Thread: Follow up to my "lost wallet/Reggie ceremony" post

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Exclamation Follow up to my "lost wallet/Reggie ceremony" post

For a refresher, or if you have not read it,

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18145

After exhausting every option I had available to me, the tickets finally had to go on E-Bay Today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6606271550

I sent an email to Conrad Brunner of pacers.com, and also to someone who was listed as a head of marketing dept for pacers public relations or some such. It went unacknowledged or answered, so I am left with no recourse but to have to sell the tickets.

Feel free to check out the auction, I am just praying that they even sell... selling them for anything less than what we have listed and we are losing money basically and wont be able to recoup from the financial setbacks we've had the last month or two.

I wish I had the emotional power to post more on how I feel about all this right now, but I am just really down and don't feel up to commenting any further than these straight facts.

Thanks again for everyones efforts to help and support.

-Tyler
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Follow up to my "lost wallet/Reggie ceremony" post

Sorry man...

Just remember, it is just a basketball game though. I know that doesn't help, but its the best I can do.
    All in for DG33

Do we really know exactly how much money is needed for this kid to keep the tickets and actually make it to Indiana?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'd be willing to pony up a few bucks to help the project out.

Not trying to instill false hope, but it is obvious he has the tickets and from his ramblings, I would surmise pretty easily that he speaks the truth about his love of the Pacers and Reggie.

I don't have the time right now to go back through the original thread, but have you tried selling stuff? I would rather not have an xbox, or something like that, than miss this game! If it has been covered, sorry....

I know alot of us paid money to buy the domain for reggiemiller.com....maybe another tribute to Reggie could be arranged??

Anybody else got a thought on this subject?

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, this sucks dude. Big time. If I wasn't an 18 year old kid I'd offer my house out to you. I'm real sorry. Maybe our man Mark Boyle can do something about it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sorry about what happend to you and your girl. That sucks real bad dude.

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we really know exactly how much money is needed for this kid to keep the tickets and actually make it to Indiana?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'd be willing to pony up a few bucks to help the project out.

Not trying to instill false hope, but it is obvious he has the tickets and from his ramblings, I would surmise pretty easily that he speaks the truth about his love of the Pacers and Reggie.

I don't have the time right now to go back through the original thread, but have you tried selling stuff? I would rather not have an xbox, or something like that, than miss this game! If it has been covered, sorry....

I know alot of us paid money to buy the domain for reggiemiller.com....maybe another tribute to Reggie could be arranged??

I could get behind this. When I got robbed in 2004 of my iPod some guys on another forum got together and bought a new one for me.
    If enough of us did this I think it's a very doable idea.

What say you?

How you get robbed? Someone took mine, I found out who took it and got my **** back.

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode

I think this is a great idea.

TMJ31, how much would it cost for travel, etc. for you two to attend the game?
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

No offence to the kid and not wanting to be a ***, but why don't ya start talking to your folks again, if there building a 10,000 FOOT house then i'm sure they'll lend you a couple hundred bucks and if they can't surely you have a brother or sister that can manage it... as much as the parents not approving of your decisions it might be time to talk to them again, because i'd imagine if one of them heaven forbid was to pass away it'd feel much worse then your grandma's passing.

Good Luck with what ever happens, you have my sympathy i'd hate to be where you are and it'd be even worse if i traveled from down under for the game and lost my tickets

Tough break but everything works out in the end..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    How you get robbed? Someone took mine, I found out who took it and got my **** back.
    Read the first link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    I live in Harlem and where I got robbed you don't mess with people. A 15 year old put a loaded desert eagle to my temple in broad daylight and just ripped it out of my pocket, proceeded to call me a "****ing cracker" and left. When I went to the precinct they had about 300 matches for the description I gave. And a NYC precinct just extends a few blocks in each direction so that will give you an idea of how bad things can be there.

Karma works though, most of those ******** will end up being some forgotten crack-statistic somehow so I'm not too bothered by it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!!
    Tough break but everything works out in the end..
    Almost 28 years, and I'm still waiting...

Let's say we were going to take up a collection. How much do you need to make this work?

Also, is there an easy way to move the money? I killed my PayPal account.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Almost 28 years, and I'm still waiting...
    I'm not going there, i'm just behind you and still wondering if it's true coz it's taken it's darnest time..

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    I live in Harlem and where I got robbed you don't mess with people. A 15 year old put a loaded desert eagle to my temple in broad daylight and just ripped it out of my pocket, proceeded to call me a "****ing cracker" and left. When I went to the precinct they had about 300 matches for the description I gave. And a NYC precinct just extends a few blocks in each direction so that will give you an idea of how bad things can be there.

Karma works though, most of those ******** will end up being some forgotten crack-statistic somehow so I'm not too bothered by it right now.
    Holy CRAP.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Holy CRAP.

What... Only in America ?? surely Kanuks do the same in vancouver..

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!!
    What... Only in America ?? surely Kanuks do the same in vancouver..
    And they do.

I was just making reference to the fact that one of our own forum members had a loaded gun pointed at his temple. It's just not something I hear every day...especially to someone I consider an acquaintance - or whatever we folks consider each other around here.

That sucks, **** happens all the time out here too, just the other day I was standing on the bus stop and 4 guys come up to me and go through my pockets. Thank God I didnt have any thing but my bus pass.

Damn you live in Harlem World, you ever see the Dipset out there?

I'm glad i live in a city of 130,000 people on an isolated island that no one cares about, man that's just not cool, bugger getting robbed...

Hey everyone, I definately appreciate the continued outpouring of support.

When I made my first post about this issue, a few forum members attempted to see if they could internally raise some money to help me out, but it wasn't really feasible, even though I greatly appreciate even the thought.

The fact of the matter is, that it would take a minimum of 700 dollars to get airfare from LA roundtrip, and 2 nights at some random place to stay.

Don't get me wrong, if somehow the money just showed up at my front door, we would have to re-evaluate selling the tickets. But at the same time, my girlfriend and more so myself, have accepted the fact that it just was not meant to be, and the (Hopefully) cash we get from selling the tickets, can take care of some very stressful past due bills and car repairs, etc.

Not to say we for sure would not go if we were able to, but at this point, even if the trip was funded we would still have to have a long hard thought process about it.

But like I said, it really means the world to me that you guys continue to try to do things for a perfect stranger, says alot about the type of fans a class organization like the Pacers has. I can promise you no Faker fans out here would be lifting so much as a fingernail for someone in a similar situation.

We will see how the auction goes, but please don't feel obligated to raise any money, I merely posted this message as a update for the many PD'ers who were in the know about the original situation.
    -Tyler
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31
    I can promise you no Faker fans out here would be lifting so much as a fingernail for someone in a similar situation.

How do you know this if I may ask? We're all people in the end and good/bad people are found everywhere and I certainly do not think their kindness is defined by the teams they root for.

That being said, I hope things work out for you. Things have a way of working out sometimes!

loaded desert eagle

Agree with the Holy Crap comment. For those not familiar with this weapon. Let's just say people who carry a Desert Eagle think the 44 Mag in the Dirty Harry movies are for wussies.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by RWB

Agree with the Holy Crap comment. For those not familiar with this weapon. Let's just say people who carry a Desert Eagle think the 44 Mag in the Dirty Harry movies are for wussies.
    Yep, I've shot a .50 on a few occasions. The appropriate term is "hand cannon."