As many of you know, I've been the commissioner of a Keeper League that's something of a sister league to this one. We are currently in our third season and it's time for me to extend invitations to owners for our 4th.
Here are a few of the general rules the league operates under:
- Teams carry 9 players over on their roster from one year to the next
- Expansion teams have a separate expansion draft where they each select 9 unprotected players which gets them on a level footing entering our 3-rd, customized draft
- For the Expansion Draft Only, teams can only protect 8 players - and for this expansion draft new teams can't select most rookies. Rookies can only be picked in the regular draft
- Expansion teams will select first in the regular draft
- The scoring system is identical to this league
- Whenever possible we try to simulate the real NBA as close as possible. We have off-season trades (for now - there's a discussion on that right now), draft picks can be included in deals, and there's no option for multi-day drafts - we do it in one day, like the NBA. We don't have options not supported by the site, such as a salary cap, etc.
We currently have 18 teams in the league. Our long-term goal is to get to and maintain 20. Once we reach that level we'll only get new owners when they take over a team for someone who's dropped out. Right now we have two openings, but in recognition of his work with the PD site, Able has already been offered 1, and accepted.
Don't let that discourage you from trying to join though. We have yet to begin a season without an owner dropping out and a team becoming available - our best team (so far) this season has a new owner because someone had to drop out due to other commitments.
Here's the process if you're interested in joining.
Just send me a message stating you're interested sometime in the next 2 weeks. Feel free to include something of a campaign speech explaining why you'd be a good owner. I'll be closing that period sometime on the weekend of Feb 11th.
After that time, I'll begin a thread on the KL trash talk board where we'll discuss and vote on the prospective owners. Very simply, owners receiving the highest vote total will receive the first invitation to join.
I'm going to include a complete set of league rules as a reply to this post so feel free to look those over and ask any questions.
You can indicate interest in the league either by replying on this thread, sending me a PM, or e-mailing me at: cemanuel-at-accs.net (substitute @ for -at-). Also feel free to send me any questions you may have.
This is something of a long-term commitment (not that I'll hunt you down if you leave after 1 season) so please consider that. We've had a lot of fun with this over the years. For me at least it has something of a different feel when you have to consider personnel moves with the longer term in mind.
I'm sure I've forgotten something. I'll add items as I think of them.