Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd thoughts about beating the Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd thoughts about beating the Warriors

Probably going to be a quick one tonight guys.

I came home & watched the replay a little bit ago & I have to ask a question.

Did I hear Quinn Buckner right? Did he say that Jermaine was not handling the Pacers winning & new style very well emotionally? Alberts did a quick cover by saying that J.O. would work perfectly into this new system but by that time the cat was out of the bag.

Am I the only person who heard that? It was in the first quarter for those of you that still have it on tape. I've already deleted mine but you can go back & hear it for yourself.

What I took from that was that Jermaine was not mad or anything he was just hurt by the apperance that the team does better without him. At least that's what I hope he is thinking. That is human, that is understandable & that makes sense to me. I sure as heck don't want to think the guy is mad because they are winning without him.

I'm not going to dwell on this because I don't want all of the replies to just be about that. J.O. looked a lot more involved on the bench from what I could see & on TV he looked like he was supporting the team.

I just hope he tells Rick that he wants to be part of this.

Let's move on.

The bench was rotten to the core during this one. Not a single player came off of that bench & played worth a d@mn IMO.

They're entitled to a stinker just like any other player is, but God let's just hope they don't do this as a group again. One player being off is fine we can even tolerate two but all five????? That's hard to overcome.

But overcome it we did thanks to deadeye shooting from our backcourt & our starting three.

A.J. was 10-14 Peja was 9-16 & Jax was 8-10 from the floor & very few of these shots were dunks.

Now we are not going to shoot like that every night, in fact I doubt if we shoot that good many more games. But for this game it was all that was needed.

In fact if you look at almost every stat across the board the Warriors beat us.

They outrebounded us by 45-43 they had more fast break points than us & had more points in the paint. We did go to the line more often & we each turned the ball over the exact same amount of time.

Due to foul troubles we went with a small lineup on several occasions which did not work out very well for us, but in this case I understand why Rick had to do this.

Let's do the good the bad & the ugly for a change.

The good.

Anthony Johnson. He was the engine that made the car run. There is no better way to put this that I can think of. Whenever A.J. went to the bench we were in trouble. Whenever he was in the game he held the team together & he was the one thing you can not teach, practice or become. You either are or you are not & in this game he was. Clutch.

He still looks like Beetlejuice from Howard Stern so that might make him in the ugly catagory. But his game sure as heck wasn't ugly.

Peja. What can I say other than to admit over & over & over again to everybody. I was wrong.

I didn't want him on our team, I thought that from a talent standpoint this was a horrid trade & that while I would have taken a bag of chips for Nutball I thought Peja was worse than a bag of chips.

I couldn't have been more wrong if I tried. This guy is better at everything than I thought he would be. He is even a better shooter than I though & I always thought he was a good shooter. He is a superstar shooter. We have been blessed with some great pure shooters over the years here. Reggie, Eddie Johnson, Chris Mullin, Dale Davis (I kid, I kid) but Peja is better than all of them with maybe the exception of Reggie. Maybe. He hasn't hit the big time big game shots yet so let's see what he can do there.

Caveat: Chris Mullin was a player at the end of his career when he was here so in fact as a young player Mullin was a better shooter but he had lost his quick release when he was here especially in year 3. But he could still deadeye shoot, just not under pressure anymore.

Back to Peja. He is far more physical than I would have ever dreamed & his rebounding makes me drool. He had 8 boards in this game. Now Granger is going to out do him in the reboudning department eventually but that is no shame because I think evenatually Granger is going to outdo everybody in the rebounding departement on our team.

Stephen Jackson. In one 30 second time frame Jackson took was was a wonderfull, joyous, spectular game. Wadded it up & pitched it in the trash can. Then he came back & redeemed himself (but only to a point)

What am I talking about? Well, simple. He had played out of his mind good both on defense & offense. Then he got his 5th foul & Carlisle took him out of the game. First he waved Rick off, then after it was clear that Granger was going to come in he sighed & hung his head & stood there for a few seconds while Rick is waving for him to come out. He did go out but then stood there & yapped at Carlisle from his seat.

