Thread: 2006 NBA Draft

Default 2006 NBA Draft

I think Pacers should go for a shooting guard. Preferably one that can shoot it from deep and is a defensive stopper.

Brandon Roy (SG - Senior at Washington) - 6'5 195

NBADraft.net has us selecting him with the 18th pick of the draft. Apparently is good on defense but lacks ballhandling skills for a guard. A SF that would play SG in the NBA due to size.

Mardy Collins (PG/SG - Senior at Temple) - 6'6 205

NBADraft.net has Golden State selecting him with the 12th pick but maybe he'll fall to us. Good ballhandler, good shooting form, great defender and most importantly - EXTREMELY DURABLE. Plays nearly 40 minutes a game. Not very physical though and needs to improve on moving without the ball. Not a very athletic body.

Richard Roby (SG - Sophomore at Colorado) - 6'6 190

NBADraft.net has him going to Hornets with the 20th pick. Great shooter, good at getting steals. Very athletic. Led Colorado in scoring as a freshman. However, he has a reputation for being soft and will need to get stronger. Also isn't a good free throw shooter.

Rudy Fernandez (PG / SG - Spain (Joventut Badalona) - 6'6 172

NBADraft.net has him going to Knicks with the 21st pick. Smart player, good ballhandler, good one on one, knows when to drive, pull up or pass, good shooter, and free throw shooter. He will need to get stronger and not an athletic freak. He will also need to improve on his defense.

My opinion

From reading the bios, Rudy Fernandex or Richard Roby sounds like the players I would pick up. Both sound like they have loads of potential and good shooting ability. My third choice would be Mardy Collins.

Default Re: 2006 NBA Draft

Do you think it would be a good idea to trade a key player to get a 1st-4th draft pick even if we had to give JO, Jack, or Tinsley. Adam Morrison would be a WONDERFUL addition to the pacers if we could ever get him. He screams Indiana basketball to its fullest, him and Reddick both do. I don't think Reddick will be choosen until 5th or so. The Texas center is most likely going first, the Memphis all star is probably going 2nd then Morrison and then REddick in my opinion. Would it be worth it?

if we could trade to get morrison u do it...but dont trade J.O., Tinsley or jack yes

I'm not sure anyone with a lottery pick would trade it for Tins or Jax.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think it would be a good idea to trade a key player to get a 1st-4th draft pick even if we had to give JO, Jack, or Tinsley. Adam Morrison would be a WONDERFUL addition to the pacers if we could ever get him. He screams Indiana basketball to its fullest, him and Reddick both do. I don't think Reddick will be choosen until 5th or so. The Texas center is most likely going first, the Memphis all star is probably going 2nd then Morrison and then REddick in my opinion. Would it be worth it?
    Morrison would be a TERRIBLE addition to the Pacers. He can't defend mediocre college players. What makes you think he'd have a chance trying to defend NBA players?

Gonzaga subs him out when they are on defense at the end of games because he is such an inept defender.

I've never seen Gonzaga sub him out because of that reason it's usually because he has 4 fouls. Usually when players arrive here in Indiana we teach them Defense, I believe we could instill defense on that young man. Plus, Larry Bird would help Morrison out and could even make him one of the best. I doubt Morrison would be a Terrible addition to any team

Rudy Fernandez!

I'm sure david would like us picking a Colorrado guy
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Morrison would be a TERRIBLE addition to the Pacers. He can't defend mediocre college players. What makes you think he'd have a chance trying to defend NBA players?

Gonzaga subs him out when they are on defense at the end of games because he is such an inept defender.
    Seriously Morrison would be a HUGE addition to anyteam including the Pistons and the Spurs. Also team defense can help make up for not so spectacular defense.

Could Morrison play SG?

he does have the range and skills on the offensive end on the defensive im not too sure but Danny could guard the SG and morrison the SF

Too bad we could never get him, I really like having a great shooter in the lineup.

