Thread: Steve Francis to Denver?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Steve Francis to Denver?

Oh, Francis is always getting dealt in the press. I don't know whether or not to trust Vescey on things other than the Pacers.

Here’s another article on the 4-way that’s allegedly brewing:

. Rumor has it that a four team deal is brewing between Orlando, New York, Portland and Denver. The headliner of the deal is Steve Francis' long awaited arrival in Denver and Larry Brown getting his man Theo Ratliff. Also expected to be involved in the deal is Nene, Earl Watson, Ruben Patterson, Quentin Richardson, Anfernee Hardaway and Trevor Ariza. Hardaway and Ariza will most likely end up in Portland, Nene and Richardson is expected to head to Orlando, Watson is expected to head to NY along with Patterson. Other players might be involved.

If this deal happens, Denver has Boston to thank. According to a source knowledgable of the situation, the Celtics and Nuggets had a deal on the table which would have sent Paul Pierce to Denver for Andre Miller and Nene along with a future first round pick. The Celtics have been holding on to Pierce to see if they can get a better deal as supposedly they have other offers for him. The Nuggets were supposedly weary of giving up another first round draft pick as well as giving up Miller so they decided to see what their other options were and Orlando came knocking at the door.

According to Peter Vescey of the New York Post, the deal is supposed to take place within the next 48 hrs if all teams can reach an agreement.

http://www.elevationmag.com/basketba...mid=29&catid=1

Here’s what I’ve managed to piece together – though I don’t know this to be the exact deal – this is what I’ve heard. I’m not sure where Seattle is but I’m told not in this particular deal.

Watson, Ratliff, Patterson to NY
    Nene, Lenard and Q to Orlando
    Francis to Denver
    Penny + Ariza to Portland

sweabs

Watson, Ratliff, and Patterson are 3 guys that LB could actually take a liking to.

Orlando could potentially have a nice young frontcourt in Nene and Dwight Howard.

That would be a steal for the Knicks, no doubt. Not sure why it works for the other teams, though.

So if the Nuggets/Celtics deal is falling through, perhaps we're one of the other teams with an offer in for Paul Pierce. Could/Would we beat an offer of Miller/Nene/1st for Pierce?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be a steal for the Knicks, no doubt. Not sure why it works for the other teams, though.

So if the Nuggets/Celtics deal is falling through, perhaps we're one of the other teams with an offer in for Paul Pierce. Could/Would we beat an offer of Miller/Nene/1st for Pierce?
    I am glad the Artest saga is over an all but I still don't understand why we weren't on the phones trying to swing a three-way with Boston and Denver involving Artest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    I am glad the Artest saga is over an all but I still don't understand why we weren't on the phones trying to swing a three-way with Boston and Denver involving Artest.
    How do you know we weren't?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Stevie goes to Dever doesn't that open up the door up on the Andre Miller to the Pacers rumor?
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    How do you know we weren't?
    Good point. Lemme rephrase. I still don't understand why we didn't take advantage of the fact that Denver really wanted Artest and the fact that this is probably the cheapest price for a superstar we're ever going to get.

Because Bird would rather have Peja than Pierce.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    Could be just like we didn't want Artest in the East, Boston doesn't/didn't want Pierce in the East.

However as has been mentioned we might be able to trade Jackson for Miller if that deal goes though. Of course we would then have 5 point guards and Fred, but so what?

I kind of like having two points on the floor at the same time. That would be a killer if used right. Like Detroit when they had Isiah and Dumars.

Well not like Detroit obviously because those were both Hall of famers, but the concept would be the same if the right combination was found.

I like the trade for the Knicks. The Knicks deffinetly need to keep shaking things up and I am hoping that the guard we trade is Q-Rich cause he is just not that good without Steve Nash. I am hoping everything goes through.

So long as Frye, Robinson and Lee are stationary I am happy

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    However as has been mentioned we might be able to trade Jackson for Miller if that deal goes though. Of course we would then have 5 point guards and Fred, but so what?

I kind of like having two points on the floor at the same time. That would be a killer if used right. Like Detroit when they had Isiah and Dumars.
    Besides playing the point, Andre Miller is a pretty decent 2 guard.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

So, if we were to move Jack for Miller (I like Miller!), where's that put us as far as rotation at the 2? Just for the sake of discussion. So it'd be Fred, maybe AJ seeing as how we'd have 16 PGs on the roster at that point. I guess after that it would be back to the Peja/Granger discussion? Well, and then Miller himself I suppose. The only thing on this proposed deal is we reduce some of our three-point threat and also lose some defensive "length" on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE
    So, if we were to move Jack for Miller (I like Miller!), where's that put us as far as rotation at the 2? Just for the sake of discussion. So it'd be Fred, maybe AJ seeing as how we'd have 16 PGs on the roster at that point. I guess after that it would be back to the Peja/Granger discussion? Well, and then Miller himself I suppose. The only thing on this proposed deal is we reduce some of our three-point threat and also lose some defensive "length" on the perimeter.
    Presumably, we'd also be trying to move Tinsley for a swingman.

I don't know if Tins has any trade value left, though.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Presumably, we'd also be trying to move Tinsley for a swingman.

I don't know if Tins has any trade value left, though.

Seems like a logical progression. I'm thinking that JT's value is somewhere in the vecinity of in the toilet until he can get out there and play a spell uninterrupted by injury. I've been known to be wrong on these things, too. Of course, there's the much discussed BYC thing. So then maybe these moves potentially materialize in the offseason pending the remainder of this year's performance?