Thread: Science Experiment Compared to the Pacers

Default Science Experiment Compared to the Pacers

How does one execute a science experiment? Every different trial in the experiment incurs one change and has everything else remain constant. Why don't we change two things in the same trial? We would not know which change caused the difference in the experiment. It could have been either one of them. Now, I know you're wondering what I'm rambling on about, but believe me I have a point.

Take our team as an example of an experiment. Let's call all our different starting lineups the trials in the experiment. Now, everyone is saying how much better this team is playing without Jermaine. Ok, that's true...but was that the only change in the trial? No. When Jermaine left, we added Peja and Pollard and (a healthy) Foster. Maybe the difference was that they made the team better and not that Jermaine made the team worse.

All I'm saying is let's just see what our whole team looks like before shipping off Jermiane. Who knows, we might even get better. Maybe even a championship caliber team (hoping). What if Jamaal actually returns healthy? I know it's a big if, but he might actually be able to survive 3 or 4 months since he hasn't played in a while. I loe A.J.'s play as much as the next person, but it would be nice to have someone to put in when we have an offensive drought without having to worry about guarding some of the bigger guards.

Lets not ship off Jermiane before we see what he can do with this group. From what I saw in the beginning of the season he really was trying to pass out whenever someone was open. How sweet is it going to be when Jermaine's actually passing out with Peja on the wings? And actually having a post presence that isn't in foul trouble half the time and can finish around the rim? Let's just give it a try before everyone calls for Jermaine's head.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein

Lithfan

Default Re: Science Experiment Compared to the Pacers

So what is your point, lets leave JO or Rick is doing wrong experiments?

anybody that wants to ship out Jermaine has lost their mind. He is the leader so he naturally takes the blame, but he is by far the best player on the pacers. If the team would have had him in the final few minutes against the Spurs the outcome would probably been different. He is a go to guy in the final minutes because he can get to the basket and draw fouls and can work late in the shot clock. When he comes back the pacers will be tough to beat and he won't have any problems with the new offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what is your point, lets leave JO or Rick is doing wrong experiments?
    I think his point is: cut JO some slack since the not-playing of him is not the only change that occurred since we started playing better.

By the way, nice comparison, pacersfan. Are you in science or are you wanting to go into science?
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan.
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does one execute a science experiment? Every different trial in the experiment incurs one change and has everything else remain constant. Why don't we change two things in the same trial? We would not know which change caused the difference in the experiment. It could have been either one of them. Now, I know you're wondering what I'm rambling on about, but believe me I have a point.
    Making a trade and then seeing how it works is Donnie's M.O. Bird has also professed this is what he would like to do.

I sometimes think Donnie waits to long, but that might be because he's looking for the right trade. I know he tried to trade Croshere but didn't pull the trigger on any of the offers he got.

Still I think there could be a deadline trade because I think Bird makes his mind up faster than Donnie. Whatever, he won't be trading JO!

woman without a team

How do I execute a science experiment? I haven't been in school for >20 years and you expect me to remember?

Well, in high school the brother we never talk about was in my Latin class. I was so busy the week of Senior Finals I just copied his homework. I guess applying that theory here I'd let Kegboy do it. I trust his judgment.