Thread: Nutrition Question: lunch

Default Re: Nutrition Question: lunch

Maybe not so much breakfast? Or eat it earlier....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You should force yourself to eat something, even if only a little bit. You may not feel hungry even if your body is. Eating, even when you don't feel hungry, could very well lead to making you feel hungry. But you should eat at least a little something to keep your metabolism from shutting down on you.

And you should always strive to eat breakfast, even if it's something fast on your way out the door.

Another thing which is kinda weird, is that sometimes the human body mistakes thirst for hunger. If you really can't bring yourself to eat anything, drink water instead.

As for breakfast, I used to NEVER eat it because of stomach problems digesting early in the morning. Since I started forcing myself to eat breakfast, I now have little problem with it and actually wake up hungry every morning. Breakfast is the most important meal, as it wakes up your metabolism from being idle for the 8+ hours you were sleeping. A protein smoothie is great for a quick breakfast, as well. It gets you some much needed protein and fiber. I usually make one consisting of:

- 1 cup organic fat-free milk
    - 1/2 cup unflavored, unsweetened oatmeal
    - 1 scoop whey protein powder (I prefer chocolate, personally)
    - 1/2 cup berries (any kind will do; I prefer strawberries or blueberries)
    - 1 tablespoon of all-natural peanut butter (for a sugary taste and needed monounsaturated fats)
    - ice

Blend it all together, and you've got breakfast in about 10 minutes. It's also quite tasty.

**** this thread.

I was ALL ready to go to bed, and this reminded me I hadn't had my pre-bedtime smoothie. NOW I HAVE TO BRUSH MY TEETH AGAIN.

***holes.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** this thread.

I was ALL ready to go to bed, and this reminded me I hadn't had my pre-bedtime smoothie. NOW I HAVE TO BRUSH MY TEETH AGAIN.

***holes.
    I did the exact same thing last night.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks a lot Shade. I really appreciate it.

Back when I was in school (all of 2 years ago) I used to make something similar. I used to just take some blueberries, strawberries, and maybe some kind of juice and blend it together to make a fruite smoothie.

That was the ***** back in the day.

As for the other thing, part of the problem is the medication I take in the morning, and that is why I am starting to pay attention to breakfast more. I take three pills, and if I dont have a decent amount of food in my stomach, these acid in these pills (or whatever it is) can and will tear through my stomach lining.

I have been gettig sick a little bit, and that is when my doctor told me I needed to eat breakfast. That and get more then 3 hours of sleep per night.

Now this is probably all way to much information, but hey, at least you are making me thing tonight.

Thank again,

Adam
    Yeah, definitely eat something, or have a smoothie with that medicine. It will help.