Thread: Mark Cuban: "I own Phil Jackson."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Mark Cuban: "I own Phil Jackson."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2323199

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Cuban
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "I own Phil Jackson. Not literally of course. That thrill belongs to the smartest businesswoman in professional sports, Jeannie Buss. Figuratively however, the coach formerly known as the Zen Master must now be considered my bucket boy."

ghost

Default Re: Mark Cuban: "I own Phil Jackson."

I just wish Lakers will improve their roster, that could be a beginning for a new good rivalry.

I enjoyed that read... Cube is one lucky guy...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mark is my boy. I wonder when he will be taking Phil Jackson public. I'm gonna buy some of that stock.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

The only thing Mark Cuban owns in the Nba is a "regular season team" the Mavs remind me of the early 2000 Portland so much talent, all offense and all over paid. Only in Mark Cubans wettest dreams could he get a coach like Phil Jackson. He sure didn't get a basketball education at I.U when he attended

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You have to admit, Phil walked right into that one when he started complaining that Cuban's influence on officiating superceeded his....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    You have to admit, Phil walked right into that one when he started complaining that Cuban's influence on officiating superceeded his....
    Yup. I don't disagree with anything Mark wrote in his blog.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I love lil Avery more then Cube, I just think Cube is living more the american dream then Latte Spreewall

I think Avery has changed that team, just imagine if they still had ol Nash..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

I'm not a fan of Cuban, but I respect him a little. I'm not a fan of Phil, and I respect him ess than I do Cuban.

Phil is known to attempt to manipulate teams and the media through his press conferences. He was famous for his comments about the Kings and their crowd. He talked smack during the finals against the Pacers. He's a hypocrite.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    The only thing Mark Cuban owns in the Nba is a "regular season team" the Mavs remind me of the early 2000 Portland so much talent, all offense and all over paid.
    Haven't paid much attention to the Mavs this year, have we?

Top 10 in points allowed.

woman without a team

I'm not a fan of Cuban's but anyone who can make Phil look this stupid is O.K. in my book.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

The only thing Mark Cuban owns in the Nba is a "regular season team" the Mavs remind me of the early 2000 Portland so much talent, all offense and all over paid.
    All Offense? Are you talking about this year or past seasons? Because if your talking about this year, than I believe that you have not been watching the Mavericks that much because there defense has improved.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cuban is awesome. Anyone who can own Phil Jackson is awesome, and he definately owns Phil Jackson(so he is awesome). I seriously hate Phil, the guy is such a hypocrite and he annoys the hell out of me. I can't believe he honestly talked about the refs, especially since LA gets a ton of calls*cough*2002 WCF*cough*.

That was one of the most entertaining articles on basketball I've read this season!

Why do you hate Phil?
    What do you mean by "hypocrite"? In the factual sense, I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SwissExpress
    Why do you hate Phil?
    What do you mean by "hypocrite"? In the factual sense, I mean?
    Says one thing but does another?

Complains about other coaches trying to game the ref, when in fact he's the all-time master?

Always acts as if he's the best coach in history, when he's never coached a team that didn't have the best player in the league?

Publicly trashes coaches and players from other teams?

Publicly trashes his own players and team?

Other than that, not much. He's a jerk.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

But what can a man do if some superstars suddenly turn into best-players-in-the-league at the moment he starts coaching them? He simply can't avoid having the best player in the league...

Sports Logo

The only thing Mark Cuban owns in the Nba is a "regular season team" the Mavs remind me of the early 2000 Portland so much talent, all offense and all over paid. Only in Mark Cubans wettest dreams could he get a coach like Phil Jackson. He sure didn't get a basketball education at I.U when he attended
    Did you see the Mavs/Heat game? The Mavs man-handled the Heat on the road.

The 2005-2006 Mavs aren't the same Mavs of previous years....not only are they the same offensive minded team....they are playing solid defense. Are they a team built for the regular season? Maybe....but Avery Johnson ( unlike Don Nelson ) is actually forcing them to play defense.

The smartest thing that Cuban has done is stopped meddling and let his coach and GM do their job.

At this point...its no longer the Pistons Vs. the Spurs....its a complete toss-up between the Spurs and the Mavs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

But what can a man do if some superstars suddenly turn into best-players-in-the-league at the moment he starts coaching them?
    We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Hasn't happened yet.

Enjoy your time at PD!

woman without a team

He simply can't avoid having the best player in the league...
    Yes he could. He could have taken the Knicks job.