Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

  1. #1
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    I woke up this morning and turned on espn2 and they were saying that Jonathon Bender is supposed to be on cold pizza sometime today.


    Just thought id give everyone a heads up.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Wow. Judging by your title, you were really excited about this.

  3. #3
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Coming up next....
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  4. #4
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Heres a question I always wondered.Should have JonaTHIN tried some kind of steroids?.Not to the Sosa/Mcguire extreme,but something.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  5. #5
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heres a question I always wondered.Should have JonaTHIN tried some kind of steroids?.Not to the Sosa/Mcguire extreme,but something.
    Do they have steroids that build knee cartilage?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  6. #6
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do they have steroids that build knee cartilage?

    Yeah...I have a bad knee,they were going to put me on some kind of steroid for my knee.But it wasnt a sosa type thing.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  7. #7
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,371
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    When I tore up my left knee - ripping the knee loose from the lower leg they inserted stabilizing pins and told me the only hope for none bone on bone rub was for scar tissue to develop where the cartlidge was ripped away.

    Some people have had success in less rubbing from injections of chicken comb into the knee to act as a buffer. This helps to a point but in Jonathan Bender's case attempting to play pro ball with bone and bone is extremely painful and will just result in total deteriation of all remaining cartlidge.

    JB had no real choice in the matter.

  8. #8
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    So what did he say?

  9. #9

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what did he say?
    I know, post a thread title with that much caps and then not tell us what he said? Man.


  10. #10
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Bender didn't make it in for the interview by the end of the show. They said something about possibly airing the interview between 12 and 2, but I stopped watching.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  11. #11
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Hes on next
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  12. #12
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    /insert tired old 'he hurt himself on the way to the interview' joke here
    //feels sorry for Jon
    ///at least it's over
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  13. #13
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Hes on NOW!!
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    You know, I don't think I've ever heard him speak.

  15. #15
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Bender says he hoped,to get into NBA...when he got over the hype,it was another goal to be the best in the NBA.

    What went wrong,he says stuff he did growing up hurt his knees.He said his first few years he knees werent too bad.But now hes knees are always swollen.

    He said he was just trying to stay sane while he was on IR.Says after 2nd straight summer of all the training,and nothing working was when he basically knew he was over with.

    He looked at his MRI's and saw his knees looked like two bricks shaving together.

    Says he cant watch NBA too much,it bothers him too bad.

    Hes still rehabing his knees.Hes going into real estate.Starting clothing line.


    The interview started at 1:57pm and ended at 2pm,he had more he wanted to say,but they cut him off.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  16. #16
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,077

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah...I have a bad knee,they were going to put me on some kind of steroid for my knee.But it wasnt a sosa type thing.

    I imagine they wanted to give you cortisone shots, which is a steriod but definately not the way your thinking. A friend had to get them for baseball, due to him having little cartilidge left in his throwing shoulder. It's a liquid that pads the area, which worked for a few weeks for him due to it being a non-weight baring joint.

    There is no injection to build back cartilidge. It's impossible to do. You can tear your cartilidge and it can grow back together, but if you lose it, it's gone.

    From what I've been told from an EXSCI prof at BSU, who's very respected in his field, they've been experimenting with other methods to recreate human like cartilidge. He's said they've looked at using pigs knee cartlildge which is very similiar, and even placing rubber discs in the joint.

    Knees are a very sensitive area in sports, especially high-impact sports such as basketball.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  17. #17
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I imagine they wanted to give you cortisone shots, which is a steriod but definately not the way your thinking. A friend had to get them for baseball, due to him having little cartilidge left in his throwing shoulder. It's a liquid that pads the area, which worked for a few weeks for him due to it being a non-weight baring joint.

    There is no injection to build back cartilidge. It's impossible to do. You can tear your cartilidge and it can grow back together, but if you lose it, it's gone.

    From what I've been told from an EXSCI prof at BSU, who's very respected in his field, they've been experimenting with other methods to recreate human like cartilidge. He's said they've looked at using pigs knee cartlildge which is very similiar, and even placing rubber discs in the joint.

    Knees are a very sensitive area in sports, especially high-impact sports such as basketball.

    Yes,they wanted to give me a shot,and an oral steroid.But of course this was actually for 2 injuries (I should have said that earlier).1 was for my knee,and the other was for my right shoulder.Basketball and Baseball injuries.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  18. #18
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Is there any recourse for the Pacers in regards to his contract? I know he didn't retire so he could collect his $, according to Sports Illustrated. Is there a way for the Pacers to get cap relief without him retiring?
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  19. #19
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by fwpacerfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any recourse for the Pacers in regards to his contract? I know he didn't retire so he could collect his $, according to Sports Illustrated. Is there a way for the Pacers to get cap relief without him retiring?

    I have no idea.With that new CBA, who knows?.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

  20. #20
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by fwpacerfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any recourse for the Pacers in regards to his contract? I know he didn't retire so he could collect his $, according to Sports Illustrated. Is there a way for the Pacers to get cap relief without him retiring?
    My understanding is that him not retiring is actually in part a favor for us. Think about it; Reggie retired and we were still on the hook for his entire salary and it counted against the cap and would have for LT purposes if we had not "Allen Houstoned" him. If he is forced to stop playing due to injury, then we can apply for LT/cap relief so that his salary comes off of the books both for this year and next. However, I may be wrong.

  21. #21
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My understanding is that him not retiring is actually in part a favor for us. Think about it; Reggie retired and we were still on the hook for his entire salary and it counted against the cap and would have for LT purposes if we had not "Allen Houstoned" him. If he is forced to stop playing due to injury, then we can apply for LT/cap relief so that his salary comes off of the books both for this year and next. However, I may be wrong.

    I hope you are right. The Reggie point makes sense. I would also think that Bird/Walsh knew this was coming and didn't "Allan Houston" him when they had the chance so they must have a plan in place.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  22. #22
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My understanding is that him not retiring is actually in part a favor for us. Think about it; Reggie retired and we were still on the hook for his entire salary and it counted against the cap and would have for LT purposes if we had not "Allen Houstoned" him. If he is forced to stop playing due to injury, then we can apply for LT/cap relief so that his salary comes off of the books both for this year and next. However, I may be wrong.
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

    You listening, bball?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  23. #23
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    WARNING: Extreme vulgarity to follow!

    Anyone ever seen that South Park where one of the kids wants to be a basketball player so he gets a bunch of plastic surgery so he can be tall and black? One of the things he has done is has someones balls implanted in his knee.

    Maybe thats Bender's solution?

    Of course they explode after he jumps the first time lol.

  24. #24
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,099

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

    You listening, bball?
    All I know is a lot of people have a lot of ideas, theories, opinions, readings, etc of how Bender will impact (Thanks Jay!) our future payroll and LT situation and every day I wake up Bender is still on the payroll and still counting toward the LT.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  25. #25

    Default Re: ****BENDER TO BE ON ESPN2's COLD PIZZA*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I know is a lot of people have a lot of ideas, theories, opinions, readings, etc of how Bender will impact (Thanks Jay!) our future payroll and LT situation and every day I wake up Bender is still on the payroll and still counting toward the LT.

    -Bball
    I thought it was general consensus that if the League and Union appointed medical people say he can no longer play in the NBA due to permanent injury, that his salary will be paid mostly by insurance and the Pacers won't have to pay any luxury tax on Jon's salary this year or next. Apparently though the medical decision won't be made until this summer, but if the decision is favorable his salary will come off the luxury tax books this year. Essentially the same situation as the Allen Houston retirement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •