Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Midlife Crisis

  1. #1

    Default Midlife Crisis

    I think I just figured out what my midlife crisis is going to be: SNOWBOARDING!

    I've been watching the Olympics and it looks like a lot of fun. I was a skateboarder/surfer when I was a teenager (I was even sponsored by a local bicycle shop) and I know how to ski, so I figure the learning curve won't be too difficult.

    So I told my wife, and she said that as long as it wasn't a woman 10 years younger than me, my midlife crisis can be whatever I want.

    So with that subject in mind, what do you want your midlife crisis to be?


    "Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

  2. #2
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midlife Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Snart
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know how to ski, so I figure the learning curve won't be too difficult.

    Thats what I thought too. :shakeshead:

    Snowboarding is HARD. Cutting is way different than skiing, but similiar to skateboarding and I'd imagine surfing.

    I could cut with my body facing into the slope, but if it was my back I'd just end up falling and turning around.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Midlife Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats what I thought too. :shakeshead:

    Snowboarding is HARD. Cutting is way different than skiing, but similiar to skateboarding and I'd imagine surfing.

    I could cut with my body facing into the slope, but if it was my back I'd just end up falling and turning around.
    Well, I know I can still skate (I showed my oldest nephew how to ollie and do kick flips a couple of years ago), and it had been about 15 years since I rode a board, and I could still do it.

    I figure it was do this, or start my own fight club in the basement of MCL Cafeteria.


    "Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

  4. #4
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midlife Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Snart
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I know I can still skate (I showed my oldest nephew how to ollie and do kick flips a couple of years ago), and it had been about 15 years since I rode a board, and I could still do it.

    I figure it was do this, or start my own fight club in the basement of MCL Cafeteria.
    Because of that last statement, I can't wait to be in the middle of my own midlife crisis. It's now given me the will to live the next 20yrs.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  5. #5
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,598

    Default Re: Midlife Crisis

    The falls are harder, too. At least for me.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  6. #6
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midlife Crisis

    So I told my wife, and she said that as long as it wasn't a woman 10 years younger than me, my midlife crisis can be whatever I want.
    Why not go one for one your own age? or even better one nine years younger?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Midlife Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not go one for one your own age? or even better one nine years younger?
    The state of Virginia may have issues with me approaching 14 year olds.

    Well, at least until I get around the areas close to West Virginia........

  8. #8
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Midlife Crisis

    I was talking to Ralph.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Midlife Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was talking to Ralph.
    Damn, I thought I was getting permission.

    :creepy:

  10. #10

    Default Re: Midlife Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not go one for one your own age? or even better one nine years younger?
    Wow. I knew there was a loophole.


    "Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •