Thread: Fantasy Basketball -- keeper league...

Default Fantasy Basketball -- keeper league...

In the past I'll posted available spots in our league, which yielded one owner. Starting early this year as I think we may be starting a new keeper league, or certainly will be looking for at least two owners.

Currently have a 10 team league and would like to get it to 12. This league is 16 years old, but we have a couple of owners who want something a little less complex now.

It is a money league, but if we do start anew that figure is likely to change for the cheaper. We have a great set of rules and are introducing a contract system (not an auction league, just a way to ensure more player movement).

Let me know if you're interested. You can send a private message to me.

Enjoy!

Sports Logo

Default Re: Fantasy Basketball -- keeper league...

What's the cost?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

where is the league, what site... more info for the posters would be good

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

I'm sorry. The league is based out of Indianapolis. The fee now is $200 per year, and that is as high as it will go. We may reduce it.

We will have two openings for sure and maybe three. If we expand, there is a very aggressive talent redistribution process set up.

Could someone explain me in a sentence or two what are "keeper leagues"? Are those some internet-based games, gambling related games or what? I keep hearing of them, but never in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissExpress
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could someone explain me in a sentence or two what are "keeper leagues"? Are those some internet-based games, gambling related games or what? I keep hearing of them, but never in Europe.
    Ok I can not vouch for this League Specifically but in most cases.

A Keeper League consists of a mostly static team with a few changes.
    For intance you may be give the Suns team which would be comprised of the
    current Suns team and then you can draft a few extra player be it rookies for that year or left over players from other teams etc... that's usually the basic outline...

Actually that is a Dynasty team.. edit

A keeper league is usually one that stays mostly the same from year to year but has players from every team just like a regular Fantasy team, expect the team continues from year to year and you are allowed to keep a certain amount of players from that team .

Why Not Us ?

Thank you.

In our case, we have 10 purely fantasy teams. We protect a portion of our roster each year. We have a rookie draft (with lottery), a summer free agent draft, and a fall free agent draft.

We are instituting a contract system to enhance player movement, or to make it more systematic. We have had two teams finish 1st or 2nd each of the last six years. I'm one of those two teams. We have two teams that are clamoring for change, since their teams have dropped way down in the standings the last few years, and I'm all for change (even redistributing some of the talent), if we make other changes to go with it, like this contract system.

We're wanting to make it more like the old school Rotisserie style baseball league only without auction prices and such. Our rules will involve expiring contracts and franchise players.

bump

b