Thread: I like this trade and our direction...

Thumbs up I like this trade and our direction...

First of all, the more I think about it, the more I really like this trade for Peja. What we needed more than anything after Ron was a solid, mature, veteran, intelligent & professional ball player. Peja has years of experience, which we need to balance out our youth movement. What we need, again, is to get healthy and become stable. I think we can do that, but I have to admit, the one guy that I just don't see fitting that mold is Tinsley. If he could stay healthy, sure, ok. But he can't. We've learned that the hard way these past two years.

I want to talk about Runi. I think he's doing ok for his first year in the NBA. However, I have to admit that I expected a little more from him. I want to see him have more offensive success. I want to see him create shots for himself if he can. I would like to see him start again, but I don't see that happening for a while. I'm not quite sure why Carlisle refuses to start Runi, but I think it's because he feels that we need his spark off the bench.

Three points. That's what we seem to love. We seem to lust after the three. When we are hittin', they seem wonderful. But more often than not, they aren't hitting, and we find ourselves wasting possessions with trey attempts.

Finally, we have once again reverted to a style of play that requires ball movement. What's going to happen when JO returns? How will JO and Peja play together? Will JO be back in time for him to get comfortable with Peja BEFORE the playoffs (assuming we MAKE the p'offs - which at this point, well, you get my drift).

Anyway, goodbye wackiness and hello Peja. Cheers.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I like this trade and our direction...

After 2 games w/ Peja, I really like the trade too. I was thinking before that we were giving up something for almost nothing, like damaged goods or something, but Peja seems to fit in well already, and hopefully it will work out better for us than it does for the Kings, just for the sake of oneupsmanship (sp?).

I agree with you about Sarunas too. If we could just get some lineup stability maybe that would help his situation a little bit.
    The NBA ... it's fannnnnnnnn-tastic! I LOVE this game!