Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jermaine Wants Eighth Seed

Default Jermaine Wants Eighth Seed

Yes, you saw it correctly, Jermaine wants the eighth seed. He think the Pacers have a great chance against them now that they have their size back with Peja here. This is of course if they all stay healthy. Charles passed out after that statement (almost). Charles thinks Pacers can be second best team in East, but cannot beat Detroit. They also think this is a really good trade for Pacers, but Peja hurts them defensively. (TNT)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jermaine Wants Eighth Seed

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan.
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, you saw it correctly, Jermaine wants the eighth seed. He think the Pacers have a great chance against them now that they have their size back with Peja here. This is of course if they all stay healthy. Charles passed out after that statement (almost). Charles thinks Pacers can be second best team in East, but cannot beat Detroit. They also think this is a really good trade for Pacers, but Peja hurts them defensively. (TNT)
    I refuse to believe JO actually said he wanted to be the 8th seed....

Did he hurt his head as well as his groin?

Then again, am I wrong in remembering he said something similiar last year too about wanting to play Detroit?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan.
    Be careful what you wish for . . . . .

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What is he thinking, think they can beat Pistons in a best of 5, never this year.

Hope for the 7th spot and get Miami! Miami is another team that don't know if it's on the right track!

Quote Originally Posted by Conflict
    What is he thinking, think they can beat Pistons in a best of 5, never this year.
    It's best of 7 now.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My guess is Jermaine said if the Pacers are healthy they can beat anyone- Aldridge said Pistons ? and JO said bring them on if we are healthy. I truely doubt he said we want them in the 1st round.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    It's best of 7 now.
    Yeah sorry my bad, but its another bad thing for us!

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    My guess is Jermaine said if the Pacers are healthy they can beat anyone- Aldridge said Pistons ? and JO said bring them on if we are healthy. I truely doubt he said we want them in the 1st round.
    Yeah, JO's smarter than that.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

It's a "Jump to Conclusions Mat". You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

I think J.O. wants to play the Pistons and I applaud him. I want to play the Pistons too because they are our rivals. But J.O., like me, is a sane person(this is why we kept him and traded the other one away, remember?) and I think what he meant was that he would be alright with the Pistons and he feels very confident in his team. Off the record I'm sure he'd prefer the 6 or 7 seed.

...or maybe he misses his buddy sheed...

I'd hope he wants to play them. I have no problem with that. Now, if he said he wants to beat them, then there could be trouble.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

So somebody please explain this: How does JO saying that he would like to meet the Pistons in the playoffs automatically mean in the first round?

Anyone?

Beuhler?

6th seed is the way to go !!!!!

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    6th seed is the way to go !!!!!
    Let's hope we can navigate our way there...we are only half a game back on 5th seed and the tough route. Yet you don't want lose games any more than necessary...

If we are healthy I would rather meet the Pistons in the first round too. Being the 8th seed does that.

Why? Because with JO and Tinsley if we meet the Pistons in the conference finals, history says they will really be banged up.

Why? Because if we meet Detroit in the first round all the pressure is on them. Being an 8th seed everything from then on is gravy for us, while Detroit is already the uncrowned champion.

Why? Detroit is going to go into the playoffs with a great record, if they are going to overlook a team it's in the first round.

Why? Face it, this year barring injury the Eastern Conference championship goes though Detroit. If we would happen to get by Detroit our confidence would be Sky high.

Why? Why not? We would have to meet them sometime. Get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    It's a "Jump to Conclusions Mat". You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.
    Rofl, I love Office Space.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    If we are healthy I would rather meet the Pistons in the first round too. Being the 8th seed does that.

Why? Because with JO and Tinsley if we meet the Pistons in the conference finals, history says they will really be banged up.

Why? Because if we meet Detroit in the first round all the pressure is on them. Being an 8th seed everything from then on is gravy for us, while Detroit is already the uncrowned champion.

Why? Detroit is going to go into the playoffs with a great record, if they are going to overlook a team it's in the first round.

Why? Face it, this year barring injury the Eastern Conference championship goes though Detroit. If we would happen to get by Detroit our confidence would be Sky high.

Why? Why not? We would have to meet them sometime. Get it over with.
    Yup I would love the Pistons or Heat in the 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Problem is, even if the Pistons were going to overlook the Pacers before, JO has successfully painted a big bulls-eye on himself and his team, thus ensureing there will be not let-down in a possible playoff series....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Problem is, even if the Pistons were going to overlook the Pacers before, JO has successfully painted a big bulls-eye on himself and his team, thus ensureing there will be not let-down in a possible playoff series....
    I seriously doubt the Pistons will even remember or care about comments like the one JO "supposedly" made.

Can anyone paraphrase what JO said better?

SjA3837

I think it's a good idea to play the Pistons the first round. We get to play the best team before injuries come. Tins and JO will be injured by the second round or so.

1. When have the Pistons ever overlooked a playoff oponent? They have been known to overlook regular season opponents in the past, but are all business in the playoffs.

2. This is not the first (and probably not the last) statement oozing with false bravado that I've heard from Jermaine, Artest, Jackson, etc. I don't think a season would be complete without the declaration of superiority from one of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoner
    2. This is not the first (and probably not the last) statement oozing with false bravado that I've heard from Jermaine, Artest, Jackson, etc. I don't think a season would be complete without the declaration of superiority from one of those 3.
    To be fair, the Pistons (well, Rasheed) have done their share of talking as well.

The difference is, they typically back it up.....

To be fair, the Pistons (well, Rasheed) have done their share of talking as well.

The difference is, they typically back it up.....

Word

It's always nice to know that our best player still feels we can compete for the championship. I don't really care if they can or cannot best the Pistons, but if they feel they can then they will play a lot better the rest of the season. It's better than them just giving up.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein