Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apology

Default apology

Last night, after the game finished, I went to the forum to read what people would be saying.
    I felt that we had something to celebrate and was looking forward to some of the "hoorah" posts and more specifically I was interested to read what ppl like Peck and UB were saying, after they cam back from the game.

In the first 3 threads I was reading I saw comments from one poster harping on JO, remotely related to the result of last night's game.
    The 3rd thread was one he started himself, in which he went on another rant about how bad JO is.
    To me this was the famous straw.

However I reacted disproportionally and attacked the posted personally, something out of character for me, but I still did.

I am sorry for doing this.

I should have taken the high road and put this poster on my ignore list instead of doing what I did.

I was so upset however with his post that I posted what I said and left the forum.
    As of the moment I am typing this I have not yet been back.

Though I should never have posted what I did, at the very least not in the wording used, I must say that the outright negativity in posts is getting to me in an uncanny way.

At the moment I am only looking for posts by a select view to read, and reading 5 threads in a 24 hour period seems a lot.

I like talking about the team, discussing all matters concerning this, and I am a firm believer in free speech. Yes you can be critical of the team you support, in fact at times perhaps you should be, however being critical and continuously hate or spiteful of one or more players are totally different matters.

Even in his "trade all 15 players" post Jay was never disrespectful to any player in particular, nor were other posters.

The "Tinsley sux", "JO is a ******", "may Artest get injured" and "Player X is an a**hole" outcries are frequent and irritating.

I suppose this was the wrong thread at the wrong moment in the wrong place and to top it of, I reacted wrong.

Should Hicks want to send me on a holiday, I would accept such, had I stayed, I would probably have removed my remarks after "cooling down".

I do not have and do not seek "special privileges" here, but I do say that this was "out of character" for me, and as such I hope that is taken into consideration.

Once more, I am sorry.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Default Re: apology

Don't worry about it there, big guy. We all get in those moods.
    AKA Sactolover05

PCC87

Its cool man i know I have had those days alot this and last season....

Nothing big. It's all good

Thank you Able. I feel better now.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Able, your apology is a class act. Jon still had no excuse to disgrace the hard work that is done to make the Digest what it is.

I often disagree with his 3.7 GPA opinion, but that doesn't make me an elitist or racist. Some believe that Jon got a quick trigger, but seriously...he went on a limb that was awful skinny.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Lithfan

Ohhhhh I don't understand americans so much!!!
    One moment you behave like dirty kids and next moment you are suddenly her majesty knights.
    Is it me or what?
    Or is it influence of PD?
    Should I expect changes in my behaviour soon as well?

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good thread.

Mood

psssst Able's british/(danish?)

Thanks very much for the apology, Able. With you and Jon, and also VA and Hicks, I thought it was getting weird around here. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Mood

Thank you Able, that was the proper thing to do. Both of you guys last night said some things that didn't need to be said, and I appreciate your apology.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Lithfan

Oh ******!!!
    Able is her majesty knight!!! (Location UK)
    Just interested, what do you think is percent of Americans here?

Thank you Able.

The entire episode took the wind out of my sails last night. Between that & the way my posting went yesterday I just felt trounced on last night.

I am proud of the way you handled this. It actually makes me feel much better today.

Again, thank you.

To err is human, to forgive is divine. To apologize is hard to do when
    we mess up but it is truly liberating. I have been there myself enough times.
    Well done able.

owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Able, I appreciate you saying that. It's hard to apologize to anybody, even people you don't know.

I've been torn for a while, because I appreciate everything you've done to make this place work, and yet (as "Mr. 3.7" pointed out before getting the boot) I have felt like there's been a double standard applied at times.

This thread makes that whole issue moot. Apology accepted, my friend, and thanks again for taking this road.

PS. For those who don't know, able hosts the PD website for free.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Um?

The apology is good and all, but what about reinstating Jon Theodore. His original post was nothing but his opinion, and in no way came close to violating any of PD's policies.

Everything he stated after his orginal post I believe was provoked, and can be stricken from the record.

Yes, the 3.7 GPA thing was stupid (especially those of us with a 3.9 ), but I'd like to see how some of us would respond to that type of insult.

