Thread: best player in 2006 draft

Default best player in 2006 draft

i say alridge is from texas

Default Re: best player in 2006 draft

Adam Morrison hands down.

He doesn't use his athletic ability to dominate and is a pure shooter. He is the most fundamentally sound player I've seen come out of the draft in a while.

I am not sold on Morrison. For old-timers, I compared him to Adam Keefe. (btw, that is not a compliment). I actually challenged my buddy to tell me how (at best) Morrison's game is better than Austin's. He struggled.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Adam Morrison is definately a future stud.

Fundamentally sound in everything he does.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

PCC87

Morrison hands down is better than the rest!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not sold on Morrison. For old-timers, I compared him to Adam Keefe. (btw, that is not a compliment). I actually challenged my buddy to tell me how (at best) Morrison's game is better than Austin's. He struggled.
    Other than the fact they are both white, there is no comparison between morrison and Keefe.

One, they play different positions. Two, Morrison hit more threes in a single game for Gonzaga than Keefe did in four years for Stanford.

Not to mention, Keefe was an inside player. Morrison is a perimeter player.

BTW, if neither you or your buddy notice the fact Morrison can handle the ball and Croshere can't, you're both in need of some glasses.

Why is it white players have to be compared to white players and vice versa with black players, even if their styles of play are completely different? Is there any doubt that if Adam Keefe was black, this comparison never would have been made at all?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like Adam Morrison a lot. BUt Rudy Gay has never ever disappointed me whenever I watch him. Plus he plays against better competition game in and game out. Aldridge is also very impressive. I'll be stunned if these guys don't go top three in one order or another.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay are both going to be fine NBA players. Morrison is such a joy to watch, he is so skilled on the offenseive end of the court and he bball IQ seems pretty high. Gay has some a nice all around game but I think he will be more of a second opition star in the NBA.

Rodney Carney is another guy to watch out for. Verstaile, athletic, long, great defender. He still has to refine his skills though but he has gotten better.

But Morrison will be the player out of this draft. He is the best player, most developed, out of all the likely 2006 canidates and IMO has can rely on himself and his skills to get himself baskets. I see Rudy Gay and Carney relying more on others for them to really shine.

LAPacer

I'm not sold on Morrison either

He's not the best player in this draft, but I love Eric Hicks from Cincinnati (sp). He is a powerful force down low, reminds me of Ben Wallace in that he is that explosive and cat quick in the paint. He is not a lottery pick, and might be obtainable for the Pacers come draft night.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, hopefully the rest of the league isn't sold on Morrison and the Pacers can draft him. There are few players who can score in as many ways as Morrison. He can shoot, dribble, slash, it doesn't matter because the ball goes in the basket.

And how can you not love the nappy hair and dirt stache?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

JJ Reddick deserves at least an honorable mention in this thread. As for the best.... I will have to go with Morrison. He's everything you want in a player. The mustache bugs me a little though.

Mood

Rudy Gay. Coz his last name is Gay.

Mood

and yea, did I mention he's a heck of a player??? and with a chip on his shoulder like that, you know he's going to bring it every night.

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    and yea, did I mention he's a heck of a player??? and with a chip on his shoulder like that, you know he's going to bring it every night.
    Until he gets paid, he'll have the chip on his shoulder. After that, he'll have Gucci suits on his shoulders and his uppringing won't mean a hill of beans other than to use it as a marketing tool.

Seriously, what guy (sans Artest who is just plain nuts) who made millions in the NBA hasn't had that chip disappear and only reappear when it was convenient to him and a possibility of making more money or using it as an excuse to get him out of trouble?

But he is a pretty good ball player. Dwayne Wade had the chip but it's gone now. And there are better examples but they lose their chip but maybe never forget where they came from-though most do.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    Until he gets paid, he'll have the chip on his shoulder. After that, he'll have Gucci suits on his shoulders and his uppringing won't mean a hill of beans other than to use it as a marketing tool.

Seriously, what guy (sans Artest who is just plain nuts) who made millions in the NBA hasn't had that chip disappear and only reappear when it was convenient to him and a possibility of making more money or using it as an excuse to get him out of trouble?

But he is a pretty good ball player. Dwayne Wade had the chip but it's gone now. And there are better examples but they lose their chip but maybe never forget where they came from-though most do.
    the chip i was reffering to is his last name... get it? twas a joke

I don't know why people wouldn't be sold on Morrison. I think he is the number one player in the NCAA level but, on draft day he won't get choosen until 3rd, it will be The texas guy, then memphis guy, then morrison, and reddick 4-6th. Sorry not good with the college players names lol... but, know most of them. I also agree about the comparisions I hate how people compare white to white, black to black, even when styles are totally different. I wouldn't call Morrison a Byrd but, he's going to be a great star. I also think reddick will be a Chris Mullin in the Nba (lol see I did)

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    the chip i was reffering to is his last name... get it? twas a joke
    Missed it. Sorry
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.