Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Grangers stats for the last 5 games.

Default Danny Grangers stats for the last 5 games.

I started keeping Dans stats since game 41. I meant to start mid year just to check how he was doing, but that actually starts with game 42. I goofed, but I guess that is close enough. (grin)

I really think if he would get the minutes he would give Paul a run for rookie of the year.

Mpg. 30.8

FG .520- 26/50

3P .500- 7/14

FT .800- 12/15

OR 3.8

TR 10.4

AS 1.6

ST .04

B 0.6

PTS 14.2

Default Re: Danny Grangers stats for the last 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I started keeping Dans stats since game 41. I meant to start mid year just to check how he was doing, but that actually starts with game 42. I goofed, but I guess that is close enough. (grin)

I really think if he would get the minutes he would give Paul a run for rookie of the year.

Mpg. 30.8

FG .520- 26/50

3P .500- 7/14

FT .800- 12/15

OR 3.8

TR 10.4

AS 1.6

ST .04

B 0.6

PTS 14.2
    Definitely having a huge impact on our team and I do agree he could give Paul a run for his money. I'm not so sure after watching Chris Paul on sportscenter last night against the Lakers, I have to say the guy is simply amazing and is destined to be a big time PG in this league. He's putting up all-star numbers his rookie year. I'd watch out for the Hornets in the future, they are looking pretty damn strong right now with all their young guns.

The stats don't even tell half of what he brings

He makes plays when you need them. As a rookie, his performance under pressure is amazing.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

If we could the draft all over again and I would pick Granger ahead of any player outside of Chris Paul.

There are so many good things about Granger. I would name them all but we all know why he's the Pacers's best pick since Reggie. And still, I would just be gushing...

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    If we could the draft all over again and I would pick Granger ahead of any player outside of Chris Paul.

There are so many good things about Granger. I would name them all but we all know why he's the Pacers's best pick since Reggie. And still, I would just be gushing...
    I wouldn't go THAT far, but I would certainly put him at 4 or 5.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Agreed. I can't believe how lucky we are he fell to us.

Of course, I also can't believe how lucky we are Harrison fell all the way to the bottom of the first round. Or that Fred... ok never mind. When we picked that year, my first thought was "Fred Who?"
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Fred Jones. WHO!? Fred Jones.

14, 29, and 17

Danny rocks. I love his nose for the ball, and smooth offensive game.

Paul is in a different league though. That kid is a bonafide star right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    Danny rocks. I love his nose for the ball.

Paul is in a different league though. That kid is a bonafide star right now.
    I think Danny could be much the same if he was taken by ... say ... Toronto. Where I think he should have gone anyway. I'm glad he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46
    I think Danny could be much the same if he was taken by ... say ... Toronto. Where I think he should have gone anyway. I'm glad he didn't.
    Yea, some GMs are absolute morons. Danny wasn't exactly a hidden secret either.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Agreed. I can't believe how lucky we are he fell to us.

Of course, I also can't believe how lucky we are Harrison fell all the way to the bottom of the first round. Or that Fred... ok never mind. When we picked that year, my first thought was "Fred Who?"
    When we drafted David, my first thought was "Great, we drafted Fatty McShortArms."
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    When we drafted David, my first thought was "Great, we drafted Fatty McShortArms."

that's changed a lot hasnt it!

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

I was at Iowa State University for some continuing ed that night. I was
    dancing a jig when he was picked. That was my pick for the Pacers
    before the draft. He is getting better and have some hope he will still
    fill his potential. It is all upstairs for David.

owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I'm still shocked by that... a rookie that's a 15 and 10 player? That we got at #17? Are you kidding me?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I'm still shocked by that... a rookie that's a 15 and 10 player? That we got at #17? Are you kidding me?
    The evidence suggests that for a time he would get JO numbers (20-10) if he got JO time.

I say for a time, because if he got JO numbers, teams would start keying their defense on him.

Which leads me to a thought that I hadn't had before. Dannny Granger could be better than JO. Obviously not right this moment, but it might not take too long. Look at Bosh, he's putting up JO like numbers and this is his 3rd year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Granger is not the same player as JO. More athletic and he has a better jump shot. Does not have the ability to play the post as well tho.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

can someone refresh my memory...what were the knocks against granger at draft time?

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731
    Granger is not the same player as JO. More athletic and he has a better jump shot. Does not have the ability to play the post as well tho.
    No doubt. Obviously, he's not a natural PF. But I think Will means he could be in the top 5 at his position in a couple of years.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731
    The times I've seen him with the ball, and his back to the basket, I was extremely impressed with his post game on offense. It just doesn't happen all that often. At New Mexico from my understanding that's what they asked from him all the time.

Granted, I haven't seen any part of his game that's not damn well polished for a veteran. Especially for a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy27
    can someone refresh my memory...what were the knocks against granger at draft time?
    Knee injury? Tying in with the previous quote I replied to, his perimeter game is what was considered to need work at the time. Assist/turnover ratio wasn't stellar. All minor complaints when looking at the entire package.

I've seen signs that he has a post game. Not nearly as refined as JO's, but I wouldn't put it past him to learn. And didn't he use a post game more in college? New Mexico fans?

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I've seen signs that he has a post game. Not nearly as refined as JO's, but I wouldn't put it past him to learn. And didn't he use a post game more in college? New Mexico fans?
    I believe that he did play with more of a post game in college. In fact, I seem to remember reading an article that said he didn't even start shooting the 3-ball until his last year in college or so.

Kent_Brockman

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy27
    Here's what I can think of offhand:
    The proverbial jack of all trades, master of none
    durability (only missed 3 games at New Mexico)
    average athlete
    played against lower-tier competition (this one always makes me mad because the gap isn't as big as everyone makes it out to be)
    stamina issues (New Mexico only gave 7 players significant playing time last year and only 6 when the starting point guard went down for the season)
    perimeter skills need improving

I want to address that last one. I always saw Danny as a small forward forced to play power forward. He had good post moves, but he wasn't your traditional post player in the sense that he used primarily his quickness to score in the post. He can score in the post but I wouldn't consider that a great strength right now. He had a great perimeter game for a power forward and New Mexico used him at point forward a number of times.

The assist to turnover ratio complaint is a joke. How many college power forwards have a positive ratio? Plus he was the #1 option at New Mexico and there were times where he tried to do too much.

The GMs that picked ahead of the Pacers were stupid because all of the weaknesses weren't major and Granger had no character issues whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, I think Charlie V has been a big surprise too. I thought he might slip down to us, but I guess it's all for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
    Danny Granger= Most underrated player in College Baskeball last year.
    Don't Believe me? Watch this: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...segment=147804
    First time I've seen that. It's great! Heart of a Champ!