Thread: Walsh says} JO for Bosh not discussed.

Default Walsh says} JO for Bosh not discussed.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS04/602220427

Trade deadline looming

Barring a last-minute surprise, the Pacers won't make a trade before Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline.

"I don't anticipate us doing anything," Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said. "Through the stuff with Ronnie (Artest), we talked to a lot of people so there could be something that comes up late, but I'm not looking at it that way."

Walsh dismissed media reports that Toronto rejected a deal to trade Chris Bosh for Jermaine O'Neal, saying no such deal was discussed.

"There's absolutely no truth in that. It's way off," Walsh said. "We've had no conversations with Toronto."

Walsh said he likes the way the team is playing and is interested in seeing how they come together when Croshere, O'Neal (groin) and Jamaal Tinsley (elbow) return from injuries.

"Peja (Stojakovic) is a great addition to our team and it gives us an opportunity when we get our injured players back to look and see where we are," Walsh said. "From what I see, I think we can be a pretty good team going down to the end of this year and then we'll look at it and see what we have to do."

Default Re: Walsh says} JO for Bosh not discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Trade deadline looming

Barring a last-minute surprise, the Pacers won't make a trade before Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline.

"I don't anticipate us doing anything," Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said. "Through the stuff with Ronnie (Artest), we talked to a lot of people so there could be something that comes up late, but I'm not looking at it that way."

Walsh dismissed media reports that Toronto rejected a deal to trade Chris Bosh for Jermaine O'Neal, saying no such deal was discussed.

"There's absolutely no truth in that. It's way off," Walsh said. "We've had no conversations with Toronto."

Walsh said he likes the way the team is playing and is interested in seeing how they come together when Croshere, O'Neal (groin) and Jamaal Tinsley (elbow) return from injuries.

"Peja (Stojakovic) is a great addition to our team and it gives us an opportunity when we get our injured players back to look and see where we are," Walsh said. "From what I see, I think we can be a pretty good team going down to the end of this year and then we'll look at it and see what we have to do."
    Exactly! Why do a trade when we haven't even seen our team yet? Like I said before, we should only be open to no-brainer trades...nothing else. Personally, I think J.O. will fit in just fine.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen

Trade deadline looming

This proves nothing...unfortunately.

Walsh and the Pacers have a long history of deflection and denial about potential trades.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

mods: Time to change the title of the other thread on this to "Bogus full-of-crap rumor from RATS"

I never take what Walsh says as absolute truth.

Its the truth

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    Exactly! Why do a trade when we haven't even seen our team yet? Like I said before, we should only be open to no-brainer trades...nothing else. Personally, I think J.O. will fit in just fine.
    We have a team.

JO isn't playing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    What would be a no-brainer trade?

I'd personally consider JO/Tins for KG to be a no-brainer.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What else do you expect Walsh to say...I'm sure readily admitting that you are shopping your franchise player does wonders for your lockeroom.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

You don't trade JO for Bosh. It's an unfair trade for the Pacers. If always build for the future you have no present.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sox
    You don't trade JO for Bosh. It's an unfair trade for the Pacers. If always build for the future you have no present.

Maybe if you trade JO for a player like Darko, but that's not the case when you get back another All-Star, who's putting equal or better numbers in less minutes a game (and less shots).
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Thank you for those of you using logic.

I am open to the face that this wasnt offered, but I dont buy it.

What do you expect DW to say

"Well, you know, I was chillin in the cut and I got a little tipsy so I decided to get our for a ride in my new Mustang and call the Raptors, and they was all like "naw son, I dont want that JO cat", then I was all like "**** homie, dont fake on me"

The man isnt going to admit to shopping him, but for I think all of you in hard core denial mode can calm down for a while. I dont think anyone will take JO right now, with his current injury. They will at least wait to see him come back from this and make sure he can take care of business again.
    Get the holy water. He's speaking in tongues again.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    We have a team.

JO isn't playing on it.
    No wai!!!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sox
    It's not unfair, not only are we getting a good young player we are clearing salary cap for the future.

Trades for high salaried injured players will never work. Too much insurance money involved. Most insurance company underwriters are in Europe and the Middle East and when the kind of money is involved that we are talking about, these underwriters don't care who JO is, hell they don't even know who he is. They just know he's injured. And then they say, "sorry Raptors, trade at your own risk. If he stays injured or gets reinjured, we won't be willing to pick up the tab no matter how much you pay us to carry a policy on him". And then the Raptors say, "ok, self, do we have 80 million dollars to pay this man?" And then they respond to themselves "NO." Trade over.

However, at this point in the world, before the trade ever comes up, the Raptors have already had a conversation with themselves, and the P's know that the Raptors know that they can't pick up JO without being insured, so the trade never comes up.

Understand?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This proves nothing...unfortunately.

Walsh and the Pacers have a long history of deflection and denial about potential trades.
    What do you consider something DD? I mean, there was no official trade made with JO, and there was no discussion of a JO trade by anyone in the Pacers Front Office including Donnie, so what more should be expected?

Any discussion of sending JO somewhere else has the potential of affecting JO's mindset with this team, so Donnie was classy for coming out and squashing this trade rumor. If he didn't care about JO's future with this team he could have kept silent.

I appreciate Donnie putting this rumor to rest and I am just fine taking his word for it!

Avoid a career in business, if at all possible.

By the way, I have a horse I'd like to sell you.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman