Now that I've watched the game a couple of times...
1. Key to the win = The last 3.5 minutes of the third quarter. After a couple of threes by Jax and Peja to keep us right with Detroit, Granger scores 7 straight and Harrison has a monster slam off of an assist from Granger to put us up by 10. A Piston turn over gives us the chance for the final shot, but Runi rushed it. Although he made his shot, Billups came down and got it right back. You could tell Runi was ticked after that, but he should have waited for the last shot.
1b. Granger - Wow. Another great effort by the rookie. In addition to that 7 pt run in the third, he hit a really clutch basket towards the end of the game. I love his jump shot. He's calm and collected, which is why I'm so impressed by him. He's mature, but we already know this! Awesome.
1c. Harrison - Wow. He had his best game of the season. Great D, fewer fouls, really nice offense. He hit a nice little tap in from a soft pass from AJ near the end of the game that was just sweet. I hope this is a preview of what's to come from Harrison. I want to believe!
2. Jax - The fact that he played after his injury was big. Although he had some selfish plays that were kept alive by great offensive rebounding, he had some timely shots and some nice drives that led the way in pts.
3. Foster, Foster and more Foster. Wow, did he have a big game. He was all over the place getting boards like crazy. He had some nice buckets too. I think Foster was the unsung hero of this win. All those second chance attempts kept the ball out of the Pistons' hands and often led to scoring.
4. Fred Jones - He led the way in the fourth. He had the hot hand and made some sweet plays. He's really been looking good lately.
5. Pollard, Runi, AJ all had solid efforts. AJ ran the offense well and Runi had some nice passes. Pollard was electric and brought energy and toughness.
In general, it was just an overall great effort. Everyone that played contributed something. Runi and Peja seemed to struggle the most. Our ability to score inside and out really helped to spread the offense and was obviously key. Pollard, Foster, Peja and Harrison all had sweet dunks.
Fun game. Great to catch the Pistons a little off guard, maybe even a little tired. We took full advantage. I can't wait for the next Piston matchup. Should be interesting to see how we respond when we play them at home. That should be a tough one.