Thread: Double Standards are used on this board

Banned

Default Double Standards are used on this board

Frst of all if you want to ban me, then fine, however this board operates under the double standard rule. The are several posters here who are allowed to run roughshod over everyone else, they are permitted to say what they want with impunity. One poster actually came out and called me a racist and that post was not deleted, while several of mine have been and the reason was cited as trolling. How does exposing someone for bashing certain players constitute trolling? For crying out loud read his posts, they consist of nothing but Sarunas and Foster bashing and singing the praises of Jax. Why is this not trolling? Every post is like that. Why is there no way to communicte with the Mods here? It is obvious that this poster does and receives preferential treatment. OK, I have had my say so do what you think is right.

Default Re: Double Standards are used on this board

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frst of all if you want to ban me, then fine, however this board operates under the double standard rule. The are several posters here who are allowed to run roughshod over everyone else, they are permitted to say what they want with impunity. One poster actually came out and called me a racist and that post was not deleted, while several of mine have been and the reason was cited as trolling. How does exposing someone for bashing certain players constitute trolling? For crying out loud read his posts, they consist of nothing but Sarunas and Foster bashing and singing the praises of Jax. Why is this not trolling? Every post is like that. Why is there no way to communicte with the Mods here? It is obvious that this poster does and receives preferential treatment. OK, I have had my say so do what you think is right.
    Can you show me where this thread is? I must have missed this.

I'm not sure what poster you are having problems with, although I think I have an idea.

But just because someone does not like the play of certain players does not make them a racist even if they are of the same skin color.

I don't happen to like Foster or Saras that much either (I don't dislike them they are just not my favorites). Does that make me a racist as well?

But in all fairness to you I will look at whatever post you are talking about & will pass it along to Hicks if I see something wrong with it.

As to talking with the mods on here? The best way to do that is to p.m. us. Don't use the main board to talk about stuff.

You can always p.m. Jay@section19, Kerosene, Able, Hicks or myself.

This is Hicks board so we follow his lead & he is a very fair person.

You also can use the feedback board, however if you have a real complaint I think we would all prefer being p.m.'d

As a bit of friendly advice I would just say "walk away" from the racial stuff. If you find something really offensive to you put that person on ignore, your life will be much more tranquil that way.

I'll try & find the thread myself but any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I want to fair and not prejudge, so enlighten me: Is the name "Whiteone" about something other than race-baiting?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This guy is a clown. He got banned for RATS 3 times. Great thing here it's one and done.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Can you show me where this thread is? I must have missed this.

I'm not sure what poster you are having problems with, although I think I have an idea.

But just because someone does not like the play of certain players does not make them a racist even if they are of the same skin color.

I don't happen to like Foster or Saras that much either (I don't dislike them they are just not my favorites). Does that make me a racist as well?

But in all fairness to you I will look at whatever post you are talking about & will pass it along to Hicks if I see something wrong with it.

As to talking with the mods on here? The best way to do that is to p.m. us. Don't use the main board to talk about stuff.

You can always p.m. Jay@section19, Kerosene, Able, Hicks or myself.

This is Hicks board so we follow his lead & he is a very fair person.

You also can use the feedback board, however if you have a real complaint I think we would all prefer being p.m.'d

As a bit of friendly advice I would just say "walk away" from the racial stuff. If you find something really offensive to you put that person on ignore, your life will be much more tranquil that way.

I'll try & find the thread myself but any help you can offer would be appreciated.

The thread is JO, Carisle and Bird have a heated conversation after game.
    Here is the post made by the poster where he plainly calls me a racist and I think that it needs to be deleted period. I do try to walk away form the racial stuff, however when a poster continuosly bashes the white players and puts hero Jax on a pedastal it becomes very trying. "Di llon got himself banned at Star for doing just what he did that you responded to with the above..."I'm not saying Seth is a racist, I'm just saying read what he says and that tells you all you need to know". Other posters would ask him to make his terms CLEAR, to plainly state his accusation (many, many times).

Guess what? Never happened. He just kept on his Karl Rove method:

"Just read, you can see what he means. I think we all know what he means by 'NBA athlete's body'."
    "So you are saying he's racist?"
    "No, I never said that, that's not my point at all?"
    "So what is your point?"
    "Just read the posts, it's all there."

Rinse, repeat. He's a troll. He race baits (pro-white) at Star like there is no tomorrow, and not just in the Sports forums, and most definitely not just with me. I tuned him out once I realized his methods.

The irony was that from day 1 he proved himself to be racist when he assumed that NBA athlete's body meant "black", but the last I checked you could be quick like Nash, tall like Smits, a quick jumper like Foster, etc.

Of course that debate went just as far with Dillon. And on top of it he came back from his ban with the "interesting" name choice "WhiteOne", which in no way fueled the fire.

Whiteone is a racist pure and simple. Everything he says has implied or overt racism. He is just trying to bring this stuff here. He is one of the three main racists from the Indy star board. It's all about white and black players to him rather than pacer players.

This is silly. Sarunas isn't white, he's European.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This is silly. Sarunas isn't white, he's European.

STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you have a big problem with this board, then why don't you just leave? There's nothing stopping you, except yourself.

It sounds like problems follow you, if you had problems at RATS and here. If you leave one place because it stinks, go to another place, find out it stinks just as bad, maybe it's not the places that stink. Not saying that is the case, but usually the people that come here and do the crying are the people that can't go back to RATS because they're banned.

Most of the people that call this place racist, and who have the biggest complaints are banned more than once and always want to come back. I think that speaks volumes about this board if the people who hate it the most can't stay away.