Thread: I love when we play with energy

Default I love when we play with energy

Do you ever notice HOW MUCH BETTER we play when we're trying hard like this? As Mark noted, we shot 39%, but because we played with hustle and rebounded the ball, we won. Why, oh why can't we play like this every game?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Default Re: I love when we play with energy

Because we run the offense through Jermaine and it's not fun for anybody and they could careless about watching Jermaine get owned.

Because everyone was coasting waiting for the Ron trade to get done.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because we run the offense through Jermaine and it's not fun for anybody and they could careless about watching Jermaine get owned.
    This is part of the reason Rick needs to go. Unless of course Rick keeps this system in place when J.O. comes back.

Effort and Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    In the regular season.

Come playoff time, we get both JO's skills and the rest of the team trying hard. Hence our nice little run last year.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Do you ever notice HOW MUCH BETTER we play when we're trying hard like this? As Mark noted, we shot 39%, but because we played with hustle and rebounded the ball, we won. Why, oh why can't we play like this every game?

Suave, I love it when the Pacers play hard, it is great to see. But I'll admit it just isn't physically possible to play this hard every night. The schedule has been very kind to the Pacers.

They've played 4 games in the last 11 days.
    In the previous 12 days they played 9 games and they never had more than 1 day between games.

The number of games in a short period of time is a huge factor that impacts how hard a team plays, and it is not discussed enough.

Plus it was the Pistons and plus the crowd last night was just great.

What the pacers have to find is a consistant effort, that is one of the biggest reasons why they won 61 games two seasons ago.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Suave, I love it when the Pacers play hard, it is great to see. But I'll admit it just isn't physically possible to play this hard every night. The schedule has been very kind to the Pacers.

They've played 4 games in the last 11 days.
    In the previous 12 days they played 9 games and they never had more than 1 day between games.

The number of games in a short period of time is a huge factor that impacts how hard a team plays, and it is not discussed enough.

Plus it was the Pistons and plus the crowd last night was just great.

What the pacers have to find is a consistant effort, that is one of the biggest reasons why they won 61 games two seasons ago.
    Completely agree. So many times during an NBA season the schedule dictates the amount of effort it's possible for teams to give. It evens itself out throughout the year, so no team gets adversely affected than any other.

I didn't realize the Pacers had only played 4 games in 11 days. The Pistons were playing there 4th in 5 days, and 5th in 7. It shouldn't be a surprise that the Pacers were the team with all the energy, the team getting all the loose balls. I looked at this game two months ago, quickly realized that, and thought that if the Pistons won, it'd be there best win of the season, no matter what else happened.

To me, that's the beauty of the playoffs. Unless a team is coming off a 7 game series victory and playing Game 1 against a team that won a short series, it's the same for both teams.