Thread: anybody have experience with Napster to Go?

Default anybody have experience with Napster to Go?

I'm a music file downloading neophyte. A virgin. I have never downloaded anything.

Lately I subscribed to DSL service and a promotion allowed me to get a free MP3 player and a 3 month free subscription to Napster to Go.

The MP3 player arrived last week and I gave it to my wife. Last night I downloaded the napster software, set up the account, and tried to download songs.

I search for a half dozen artists, and every song on every album that I tried to download, I got a message saying that I had to buy this track for $ 0.99

I thought the whole purpose behind this service was to pay a monthly subscription fee and then get the song for no additional charge.

What gives?

Am I doing something wrong? Should I use another file sharing service to fill my wife's MP3 player with her favorite songs?

Default Re: anybody have experience with Napster to Go?

Im a Napster to Go user. I found that majority of the songs are free to transfer, but their are a few artists with exclusive deals with other vendors that prevent them from being free on Napster. Also make sure you have the true "TO GO" account, they have a thinner version where you do have to pay for all the songs. the To Go service costs 15 bucks a month. I have over 1000 songs on my MP3 and have maybe actually paid for 10 songs out of that 1000. Hope this helps...
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men