I am not a big fan of Adam Morrison. He's overly cocky, he's got an attitude and as stated already, he doesn't play defense very well. Not athletic. They also don't play that great competition in conference play and often have trouble beating those mediocre teams. Just my opinion. I'm sure he'll still be a top 3 pick. He's shooting over 50% from the floor and is just a great scorer.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the guy Larry has his eye on is Rudy Fernandez... his name has been mentioned a couple times w/ us... and wasn't he one of the players Larry went to go scout over seas this year when the whole Artest situation blew up?
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

He's overly cocky, he's got an attitude and as stated already
    how about ur boy in the pic im sure if i remember he was just like that in the olympics. He overly cocky not really cause hes really good so he can back it up

I like Reddick over Morrison simply because he is a shooting guard. The Pacers have Granger and Peja at the 3 and have no use for Morrison (Plus he is a sub-par defender in my opinion)

I also feel like Reddick will fall below the top 10 in the draft bacause of him being "one-dementional" and undersized. But his shot is the purrest I have ever seen at the college level and could see Larry Legend trading up a few spots to get him. (if Jax or AJ is still around they could be packaged w/ our pick to get him)

This draft is not as light as some people would believe. It won't be as deep as previous drafts, but there are 20-25 players that have the skills and talent to do very well.

i wouldnt mind either one cause they are both pretty good in the last parts of the games u guys see reddick last night thats what we need

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA
    i wouldnt mind either one cause they are both pretty good in the last parts of the games u guys see reddick last night thats what we need
    The two concerns I have about Reddick is his lack of hieght and build. He's only 6'4 or so. That might keep him from being a star, as he could have trouble getting his shot off agaisnt the taller or more athletic guards. That being said he is a tremendous shooter one of the best shooters coming out of college in some time and really improved his in between game.

If you get a chance to get Riddick, you get Riddick.

Reddick will be a top 7 pick and if Duke wins the national title than he most likely will move into the top 5. His defense is very good at the college level, but will have trouble with the bigger two guards in the league such as Jackson. Pacers could try to move up if either Morrison or Reddick falls but I doubt that will happen. The team should get a good player in the 20 to 23 pick range. The Pacers have just been lucky the past two drafts with Harrison falling all the way to the 30th pick and granger falling to the 17th pick. Both were expected to go much higher.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout
    I think the guy Larry has his eye on is Rudy Fernandez... his name has been mentioned a couple times w/ us... and wasn't he one of the players Larry went to go scout over seas this year when the whole Artest situation blew up?
    I think that this is the player that Larry is targeting. He did spend all that time in Spain. Also, he is a SG with good range and a knack for getting his teammates involved. The problem is that he is skinny; he will have to bulk-up a bit in order to take the beating that the NBA season dishes out.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    I think that this is the player that Larry is targeting. He did spend all that time in Spain. Also, he is a SG with good range and a knack for getting his teammates involved. The problem is that he is skinny; he will have to bulk-up a bit in order to take the beating that the NBA season dishes out.
    Glad to know someone actually reads my posts ... Everyone else was stuck in Morrison/ Reddick land...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

RUDY RUDY RUDY!!!!

I forgot about Rudy Fernandez. After reading his bio, I think he's the player we'll draft if he falls to us. It also fits with our new international focus. Now if we could just get Illgauskas and Ming .

Players I have my eye on for the Pacers:

- Taquan Dean: Good combo guard, great shooter. He is clutch. More of a combo guard than a 2 guard but he has the personality and unselfishness to become a PG in today's NBA.

- Rudy Fernandez: Good all around talent. I wanted him last year but he dropped out of the draft. Hard worker from what I read. He is a impact player. He does so many little things that make a huge diffrence in the game ala Manu Ginobli.

- Richard Roby: I like the fact that he can shoot. Good athlete too. Sounds like he can get some steals as well which is a big plus. What is his work ethic like?

- Mardy Collins: I like his game. Good all around game and a great defender.

- Matt Haryasz: Big guy who has a nice offenseive game. Can shoot. I don't know about his defense or rebounding. Looks like he is a pretty weak post player and questions of how much stronger he can get.

BTW: Don't count on getting Morrison. No freaking way we have anyone worth a lottery pick on this team. (JO but who wants his salary?)

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rommie

BTW: Don't count on getting Morrison. No freaking way we have anyone worth a lottery pick on this team. (JO but who wants his salary?)
    You would trade JO, a proven player, for a pick in this really bad draft? I don't think that any player in this draft will be even able to carry JO's jock, nevertheless be worth trading him for. You cannot trade a player like Jermaine for potential, you need a proven star or at least a player that we know can contribute on the NBA level.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection
    You would trade JO, a proven player, for a pick in this really bad draft? I don't think that any player in this draft will be even able to carry JO's jock, nevertheless be worth trading him for. You cannot trade a player like Jermaine for potential, you need a proven star or at least a player that we know can contribute on the NBA level.
    I never said I would trade him or meant it that way.

Let me clarrify what I meant and it's that JO is the only player we have that a GM might have interest in for a top 5 pick but I like I mentioned before, no one wants his salary.

My whole point in the previous point was to point out we have no real shot at landing Adam Morrison, not to say trade JO.