I'm putting Jax's game into the good catagory. His game on the floor was great, probably the best game he has ever played overall here as a Pacer. He was a willing passer for a change, he held his own on defense, he didn't overdribble but on two occasions & he attempted to help on the boards. So I was very very pleased with his on court production.

But this crap of yapping @ Rick everytime he comes off of the floor has got to stop. Obviously he has no respect for the coach because if he did he would not do this in front of his team, the fans & for God's sake the uppermanagement.

I think it's time for TPTB to bring Jax into the office & lay it on the line with him. He does this again, it's a fine. He does it again after that & he loses his starting job for a game. Again he loses his starters spot for three games & after that he gets suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.

Is this tough? Yes, yes it is. But by allowing him to do this crap it just shows other players that they can do it as well. Think A.J. leaving the floor slowly & getting that "T" I said that very night why shouldn't he be able to do it because Jax does this all of the time. What happens to Carlisle if Harrison or Pollard or Foster or Jones or pick any other Pacer starts doing this whenever. What happens when Jax refuses to come out of a game at all?

It's time for the upper guys to step in & back up the coach on this.

I hate to even do this because Jax played a heck of a game, but as we all know from the past three years. Just playing the game well isn't enough.

Jeff Foster. 5-8 from the freethrow line. I'm more happy that he got to the line 8 times than I was with him hitting 5 times. Well I'm happy he hit them as well . He shut Diogu out, period. Ike looked small & insignificant compared to Jeff & there was a reason for that. He was. Foster as the Power Forward thrills me to death. The combo of Foster & Pollard makes me even more happy. I don't know what to do about Austin when he comes back. Well in a game like last night I think it would have been very helpfull to have him in there because of foul trouble. But I really like the tone that Pollard & Foster set out there.

Scot Pollard. Hulk Hogan has nothing on him. He was legitimately p!ssed about blowing that play. Man I hate to see that. I mean nothing upsets me more than a guy caring about his job. Ok, that was sarcasm for those who could not detect it. Isn't it nice to see a guy be mad at himself for a change & not be mad at a ref? No honestly isn't that refreshing? In all honesty he was to hard on himself, even though he didn't grab all that many boards he sure as heck set the tone. He attacked the rim every chance he got & he was setting some bone crunching picks out there.

The bad.

Our bench.

I'm not even going to point them out individually. Our entire bench stunk up the joint & yes that includes Granger who for whatever reason just could not get it going.

Harrison was back in foul trouble, Jones couldn't hit the ocean from the deck of a ship & Saras was useless.

It's best to just pretend these guys didn't play in this game & just move on.

The ugly.

I cold live the rest of my life without seeing this motion from this guy.

Overall, this was another great win. Now we have the world champs coming to town on Sunday so I say let's give it to them & get # 5.

BTW, I am not a believer yet. But I think I'm starting to lean that way.

Now is the time on Odd toughts when we dance. Join me.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Odd thoughts about beating the Warriors

I don't remember Quinn saying that, but I do remember him constantly imploring the team to play "Eastern Conference basketball", in other words, halfcourt ball-control. I wouldn't be surprised if he sees this cutting offense as a gimmick, or feels that it won't work long term with a low-post scorer with poor passing skills.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by Peck
      Ed Grimley!!!

-Bball
      Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

[QUOTE=Peck]

Did I hear Quinn Buckner right? Did he say that Jermaine was not handling the Pacers winning & new style very well emotionally? Albert's did a quick cover by saying that J.O. would work perfectly into this new system but by that time the cat was out of the bag.

I didn't hear it. It could have been said though.

I'm not going to dwell on this because I don't want all of the replies to just be about that. J.O. looked a lot more involved on the bench from what I could see & on TV he looked like he was supporting the team.

I think the Pacer players sometimes come on here to see whats said about them. If so he took it to heart.

I just hope he tells Rick that he wants to be part of this.

He said that last year. And they played that way while he was coming off the bench. But once he was back to starting it slowly faded away.

Peja. What can I say other than to admit over & over & over again to everybody. I was wrong.

I didn't want him on our team, I thought that from a talent standpoint this was a horrid trade & that while I would have taken a bag of chips for Nutball I thought Peja was worse than a bag of chips.

