Thread: Regarding Jon Theodore and Able

Default Regarding Jon Theodore and Able

I decided to post this here (since I believe this to be a more appropriate place for this discussion than on the main board).

I am disturbed by the post of able tonight regarding Jon Theodore which led to the subsequent banning of Jon Theodore. Please note that I do not defend Jon Theodore's comments at all and do not take issue with the ban, be it temporary or permanent ( I don't really know the history of Jon Theodore as a poster, but in his defense, he did say that he had too much to drink tonight and went overboard, perhaps this has happened before)

I would however like to address able's inappropriate remark, quoted below:

Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me say this in the most clear terms I can think of:

Jon Theodore, you are a disgrace for a human being.

And I will celebrate the day you stop posting
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=19017

This is unacceptable for an admin, nonetheless a common poster. I cite the rules of Pacer's Digest that were violated:

1. Don't be a jerk.

You have no right, at any time, to deny anyone on this forum the right to have a positive experience and/or conversation on this forum. Intentionally acting rude, insulting, flaming, belittling, name-calling, hateful or insensitive to anyone or their friends, family, or where they live is not acceptable. We will not always agree with each other, but show some respect. If you do one of these things, it will be edited. If you continuously do it, you will be asked to stop, and if you fail to stop after talking with us about it, you will be dealt with in whatever way we feel is appropriate. If what was said is particularly obscene, you will be banned.
    or, if not this, certainly this:

If you offend somebody, responding with a and "I was just joking" doesn't cut it. You have to explain yourself.

Joking around is fine, but it helps if you make it known you're fooling around. Nobody can read your mind here.
    again:

9. Don't be a jerk.
    I would like a response from an admin regarding this situation, either in this thread or via a PM. I believe something should be done, minimum an apology to the posting community by able or a defense of his remarks if they were in some way misunderstood.
    Here, everyone have a : on me

Mood

Default Re: Regarding Jon Theodore and Able

able runs the digest, (w/ Hicks) so we owe him some a##hole slack. I do not know Jon Theodore personally, and do not agree to a lot of his posts but i appreciate his unguarded honestly thought tactless. IMO, able is a judgmental hypersensitive... well forget it, i don't want to get banned. But if we want to be so fresh and so clean and proper and respectful whatever, then why didn't we just private message the guy and resolved it properly if that is the real goal? it's so much easier to see the speck in another person's eye. But yea, at the end of the day i guess, it's not about who's right or wrong really, it's who has the power and authority. They created it so i guess they're just keeping it the way they intended it to be. You have to respect that.

Default Re: Regarding Jon Theodore and Able

Able appologized... Cheers!
    Here, everyone have a : on me