Thread: I'd like to personally welcome the mid-range jumper to the Indiana Pacers

Hybrid View

Default I'd like to personally welcome the mid-range jumper to the Indiana Pacers

I think we actually turned in to the Pistons for a game.

It was weird.

We were hitting mid-range jumpers. We got offensive rebounds like crazy.

Danny and Fred were hitting the shots right in the seams that we were given tonight. They each played with confidence and I was very proud of them. And Granger was playing with a little fire tonight as well grabbing some pretty good rebounds and playing some defense.

I love the 3's and dunks, but the mid-range game was really nice.

Default Re: I'd like to personally welcome the mid-range jumper to the Indiana Pacers

I completely agree... I've been really impressed with both Freddie and Danger because they both seem to be able to pull up and hit the mid-range J... in fact, Freddie's first shot that I saw was him taking his defender off the dribble, pulling up, and knocking down the J while his defender was still running backwards... I think Fred has improved dramatically there!

Default Re: I'd like to personally welcome the mid-range jumper to the Indiana Pacers

Has this maybe been a point of emphasis on part of the coaching staff this season??
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has this maybe been a point of emphasis on part of the coaching staff this season??

Well, Larry will tell you that Rick is the best "X's and O's" guy on the offensive end in coaching. I'm not sure if he has been preaching it and the guys are finally listening, or if he just had a breakthrough to be more deliberate in setting it up in the offense.

I wonder if the offensive rebounds also helped a little. We were able to swing it to some open men that way. We also had guys routinely hitting the rack for dunks, so I'm sure our overall movement helped get us some really solid looks. And hey... we hit them!

Quote Originally Posted by brichard
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, Larry will tell you that Rick is the best "X's and O's" guy on the offensive end in coaching. I'm not sure if he has been preaching it and the guys are finally listening, or if he just had a breakthrough to be more deliberate in setting it up in the offense.

I wonder if the offensive rebounds also helped a little. We were able to swing it to some open men that way. We also had guys routinely hitting the rack for dunks, so I'm sure our overall movement helped get us some really solid looks. And hey... we hit them!
    I meant more in terms of training camp or something? AJ, Fred, and Danny are suddenly pretty good midrange shooters. Maybe they worked on that extenisvely with Chuck Person during training camp? (And for Fred and Danny, camp was a couple weeks longer)

Although, Granger may have shot it well in college. And, AJ has never been terrible at it. Maybe I'm just nuts.

*Waits for some Kegboy coaching analysis*
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Freddie has looked good taking mid-range shots, and so has Danny, and even AJ took some nice jumpers tonight. I was started to get REALLY annoyed by all the three's we had been taking, but this is refreshing. Now, as long as we keep it up, it's gonna be a nice change of pace for the Pacers, and I think that's really where DG can shine for us.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Danny hit that one mid range jumper on a play designed for him in the huddle. That shows the coaches confidence in him.

I know for a fact Fred improved, since last year most of his shots would clank off the front or the back of the iron due to being too flat...