Thread: What a(nother) GREAT win!

Default What a(nother) GREAT win!

Polly, healthy ? oh man, think of JO really playing at PF instead of C with an injured Jeff or Cro besides him!

Loads of positives from these last 3 games, will write more in the morning, for now it seems nicer to discuss the positives and possibilities we have instead of how great it is 2 starters are injured.

I cant wait to see JO with either this Polly or David on the floor, Peja doing the additional spreading of the defense, and what an offense we have then.
    Defense not to shabby either, few will want to wander in the paint with Jo and David patrolling the paint.
    I'm starting to look forward to the rest of the season.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What a(nother) GREAT win!

This team could truely be a thing of beauty.

Yes, it's obvious this team seems to have turned a corner. They've turned into a furious rebounding team, and they've won 3 in a row, yet other posts about the game are negative. Go figure.

This team needs George Karl as a coach. Jesus I would do anything for Karl to coach this team. Because he is not a fan of iso's like Carlisle is.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Peja's shot is just pretty. Such a quick and high release.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Polly, healthy ? oh man, think of JO really playing at PF instead of C with an injured Jeff or Cro besides him!

Loads of positives from these last 3 games, will write more in the morning, for now it seems nicer to discuss the positives and possibilities we have instead of how great it is 2 starters are injured.

I cant wait to see JO with either this Polly or David on the floor, Peja doing the additional spreading of the defense, and what an offense we have then.
    Defense not to shabby either, few will want to wander in the paint with Jo and David patrolling the paint.
    I'm starting to look forward to the rest of the season.
    Careful, it is still the Pacers. I'm starting to feel the same way, and I wonder if I should. They're playing good ball right now, and I'm starting to feel good about these guys. But, I don't want JO coming back unless Carlisle plans on keeping this style of ball. What's with these guys? 3 in a row, and a 30 point win? Whatever it is, I'll keep it.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

I was just looking over the game stats on pacers.com. What I found interesting in the Notable section is the Pacers having both NBA highs and lows in one game.

The Blazers' 26.7 percent from the floor is the lowest ever by a Pacers' opponent and it is the lowest by any team in the NBA this season.

The Pacers 61 total rebounds are the most by any team in the NBA in a regulation game this season and they have notched 20+ offensive rebounds for the second straight game. Those are the only games this season with 20+ offensive boards for the Pacers.

It appears to me that with the addition of Peja and the opening up of the offence this team has really taken off. I'm at the point that I no longer want to trade Jax.

Also if the team keeps playing this way the Pacer brass aren't going to make any deadline trades.

Still, I think one of the things that is a major contribution to the Pacers turn around is players are satisfied with their playing time. That's not going to be the case when JO, Cro, and Tins, get well.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    I was just looking over the game stats on pacers.com. What I found interesting in the Notable section is the Pacers having both NBA highs and lows in one game.

The Blazers' 26.7 percent from the floor is the lowest ever by a Pacers' opponent and it is the lowest by any team in the NBA this season.

The Pacers 61 total rebounds are the most by any team in the NBA in a regulation game this season and they have notched 20+ offensive rebounds for the second straight game. Those are the only games this season with 20+ offensive boards for the Pacers.

It appears to me that with the addition of Peja and the opening up of the offence this team has really taken off. I'm at the point that I no longer want to trade Jax.

Also if the team keeps playing this way the Pacer brass aren't going to make any deadline trades.

Still, I think one of the things that is a major contribution to the Pacers turn around is players are satisfied with their playing time. That's not going to be the case when JO, Cro, and Tins, get well.

I think I'm with you about Jack. It's not so much something he's done, but the position this team is in. I want another look at him in the playoffs.

Also, I think you mentioned something about this team turning a corner recently. I'm wondering if maybe David has turned a corner. I actually haven't paid as close attention to him lately, with our team playing so well, I get caught up in the moment too much to watch any one player too closely. However, a double-double and a near-miss in the game against the Pistons? I can't remember how he played against the Lakers, but maybe a flashbulb has flicked on inside his head. He did have one really smart play in the post, where he kicked it back out quickly so it could be whipped to Peja.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Those are 2 very impressive stats, 61 rebounds, good GOD. I remember when we couldnt get 35 out of Tins-Jack-Ron-Cro and JO at the start of the year

Props to coach Carlisle for such a successful and rapid adjustment to our offense and our rotation!

This is crucial. We've discussed how it helps NBA players to get set playing time and a set rotation. I think this has really helped Harrison especially.

I think we could integrate Tinsley back OK. I mean, our PGs aren't playing brilliantly as is. I think he'll be a definite improvement. J.O. could be brought back fairly smoothly too as long as we keep the offense the way it has been. Another big body can't hurt. Croshere, however, will be tougher. Much tougher. I'm wondering at this point if we should try to at all. I mean, basically, right now Pollard is getting Croshere's minutes and Pollard is playing like Sacramento Pollard. If he keeps it up shouldn't Croshere get Pollard's old minutes (read none)? Wouldn't that be the most fair and the best for the team? Then Croshere could jump back in if Pollard ever struggles again. That seems to me to be the best solution here.

I love the big starting lineup. Instead of adjusting to other teams with our small ball, we're able to create a nightmare with the additional possessions. I hope Scott, and Jeff stay healthy, and can keep the tandem going. When J.O. returns there's no reason for him to play center again. Start Foster, and give Pollard all the backup min.

Lithfan

Those are great! But I think its a momentum issue more than anything else. As soon as things will cool down rebounding will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This team needs George Karl as a coach. Jesus I would do anything for Karl to coach this team. Because he is not a fan of iso's like Carlisle is.
    George Karl? Wow.

Wow.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Bye bye Ron and Helloooo Peja!!
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

I am thrilled with this TEAM right now. The caps are intentional. I like JO and I think the Tinman is talented, but damn I like the play we are seeing right now. I hope we don't see a let down once they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    You really can't be serious, can you? I am assuming you are just evaluating Karl on his coaching in Denver. Not realizing he coached the Sonics in the early '90s. Arguably the greatest regular season team ever, but the Timberwolves of the '90s in the playoffs. Or we could talk about his stellar work for the Bucks. No thanks, Karl is not the answer.

We are all assuming Rick is going to change back when JO returns, I think the thing that will keep him from changing the offense is Peja. He can't change the offense back and untilize Peja properly. JO's game is easier adaptable to the new style of offense than Peja's is to the old style. That and do you really think JO isn't noticing how good this team is looking? If he is the leader he says he is, he will gladly take a back seat to the system. I don't think we will see a drastic change when he comes back. Maybe more of an effort of trying to establish the post and draw double teams from Jax or Peja's man. It really could even be more deadly when he returns. Currently Peja and Jax are getting double-teamed from Pollard or Foster's man. Do you really think the guy covering JO is leaving him? One of our top 3 will always be open when JO returns.

MarcD
    "Because clever got me this far, then tricky got me in..."