a war, no doubt.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

The style the Pacers play make alot of teams look bad,sometimes themselfs included. I'm not sure what the debate is about, the Pacers outplayed the Pistons and won the game, thats all there is to it. The Pistons are a good team, second best in the east but the Pacers are just better this year to me thats not hard to see.

I just dont buy the tired thing at all. If you looked at it that way then you would have to say that the Pacers are more than 3 1/2 games better than the Pistons cuz we played more games and more back to backs,so we got a 3 1/2 game lead being more tired than them. Sounds kinda dumb huh?

Pacers 3 Pistons 0
    End of story.

Well I agree with Kstat that its tough to play 6 games in 8 nights. Plus if you win 13 in a row, you are probably due for a bad game anyway.

But let me offer this as a devil's advocate:

Pacers played a tough emotional game against the Spurs and then went on the road the next night to play against a tough conference rival (the Nets) and found a way to grind out a tough victory.

Detroit played against the Spurs one night and then went on the road to play the Pacers the next night but lost.

But we all know that it doesn't matter what happens in January, it matters in May and June.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

After going 3-0 against the Conf. leaders, I have a feeling Larry Brown is talking to Joe Dumars just a whole lot right now, trying to work out something to strengthen the club for a run at the leaders.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I know Pacer fans won't like to hear this, but last night's game was not representative of the Pistons team since Christmas.

This is the verbal equivalent of Tayshaun Prince helping up JO. Pacers fans are aghast.

------------------------------
    INDIANAPOLIS — You knew things were different in this rivalry Tuesday night when you saw the Pistons’ Tayshaun Prince help the Pacers’ Jermaine O’Neal up off the floor.

Even players on the Pistons bench were aghast.

If the Pacers’ 81-69 rout of the Pistons showed little else, it showed the Pistons have lost the edge they once had over the Pacers.
    -----------------------------

I refuse to give up that edge. The Pacers pounded the Pistons and they would've pounded them if everyone was rested. No quarter asked, none given...... istons:
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

This is the verbal equivalent of Tayshaun Prince helping up JO. Pacers fans are aghast.

Even players on the Pistons bench were aghast.
    That is just about as dumb as you can get. It's good sportsmanship to help your opponent up.

Besides, that way you can knock them down again!