I couldn't have been more wrong if I tried. This guy is better at everything than I thought he would be. He is even a better shooter than I though & I always thought he was a good shooter. He is a superstar shooter. We have been blessed with some great pure shooters over the years here. Reggie, Eddie Johnson, Chris Mullin, Dale Davis (I kid, I kid) but Peja is better than all of them with maybe the exception of Reggie. Maybe. He hasn't hit the big time big game shots yet so let's see what he can do there.

I thought he would take Reggie's place and do better than the old Reggie except for the clutch shots. I'm thinking now, who could we have realistically got that would have been better for us? And just think, if we could have got him two years ago when Bird first wanted him, Reggie would have been on one wing and Peja on the other.

Jeff Foster. 5-8 from the freethrow line. I'm more happy that he got to the line 8 times than I was with him hitting 5 times.

Jeff's hitting .656 from the line while his career average is .616. I think he's been doing a lot better than earlier in the year. At one point I think he hit 20 some in a row. And whats up with all his yapping now? I don't recall him ever yapping as much as he has been doing lately.

Thanks Peck! Good post!

Comment

Peck, I hav ebeen a lurker on this site for a long time. Mostly becuase of your posts. Great job and thanks man.
          No matter how much success Larry Bird attains in Indiana he'll never top that first command to fire Thomas. -Peter Vecsey. NY Post 12/4/07

Comment

Peja can do a lot of things, but 9/10 times, clutch shot-making isn't one of them, unfortnately. Doesn't mean I'm not thrilled to have him, however.

Comment

I understand the frustration about Jack's reaction to coming out of the game and I, too, would love for any residue of that type of attitude or whatever to disappear. However, I think with SJ in that case it was just him being so into the game and playing so hard that he just wanted to be out there helping us win. And, with all due respect to Peja and AJ's great games, without Jack, we definitely don't win that game. He got us off to the big lead with great play in the 1st and got some important points to slow down GS's momentum late. Jack's game is all about passion and I think he's really having a positive affect on the team during this win streak. He's been sharing the ball much more and notably communicating with and supporting his teammates. IMO his defensive abilities have been consistently undervalued since he got here. To sum up, I think you have to accept some bad with the good for every player. Jack's performance while we were struggling deserved scrutiny and criticism and if he returns to that I'll be the first to say he's gotta shape up. But I think expecting absolute perfection from him or anyone is unfair. I would rate his play throughout the win streak as stellar.
              I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Comment

Quinn often has trouble articulating exactly what he wants to say, so I wouldn't read too much into what you heard. I was at the game, so I have no idea what he said.

Peck, your point about Peja being a better shooter than you thought, brings a couple points to my mind that I want to make about him.

He is taller than he looks on TV, he is maybe a half inch shorter than Foster, they were standing next to each other last night and I had a good look at it to judge the heights, and he is basically the same height as Jeff.

That height enables him to get his shot off over about anyone. (one thing I learned from reading the Kings forum is that teams had more success defending Peja with smaller really quick guys who can get right up into Peja as opposed to the bigger guys who tried to just bother his shot. Peja's release is so high and it is so quick he is tough to defend.

Rick made a great point after the game. Peja can score 25 points in a game without really having the ball much. Rick didn't say this, but that is a lot like Reggie.

The interesting thing about peja's shot. Have you noticed most of the time when he misses, he misses really bad, it will slam off the rim, or be wide right or left, or even hit the side of the board. But when he makes it it sure looks sweet. He rarely hits the rim and.

Peja is better than I thought too.

Peck, I agree with you about Jax, he did almost ruin a great game. He and Peja sure play well together though, but then Reggie and Jax played pretty well together too.

I know I don't need to say this, but Jax and Artest together was a disaster, it created a tug of war of sorts, then you add in J.O and Tinsley, wow that was a disaster just from an on court chemistry situation.

Peck, I agree with you about Cro, I don't know they should do with Cro. I mentioned this yesterday Scot can play and start during this stretch of games because there are off days in between, but look at March, there are tons of games, and I don't think he'll hold up physically during March. So Cro will be needed. But that changes things. at center

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck
                  I mentioned this yesterday Scot can play and start during this stretch of games because there are off days in between, but look at March, there are tons of games, and I don't think he'll hold up physically during March. So Cro will be needed. But that changes things. at center
                  Very good point. Maybe the same can be said for Jeff Foster who no longer seems able to take the pounding for long stretches either.

Comment

Originally posted by Peck
                    Did I hear Quinn Buckner right? Did he say that Jermaine was not handling the Pacers winning & new style very well emotionally? Alberts did a quick cover by saying that J.O. would work perfectly into this new system but by that time the cat was out of the bag.

Am I the only person who heard that? It was in the first quarter for those of you that still have it on tape. I've already deleted mine but you can go back & hear it for yourself.
                    "A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest." Simon and Garfunkel, I think.

You are way too hung up on your thesis that JO is a selfish goof who can't stand the Pacers winning without him. You correctly point out that Jack almost ruined his best game as a Pacer with stupid stuff - I feel the same way about this thread: Would have been a cogent report, but I could have done without your featuring yet another unsubstantiated attack on JO. I'm not the greatest fan of JO's game, but your needless nagging is making me one. Why not let it rest until he comes back and does whatever it is he is going to do on the court?

Comment

Originally posted by Hicks
                      Peja can do a lot of things, but 9/10 times, clutch shot-making isn't one of them, unfortnately. Doesn't mean I'm not thrilled to have him, however.
                      Part of this is that there were always other people who took the shots.
                      Pedja has hit some and missed some more.
                      We gave a clean slate to Ron - untill he proves us wrong and it is going good so far.
                      If You do that with Pedja and there is no reall reason not to - You just might get surprised
                      Vulpes pilum mutat, non mores!

Comment

Originally posted by piksi
                        Part of this is that there were always other people who took the shots.
                        Pedja has hit some and missed some more.
                        We gave a clean slate to Ron - untill he proves us wrong and it is going good so far.
                        If You do that with Pedja and there is no reall reason not to - You just might get surprised

I wonder how much that one shot he missed late in game 7 WCF against the Lakers hurt Peja's reputation. I think it has hurt it more than it should have for two reasons. One it was a key shot and he missed it so bad. But many fans forget he was injured most of that series.

One thing Peja will do if nothing else, he will draw a good defender and that good defender won't ever leave him open that alone is a benefit to his team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck
                          I wonder how much that one shot he missed late in game 7 WCF against the Lakers hurt Peja's reputation. I think it has hurt it more than it should have for two reasons. One it was a key shot and he missed it so bad. But many fans forget he was injured most of that series.

One thing Peja will do if nothing else, he will draw a good defender and that good defender won't ever leave him open that alone is a benefit to his team.
                          he was injured and just played because he couldn't watch anymore. It is funny but everyone keeps saying how he is soft and can't handle pain. If he sat out those series there wouldn't have been any blame but he wanted to help. It wasn't a key shot because Kings missed 16 FTs in that game. Webber, Vlade & co just plain and simple choked on the line but Pedja is expected to hit every three he takes rather than just make a free throw.

Pedja has hit big shots and he has missed big shots. If Your coach draws up the play and Pedja gats the ball - he will take the shot. He will either make it or not just like every other player.

Also - trust is the big issue. If You know that Your team trusts You - You tend to step up more than not

Pedja is a veteran player used to winning. If he is healthy - he is an all star.
                          If used properly - he can be extremely effective (You have seen some glimps of that). He is neither a ball hog nor a volume shooter.

One thing - he constantly needs is being pushed by coach and teammates. He is very coachable and unselfish especially considering his limited touches in the game.

One of not too many player in this league who will be guarded on the perimeter even if he is 0-10 at that moment. He draws the best defender and he is a zone buster just like Reggie was for You guys. He will never be a superstar mostly because his physical limitations but again if You use him properly and he stay healthy - You guys can be really, really good.
                          Vulpes pilum mutat, non mores!

Comment

I think Peja gets a bad rap for game 7 against the Lakers.

I want to know this, when did Reggie Miller ever come up huge in a game 7? Basically all of his clutch moments came early on, or midway in the playoff series.

Comment

I've got it on Tivo. I'll check and see if Quinn actually said it.

"Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

Comment

Working...
                              X