Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Murphy doubtful tonight

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Murphy doubtful tonight

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...PGA8H69K91.DTL

    WARRIORS NOTEBOOK
    Gimpy Murphy probably will sit
    Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer

    Friday, February 10, 2006
    Indianapolis -- After going two years without spraining an ankle, Troy Murphy has done it twice in the last month. And this time, it's likely going to cost him a game.

    The Warriors' starting power forward wasn't optimistic about his status for tonight's matchup with the Pacers after his left ankle showed little sign of improvement Thursday.

    "I'm always hopeful, but I don't know if I'm realistic," Murphy said. "It hurts and it's swollen, so it's probably not a good shot."

    The injury occurred Wednesday night when Murphy attempted to block a fourth-quarter layup by Gilbert Arenas and came down on the foot of Wizards forward Michael Ruffin. He left with 3:27 remaining and did not return.

    Murphy said his ankle swelled up as soon as he cut the tape off his foot following the game. X-rays taken soon after were negative, but he did not practice with the team in Washington.

    Coach Mike Montgomery said he would start Mike Dunleavy at power forward if Murphy is unable to go. It would be the third position at which Dunleavy has started this season. He lost his regular small forward spot to Mickael Pietrus on Monday, but was pressed into emergency duty at point guard when Baron Davis and Derek Fisher were unavailable for tip-off.

    Though the Warriors catch a break with Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal still sidelined with a torn left groin and Austin Croshere (mild concussion) listed as questionable, Golden State's own injured list is growing.

    Forward Zarko Cabarkapa also sat out Thursday's practice with an aching back. Cabarkapa first felt some discomfort the night before and said "it didn't feel good" when he awoke the next morning. Rookie Chris Taft (sore back) did not make the trip, leaving fellow rookie Ike Diogu as the Warriors' only healthy power forward.

    No All-Stars, no surprise: Baron Davis and Jason Richardson were left off the Western Conference All-Star team after coaches failed to vote them in as reserves. Though neither was expecting an invitation due to the Warriors' losing record, they did have a slight reason to grumble.

    Seattle's Ray Allen still garnered his sixth All-Star bid despite the Sonics' 19-30 record. Allen is 12th in the NBA in scoring at 24.8 points per game while Richardson is two spots behind at 23.1.

    San Antonio's Tony Parker received the other guard spot to top Davis, who is averaging 19.1 points and an NBA second-best 9.4 assists per game.

  2. #2
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    So glad we didn't trade for him.

    Let's make it 4-0, baby!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  3. #3
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    I rather play the Warriors with Murphy then without him, the guy thinks he is Kevin Garnett, he wont pass the ball to anybody.

  4. #4
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So glad we didn't trade for him.

    Let's make it 4-0, baby!
    Yeah!! He sucks!!

    Career Highlights
    # 44 career double-doubles (point-rebound) entering 2004-05
    # Five 20-point/10-rebound games and two 10-point/20-rebound performances
    # 10-or-more rebounds 51 times, with two 20-rebound efforts
    # Finished third in Most Improved Player voting in 2002-03

    Ranks #10 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.5)
    Ranks #11 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(339.0)
    Ranks #10 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(7.2)
    Ranks #12 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(448.0)
    Ranks #9 in the NBA in Double-doubles(22.0)
    Ranks #13 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(9.9)

    Who'd want a disruptive, lazy, ego-driven, waste of talent like that!

    And he can barely score, why look at his ranking on the top scorers in the league:

    44 Chris Paul
    45 Ben Gordon , CHI
    46 Zydrunas Ilgauskas , CLE
    47 Troy Murphy , GSW
    48 Stephen Jackson , IND
    49 Dwight Howard , ORL
    50 Rasheed Wallace , DET


    A guy who's near top 10 in rebounding, scores like Ben Gordon or Dwight Howard......Man, he was just what we didn't need. I'm with ya!! SO glad we didn't get him.






    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  5. #5
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah!! He sucks!!

    Career Highlights
    # 44 career double-doubles (point-rebound) entering 2004-05
    # Five 20-point/10-rebound games and two 10-point/20-rebound performances
    # 10-or-more rebounds 51 times, with two 20-rebound efforts
    # Finished third in Most Improved Player voting in 2002-03

    Ranks #10 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.5)
    Ranks #11 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds(339.0)
    Ranks #10 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per Game(7.2)
    Ranks #12 in the NBA in Total Rebounds(448.0)
    Ranks #9 in the NBA in Double-doubles(22.0)
    Ranks #13 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(9.9)

    Who'd want a disruptive, lazy, ego-driven, waste of talent like that!

    And he can barely score, why look at his ranking on the top scorers in the league:

    44 Chris Paul
    45 Ben Gordon , CHI
    46 Zydrunas Ilgauskas , CLE
    47 Troy Murphy , GSW
    48 Stephen Jackson , IND
    49 Dwight Howard , ORL
    50 Rasheed Wallace , DET


    A guy who's near top 10 in rebounding, scores like Ben Gordon or Dwight Howard......Man, he was just what we didn't need. I'm with ya!! SO glad we didn't get him.






    How many times have you seen him play? Probably not more then 2 times a year. The Warriors are a horrible rebounding team, the guy gets all the rebounds cause no one else could get them. He wont pass out of the post to save his life, wouldnt have close to the stats he is getting with the Warriors on our team. Watch the game and then speak. Not to mention he got a 6 year 51 million dollar deal.

  6. #6
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, he was just what we didn't need. I'm with ya!! SO glad we didn't get him.
    Agreed.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #7
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,830

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Heck, I'm still wishing we'd somehow end up with Pietrus. Now watch him go out and stink up the joint tonight.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rather play the Warriors with Murphy then without him, the guy thinks he is Kevin Garnett, he wont pass the ball to anybody.
    I was thinking the same thing. His injury isn't exactly a break for the Pacers.

