Thread: Rookie Watch

Default Rookie Watch

In another thread Displaced Knick mentioned that he has played like a rookie this season. This kinda got me to thinkin', just how have our first year guys done so far?

Well here ya go.

Gyron leads the Western Blue by a couple games & is just one of three teams with 30 wins.

Mourning sets atop the Eastern White with a 25-16 record. His scoring average is 3rd best in the league.

Rcarey is a couple games out of first in the Eastern Red, but his 29-12 record is 3rd best in the conference.

Diamond Dave has Holden Beach solidly in the Western playoffs with a 23-18 mark.

Dipperdunk & Magic Rat are both still the hunt for the last Eastern playoff spot. That race is gonna go down to the last couple games so don't feel like you're in or out til its over.

Anthem has picked it up over the last 5 games but with just 15 games remaining, he's 10 games out of the final playoff spot.

Able Who wants to be known as the only team that lost to London for the rest of their lives!

Thanks for all the hard work guys.

Default Re: Rookie Watch

I prefer to be remembered for the deepest bench in fantasy history.

And of course being another victim of Ron Ron
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In another thread Displaced Knick mentioned that he has played like a rookie this season. This kinda got me to thinkin', just how have our first year guys done so far?

Well here ya go.

Gyron leads the Western Blue by a couple games & is just one of three teams with 30 wins.

Mourning sets atop the Eastern White with a 25-16 record. His scoring average is 3rd best in the league.

Rcarey is a couple games out of first in the Eastern Red, but his 29-12 record is 3rd best in the conference.

Diamond Dave has Holden Beach solidly in the Western playoffs with a 23-18 mark.

Dipperdunk & Magic Rat are both still the hunt for the last Eastern playoff spot. That race is gonna go down to the last couple games so don't feel like you're in or out til its over.

Anthem has picked it up over the last 5 games but with just 15 games remaining, he's 10 games out of the final playoff spot.

Able Who wants to be known as the only team that lost to London for the rest of their lives!

Thanks for all the hard work guys.
    I felt so confident coming into this year.

Then Grant Hill proceeds to return to form (not playing that is). And JO continously gets injured.

I'll go on record now that had I gotten what was reasonably expected out of those two, then I'm in the top 5 of our league.

As it stands right now, my playoff hopes rest soley in the hand of Tony Parker, Big Z, and Villenueva
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

I've just been very lucky getting teams when they have some of their low games. My average isn't really that high.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I like the way I am going. My average signals that the number of lost games SHOULD be lower. I had quite a number of close games.

Anyway, I am happy with how my squad is doing and though Darius Miles is still injured I can't reall complain on the "lost due to injuries"-front .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    In another thread Displaced Knick mentioned that he has played like a rookie this season.
    I should probably change that to STUPID rookie - some newbies come in and do quite well.

Obviously dropping Barbosa & Alston so I could fill minutes when I got to about 13-15 didn't work out so well (though after going 2-12 I upped it to 5-9).

Though I'd be much more disappointed if they'd come back as .9 players.

And yesterday after the trade I had 14 players - decided I didn't like Harrington and dropped him - before waiting to see if Lee would play since I was dropping him if he didn't.

Dumb moves. At least I held onto Pietrus. And Yao.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    I like the way I am going. My average signals that the number of lost games SHOULD be lower. I had quite a number of close games.

Anyway, I am happy with how my squad is doing and though Darius Miles is still injured I can't reall complain on the "lost due to injuries"-front .

Regards,

Mourning
    I think I said this early in the season but IMO you're the team to beat if your players stay healthy.

Your top 4's far and away the best in the league with Lebron, Sheed, RJ and Jamison - and Dalembert's been giving good numbers all season.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

sweabs

My rookie status is kind of like Saras...I have some prior experience. Just new to this league.

Yep, I think we had 5 or 6 of the rookies this season with past experience with the site. Always a plus in making the league work. Another is the high quality of the "owners".

All you guys should be proud, this league is great & its because of each of you.

Yup. I suck. I wish I knew then what I know now. Never pick Rasheed and Tinsley as two of your top 4 picks.

I hate my team.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!