Thread: best rookie

Default best rookie

im awfull happy w/ granger. reggie called c. paul rookie of the year on tnt tonite. thats cool w/ me. my ? is...
    who out of this years crop do u see having the most sucssesful carrer?
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar

Default Re: best rookie

I believe Danny Granger will develop a game similar to Shawn Marion/Scottie Pippen, hes going to become something special. How he fell into our arms is something I'm still trying to figure out to this day. The Heavens were smiling upon us when he became a Pacer.

Now for Chris Paul.....in my opinion, hes one of the five best pure point guards in the entire NBA, but thats just my opinion and I think he should be in the All-Star game. I'm not saying he should get the spot over Tony Parker, I'm just saying he should be in there.
    "Remember the pain of my fist. That is my power!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chris Paul. He's out of control. Reminds me a bit of Zeke.

The one who will win most. Unless the others change their teams, Granger has a good chance to be remembered as the best of the draft. As well as Bogut. Pacers should be in top for many years, Bucks seem to be built for quite some years too, and I'm not confident in Hornets/ NY/ Raptors/ Jazz/ Bobcats.

Paul was my favorite eligible player before the 2005 draft. I think he's the most talented. I hope he does not spend his best years in Kidd's way: bringing mediocre teams into play-offs.

PS: it makes me sooo sad Bobcats did not choose him. That team is being built in such an intelligent manner that it simply does not deserve all this bad luck.
    Firstly, they weren't lucky in the lottery and dropped two spots from 3rd to 5th. They would have chosen Paul with that 3rd, everyone was expecting that. And after they dropped, they simply did not dare to trade up. And all those injuries. Sooo sad.

Mood

This year's rookies are weak. Only Chris Paul, Frye, Villanueva and Danny Granger really stand out. Im not including Runi in this list. Marvin Williams might improve next year; Bynum and Diogu in a few more, but May, Bogut, McCants, De. Williams, Felton and the rest will just be solid starters at best. Not much superstar power in this pool.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Paul. He's out of control. Reminds me a bit of Zeke.
    I wouldn't call him "Zeke" quite yet. Give him a chance to make enemies with the best players in the league, run a minor league into bankruptcy, prove to be an inept coach, and turn into a punchline for his laughably bad management of a NBA franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    This year's rookies are weak. Only Chris Paul, Frye, Villanueva and Danny Granger really stand out. Im not including Runi in this list. Marvin Williams might improve next year; Bynum and Diogu in a few more, but May, Bogut, McCants, De. Williams, Felton and the rest will just be solid starters at best. Not much superstar power in this pool.
    Is there a middle level between solid starter and superstar where I could suggest Felton might make? I understand no superstar status prediction for him, but I just like him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chris Paul is head and shoulders above any rookie this year.

Granger and Villenueva are outside shots.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All I have to say about this is that Marvin Williams is going to surpass Darko as a flop. Why? Because Williams will get the playing time and still consistently prove he can't play. I didn't like the pick for them when it happened and I hate it now.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731
    All I have to say about this is that Marvin Williams is going to surpass Darko as a flop. Why? Because Williams will get the playing time and still consistently prove he can't play. I didn't like the pick for them when it happened and I hate it now.
    Because we all know 19 year olds are supposed to come in the league and dominate their first year as a rookie. Hell, Marvin Williams is already tripling Darkos career high averages.

Williams is putting up respectable rookie numbers IMO and will only continue to improve playing alongside the glut of SF's that Atlanta has. After watching Marvin Williams drop 26 on the Heat a while back, I'm pretty convinced the guy is going to be a pretty good small foward in the future.

i haven't seen a paul game yet. i always thought he was over rated in college. i'm anxious 2 see him as a pro. i guess the scouts knew something i didn"t. it's easy 2 root 4 the little guy.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

Quote Originally Posted by larry
    i haven't seen a paul game yet. i always thought he was over rated in college. i'm anxious 2 see him as a pro. i guess the scouts knew something i didn"t. it's easy 2 root 4 the little guy.
    There was a game a while back against the Lakers where he had some crazy around the back moves in a 1v4 fast break and broke through 4 defenders and made a reverse layup to end the 3rd quarter. It was a pretty amazing play.

Chris Paul, Granger, and Frye will all be All-stars....no doubt about it.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.