  9. #9
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jermaniac,

    I feel very confident in saying that Skaut has seen a whole lot more basketball than you have seen,

    this year,
    last year,
    the year before that
    the year before that...
    and so on back until you were an embryo and he was already watching.

    your opinion <<< his opinion
    I bet my life he hasnt seen more Warrior games then me since Murph has been on that team. And what are you his son? My dad is better then yours >>>>>>>>>>> Jermaniac. Stay in your place doggy.

  10. #10
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    No I'm going to take my time. And your post was grown up? His Opinion >>>>> My Opinion? Pleaseeeeeee

  11. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel very confident in saying that Skaut has seen a whole lot more basketball than you have seen,
    I'm pretty confident Scott's forgotten more about basketball than I've ever known.

    That being said, I think he was just messing around. I find it hard to believe he was ACTUALLY wanting us to move Ron for a guy who plays the same position as JO, averages just under 16 and 10, and has $60 million remaining on his contract.

    I'm with the other guys in the thread. Less Murphy means more Diogu. Why is that good for us? I'd much rather they played Murphy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #12
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pleaseeeeeee
    How is that pronounced? Pleez-eeeeee? I'm so out of touch with young folks' slang these days.

    And by the way, man, telling tom to "stay in his place" was by far the least mature comment in the thread. So if you're looking to get in a pissing match about who's the most grown up, you should probably wait for this thread to fall off the main page.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #13
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    I always found it funny that calling someone "son" became popular for teenagers to say. They have it backwards.

    Of course now it's "dog(gy)"

  14. #14
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,866

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Jerm, does live in the bay area so he probably does he more bball then us when it comes to the Warriors so you guys should prob lay off him. ALso the real good news isn't that Murph is hurt but that their coach said he might start Dunleavy at the 4 in his place. Foster will go for 20 rebounds easy if that happens.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #15
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is that pronounced? Pleez-eeeeee? I'm so out of touch with young folks' slang these days.

    And by the way, man, telling tom to "stay in his place" was by far the least mature comment in the thread. So if you're looking to get in a pissing match about who's the most grown up, you should probably wait for this thread to fall off the main page.
    I dont care at all about who is more grown up, I didnt say nothing to the dude till he mentioned my name.

  16. #16
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have learned to respect the opinions of people who have been around here forever.

    FYI-- Skaut was a pacer message board regular since I think before the Star ever had a board, many many years ago.
    Never said I know more about basketball then Skaut, I said I know more about Troy Murphy and I do. I go to 10-20 Warrior games a year and watch all of their other games on TV. When it comes to the Warriors I know what I'm talking about.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jerm, does live in the bay area so he probably does he more bball then us when it comes to the Warriors so you guys should prob lay off him. ALso the real good news isn't that Murph is hurt but that their coach said he might start Dunleavy at the 4 in his place. Foster will go for 20 rebounds easy if that happens.
    It's hard to predict. I guess the best scenario is that Murphy plays hurt and lays an egg because of it. Second best scenario is that they start Dunleavy and he doesn't torch Foster with his quickness before we can adjust by putting in Granger. Last thing we need is to see Dunleavy on a night where he remembers how to play basketball. Third option is they start Ike Diogu, which would be bad news for us.

  18. #18
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You told him to "watch the game and then speak", and now with your tail between your legs you try to spin it and say that you were just talking about the Warriors and Murphy.

    whatever.
    U mad?

  19. #19
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    U mad?
    You could try to prove them wrong, but that would require not posting things like this. Just at least think about that please.

  20. #20
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You could try to prove them wrong, but that would require not posting things like this. Just at least think about that please.
    Skaut's opinion >>>>>>>>> My opinion, he sure proved me wrong about Troy Murphy.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    maybe I misunderstood, jermaniac

    When you said to Skaut "watch the game" I took that to mean "watch NBA basketball" and found that highly offensive and condescending that you would lecture on of the most knowledgable posters on hear about watching the game.

    If you meant that he should watch the Warriors as much as you do, and pay particular attention to tonights' game, then I can understand a little bit what you said.

    You still need lots of work on HOW you say it.

  22. #22
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Skaut's opinion >>>>>>>>> My opinion, he sure proved me wrong about Troy Murphy.
    *sigh* I could have said the same thing I did in my last reply to this one. Since growing up is obviously going to take a while, can you at least calm down for now?

  23. #23
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    *sigh* I could have said the same thing I did in my last reply to this one. Since growing up is obviously going to take a while, can you at least calm down for now?
    I'm very calm

  24. #24

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many times have you seen him play? Probably not more then 2 times a year. The Warriors are a horrible rebounding team, the guy gets all the rebounds cause no one else could get them. He wont pass out of the post to save his life, wouldnt have close to the stats he is getting with the Warriors on our team. Watch the game and then speak. Not to mention he got a 6 year 51 million dollar deal.
    I respect both of your opinions, but why does this have to turn into a childish pissing contest? Jerm, just let it be, or at least, if you're going to argue, do it in a manner that's a little more mature. I think if you'd just started by saying you'd been to 10-20 Warriors games in person and watch every game on TV, that would have likely ended the discussion, but you flew off the handle and became very condescending. The point of posting here is to have others read and respond to your ideas. It's hard to do that if everyone has you on ignore.

    I understand that Skaut's response was very sarcastic, but you could have responded in kind without being petty about it. Hell, you might have even got an apology out of it

    As for Pacertom....you should have stayed well out of it.

  25. #25
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Murphy doubtful tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Eindar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for Pacertom....you should have stayed well out of it.
    I was in agreement until this part. Who are you to tell him that? I mean let's be honest, IMO that was uncalled for too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •