Thread: Why do I suddenly like our chances?

Default Why do I suddenly like our chances?

Between the game at Detroit, the way our young guys have developed, and the overall morale of the team recently...I am feeling positive about our chances come playoff time.

I really hope Jermaine just waits til the playoffs to come back, even if he is healthy enough before that. He should get in shape, practice with the team and all that...then just start playing come playoff time.

We would have to use the same offense and I trust that Carlisle would make the right choice given the circumstances. Teams would be used to the "new style" the Pacers have been playing and having Jermaine in there functioning within the parameters of our new offense, could really cause some problems for other teams.

I hope we keep Croshere and Tinsley out for a LONG TIME. Simply put that just gives Saras/Granger and even DH more minutes. These young guys need all the playing time they can get, all of them are so critical to our success.

Am I the only one who doesn't want to even see Tinsley in the playoffs?

We all know I dislike Jermaine, but I actually want him to be playing during the playoffs. Tinsley, i'd rather he just stay at home honestly. Anyone who doesn't expect Sarunas to step it up for the playoffs, is kidding themselves.

AJ has proven time and time again that he can step up when needed, and if last year is any indication we can expect A LOT from Stephen Jackson (the guy might be more passionate about winning than anyone on our team, aside from Saras.)

All this team really needs to do is get the sixth seed, Jermaine is crazy for wanting Detroit right out of the gate. Especially considering the fact that the first playoff series could possibly be the "re integration period" for Jermaine.

Foster seems to JUST NOW be getting into game shape and I like what I am seeing, Pollard staying healthy will be critical. By the time the playoffs roll around Stojakovic should have a firm grasp on what this team needs from him.

There is really just ONE major thing that concerns me...we've all been discussing it. If Jermaine and Carlisle both realize that A) Jermaine doesn't need to take as many shots and B) He needs to focus more on rebouding/passing.

When we've got shooters like Saras, Stojakovic, Jack and lately even GRANGER. I don't see ANY reason for us to LOOK for Jermaine. If we allow Jermaine to let the game COME TO HIM then WATCH OUT.

I just pray that Carlisle realizes this, WE ALL DO.

Basically what I am saying, I can't wait for the playoffs. I've ALWAYS liked this teams chances better in the underdog role. Everyone knows they have something to prove and nothing is going to be handed to them.

The events that have taken place so far this season could end up being a blessing in disguise.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE PLAYOFFS!
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

stipo

Default Re: Why do I suddenly like our chances?

Why do you suddenly like our chances?
    It's because your a sick sick fan, just like the rest of us! Eventually even I may be sucked in to believing in this team again this year!

Yes that also could be TRUTH. It's amazing how much better of a mood I am when this team is on a win streak. But come on....you've got to BELIEVE.

I mean... Miami is the only team that has a BODY like Harrison in the middle. I think by the time playoffs roll around he is going to be a FORCE. Harrison, Pollard, Foster, Jermaine, Cro, Granger

Nobody wants to mess with that rotation, NOBODY.

stipo

Hey, I'm thankful not everybody is as cynical as I am at this point. I hope you're right about the playoffs, and by that time I'll be cheering like a nut like usual.

You knew it would get better eventually. I'm still going with the attitude that we either go bold and get KG on Feb. 23 or "worst case scenario" we get JO back towards the end of the season. Not bad, not bad at all.

Banned

Chances for what?

Not getting beat in the first round

We need Jermaine to come back before the playoffs to have any chance of him being a big help. You can't lay off for that long and then step in and produce. And practice doesn't count.
    You're kidding yourself if you think teams won't be top of Saras for 84' EVERY trip come playoff time. The defensive intensity goes up 200%. I won't be expecting much of him come then.

You like our chances because we haven't lost yet.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Also because you know anything can happen in the NBA right now. I mean, I just looked, and Houston is 6.5 games behind NO/Oklahoma. They're the only team in the SW Conference not in the playoffs. What? Dallas is the best team in the West, and ONLY TWO GAMES BEHIND THE PISTONS. Who knows what's going to happen by playoff time.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There is a lot up in the air, and the Pacers are riding a wonderful 3 game win streak. OK, so Dallas is on a 13 game streak, but 3 games is HUGE for this team. I think, the biggest thing was the Detroit game; it was a huge confidence booster for the fans, AND the players because no one is supposed to have a chance against the Pistons. The guys we're putting on the court are working well together. When JO comes back, we HAVE to continue this style of ball-movement offense, or we will sputter and die in the playoffs again. As far as I'm concerned, Tinsley should be gone by the 23rd, so we won't have to worry about him. SJax did step up in the playoffs, but, I'd still rather have him out the door with Tins. We've got some good leadership in Sarunas, JO, and Cro, and some good young talent in DG, Hulk, and Freddie. JO has to come back before the end of the season though, or he'll just interrupt the rhythm and send everything to H-E-double hockeysticks in a handbasket.

I'm beginning to like this team as well; why do they do this to us?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

The Pacers are only 2 games behind Miami in the lost column for second place in the East. Of course second place behind Detroit would only give us the 4th seed.