So just let me say that I wish we could truly make the incident go away by reinstating Jon, having both parties put each other on their respective ignore lists, and move on.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread makes that whole issue moot.
    Apologizing makes the act okay? Means there isn't a double standard?

Nobody else gets a chance to "cool down", or come back and apologize the next day to dodge repercussions. It's still a double standard, and no apology can make that issue "moot". As it still happened.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46
    Apologizing makes the act okay? Means there isn't a double standard?

Nobody else gets a chance to "cool down", or come back and apologize the next day to dodge repercussions. It's still a double standard, and no apology can make that issue "moot". As it still happened.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree.

House Sigil:

I think the apology is the important part. I have no problem letting most people have a 2nd, and possibly even a 3rd chance.

Hell, if we can handle Ron Artest, Able should be no problem

On further review, I (regretfully) think you have to re-instate Jon Theodore

I'm ok with reinstating Jon. Was it a site-wide vacation, or just detention in the shout box?

Although I think one thing that gets people the boot is playing the race card, and I honestly don't understand what he meant when he called the forum "racist."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Thanks able, it happens to the best of us... at which point we make ammends like you have.
    Here, everyone have a : on me

I guess I sort of need to apologize as well. I quoted Able in that thread and directly supported what he said mainly because it was definitely a comical insult and I was also a bit angry that we had just beat the Pistons and that I had to read one of those threads already. We need to put disclaimers on some posts that give warning if they are going to whine for no reason about trading certain players. If you want to trade JO, Post some hard evidence. I don't want to see TRADE JO BECAUSE HES A ***** AND GOT DUNKED ON BY DWAYNE WADE!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    I guess I sort of need to apologize as well. I quoted Able in that thread and directly supported what he said mainly because it was definitely a comical insult and I was also a bit angry that we had just beat the Pistons and that I had to read one of those threads already. We need to put disclaimers on some posts that give warning if they are going to whine for no reason about trading certain players. If you want to trade JO, Post some hard evidence. I don't want to see TRADE JO BECAUSE HES A ***** AND GOT DUNKED ON BY DWAYNE WADE!!
    No offense here buddy, but is there anything that you would consider hard evidence. This is a message board of opinions, what do you mean by hard evidence?

Jon talked about his dislike for the "Throw it to JO" offense, and he is using the past two games as examples of how a different offense can be more effective.

This was not a Game Thread post where one is more likely to see the assinine "TRADE JO BECAUSE HES A ***** AND GOT DUNKED ON BY DWAYNE WADE!!".

He stated his opinion, unpopular and in some opinions untimely, but he still has that right as long as he stays within the clearly defined PD Policies.

House Sigil:

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    No offense here buddy, but is there anything that you would consider hard evidence. This is a message board of opinions, what do you mean by hard evidence?

Jon talked about his dislike for the "Throw it to JO" offense, and he is using the past two games as examples of how a different offense can be more effective.

This was not a Game Thread post where one is more likely to see the assinine "TRADE JO BECAUSE HES A ***** AND GOT DUNKED ON BY DWAYNE WADE!!".

He stated his opinion, unpopular and in some opinions untimely, but he still has that right as long as he stays within the clearly defined PD Policies.
    If you don't want people to argue with you and you know the subject you are about to post is extremely controversial, at least make it as insightful as possible. By hard evidence, I mean FACTS. KStat is extremely good at making these type of posts.

He even openly invited the "Jermaine Lovers" to come to his rescue.

Needless to say, I shouldn't have quoted Able or agreed with what he said because what he posted wasn't about basketball, it was more so a personal insult to Jon and it was out of line. No need to start another argument about peoples rights to openly express themselves on the board. I'll just have to cope with the Trade Jermaine/Tinsley posts using ignore and/or maturity.

I think certain schticks just get kinda old. Like JT and his "JO is the worst Pacer ever!" statements (and, yes, he did actually make that claim earlier in the season). It crosses the line between criticism and trolling. Which is why I'e been watching my "trade AJ and Jack!" posts lately. Well, that, and they've actually been playing pretty well (especially AJ).

Anyone else have no idea what this is all about. I guess I didn't read thread the thread