Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd thoughts about beating the Warriors

Default Re: Odd thoughts about beating the Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well??????
    I'll take a look if you can remember approximately where in the quarter you hallucin----uh, heard it........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    I'll take a look if you can remember approximately where in the quarter you hallucin----uh, heard it........

It was early in the first half, I think even in the first quarter. It is in the beginning of the conversation about J.O. fitting into this new style of play.

In fact I'm certain that it was early in the first quarter.

Like I said in my first post, it's what I think I heard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Did I hear Quinn Buckner right? Did he say that Jermaine was not handling the Pacers winning & new style very well emotionally? Alberts did a quick cover by saying that J.O. would work perfectly into this new system but by that time the cat was out of the bag.

Am I the only person who heard that? It was in the first quarter for those of you that still have it on tape. I've already deleted mine but you can go back & hear it for yourself.

What I took from that was that Jermaine was not mad or anything he was just hurt by the apperance that the team does better without him. At least that's what I hope he is thinking. That is human, that is understandable & that makes sense to me. I sure as heck don't want to think the guy is mad because they are winning without him.
    http://prometheus.able-towers.com/~magicrat/quinnandalonjo.mp3

Sounds like JO's just been reading too much Bball.........

I seem to remember similar type quotes from JO last year about being concerned about coming back and screwing up the team while it was playing well.

Joining in the dance!!!

owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

owl, i have one thing to say to you:

I seem to remember similar type quotes from JO last year about being concerned about coming back and screwing up the team while it was playing well.

Thanks M.R.

I knew I wasn't crazy, I thought I heard Quinn say J.O. was having a hard time with this emotionally.

Like I said in my original post, it didn't sound like he was angry or anything about this. He seems to think he might be the problem.

I have no problem with this. To me this makes me think more of Jermaine. Not every star player would be willing to look at himself like that. Anybody think Kobe would volunteer to play a differant style if it meant him shooting a lot less & letting others be the star attraction? I doubt it myself although I don't know that for fact.

J.O. haters & lovers alike can take comfort in this statment IMO. Either way it seems that he is shining the light of truth on himself & not pointing it at others.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Thanks M.R.

I knew I wasn't crazy, I thought I heard Quinn say J.O. was having a hard time with this emotionally.
    Okay, looks like I'm off the hook.

My girlfriend gets really tired of Quinn Buckner constantly opining on what players are thinking and what is in their heads. Nevertheless, he does have one ear to the ground in Pacerdom so it's an interesting comment to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    But yes, I agree. It is good to see JO take that approach At least he is saying the right things, now we just need him to come back and have a MVP like "half season"
    Did you just quote and agree with yourself?

Selfquoter...that's even worse than a hater.

IndyToad
    A special night

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    Did you just quote and agree with yourself?

Selfquoter...that's even worse than a hater.
    Just imagine if he'd DISAGREED!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Just imagine if he'd DISAGREED!

Hey I've been thinking about what you said about the deep bench.

After carefull consideration I'm pretty sure we agree.

Let me see if I am thinking about this right.

We want 5 really good starters or at least a unit of 5 that combines together to make a really good unit.

Then we want 3 players behind them that can either meld into that group or are individually very talented.

Then 2 other guys who are utility players who will only see maybe 10 min. a night tops but could fill in if needed in a larger role.

Then as to the rest we want players who are not nearly as good as any of the above & don't mind just being bench players but can fill in if needed.

If that is what you are saying then I have to say that is what I think as well.

I probably still want to go deeper in the regular season though than either you or Jay do.

Does JO agree with me?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Does JO agree with me?

-Bball
    Nope. I think you've just given him a case of low self-esteem..........

Thanks M.R.

Like I said in my original post, it didn't sound like he was angry or anything about this. He seems to think he might be the problem.

I have no problem with this. To me this makes me think more of Jermaine. Not every star player would be willing to look at himself like that. Anybody think Kobe would volunteer to play a differant style if it meant him shooting a lot less & letting others be the star attraction? I doubt it myself although I don't know that for fact.

J.O. haters & lovers alike can take comfort in this statment IMO. Either way it seems that he is shining the light of truth on himself & not pointing it at others.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

If JO and the COACHES can take to heart less offense and more rebounds,
    blocks and assists for JO a title is a possibility.

owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I consider Quinn to be in the inner circle. He knows what Bird and DW are doing and thinking. He's around and knows what is going on. So when he says something I take note

Clark doesn't mainly because he's not around.

There is a cause for concern on JO's part. The foundation of Motion is based on not having a dominant big man. Now sure, there are some Hi/Lo variations, but the Big still must pass effectively.

I hope Rick has Jermaine in the gym drilling motion sets into his head. When he comes back, provided no more trades occur, the best short-term move is to deemphasize his roll and continue to run the offense through Jack and Peja.

However, this summer, Rick's gotta rewrite the playbook again, cause high post cutting isn't going to get us anywhere. With Jamaal, we can run some Hawk sets for Jack and Peja, which I hope we'll see after the ASB. We'll still run some Princeton with AJ and Cabbage. But we need to find a base that will use JO effectively. We can run some Four Out with either Danny or Austin, but that may put too much passing pressure on Jermaine. Maybe some Hi/Lo teamed with Harrison. That might work.

Anyway, I digress. JO ran motion under Isiah. Now obviously, throw out the UCLA stuff. That only worked with Brad. But, as I've said before, the main thing is to clean out the isolation junk Rick's filled his head with the last 3 years. Regardless of if that was all because of Ron or not (I tend to think it was, since Ron broke Isiah's Quick all the damn time), we need to put it behind us for good.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Thread hijack!! I've been reading a Warriors message board some time now, and came across the blog entry that I had to share:

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/

Recap: Warriors 95, Pacers 107
    By Atma Brother ONE
    Posted on Sat Feb 11, 2006 at 03:18:25 AM EST

Whoa! What a strange game. I got burned big time with my predicton that the Warriors would easily blow out the Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley- less Pacers in our game preview. But honestly, how was I supposed to know that the Pacers were going to break out their two secret weapons, Nate Dogg and the Black Skeletor?

Boxscore

Peja: "YESSSS! We got Nate D-O-double G and the Black Skeletor!" (AP Photo)

Usually the Boom-Rich backcourt dominates games while dropping dimes, dunks, and swishes. However, tonight the Pacers' Nate Dogg-Skeletor backcourt put Baron and Jason in check.
    DPG- Anthony Johnson's day job Anthony Johnson had the Warriors asking 23 Questions. (AP Photo)
    At night Stephen Jackson has the power.
    Stephen Jackson gives JRich trouble. (AP Photo)

This isn't supposed to happen. Baron has been struggling defensively for most of this season. JRich has stepped up his D this season, but for some reason Stephen Jackson gives him a lot of trouble. It's strange how Monty didn't try sticking Pietrus on Jackson. JRich has the athleticism and hustle to run through the 50 Reggie Miller screens the Pacers set for Peja, so it's not like Jason couldn't guard the Pacers' SF. Warrior centers Adonal Foyle and Andris Biedrins combined for 10 fouls in 45 minutes of play. That's well... just FOUL! Yo Mullin and company- a capable center would be nice. We'll even take Drew Gooden masquerading as a center! It's going to be even more Foul if that trade exception expires next Tuesday and the Warriors have nothing to show for it.
    "Sharpshooter" Mike Dunleavy hit one of his eleven shots. You read that right. He took 11 shots and missed 10 of them including one horrendous 3pt air ball that was about 6 inches off the mark. Keep in mind that Dun's attempts are for the most part completely wide open. I know 5th graders who can hit those shots. I'm being completely serious here- maybe Mike needs to get his eyes checked. There's no way he has 20/20 vision. Come to think of it, there's no way I have 20/20 vision anymore after watching all his eyesores.
    Still, Mike managed to live up to his Funleavy title tonight...

You've seen M.J.'s Wings Poster...

well M.D. tried to pose for his own Wings poster tonight. (AP Photo)

The Warriors are now 5 games under .500. Something, anything needs to change. A trade, a new coach, a new owner, something. This loss against a vastly inferior Pacers' roster is unacceptable. Let's hope the Warriors can rebound from this loss tomorrow against the red hot Cavs in Cleveland. They need Troy back soon or else it's going to be a very long night.
    Warrior Wonder: Air France took off! Needing only 9 field goals, MP2 hit 23 points and managed to sprinkle in 5 boards, a steal, and a block. Nice shooting game from Mickael. It's great to have him starting. Earlier in the season the Warriors were playing 3 on 5 with their starters with Dunleavy and Foyle filling boxscores with zeroes despite tons of playing time. Now the Warriors are playing 4 on 5 with their starting unit. Dunleavy and Foyle are good bench players, but nothing more.
    Track of the Day: E-40 featuring Keak Da Sneak- "Tell Me When to Go"
    Props to the Yay's ambassador E-Feazy for represting the whole Yay Area tonight on MTV's Direct Effect. Super hyphy-hyphy-hyphy-hyphy!
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?