Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Did I miss it????

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Did I miss it????

    Where is Uncle Bucks heartfelt goodbye to Ron Artest thread that we were promised?

    It's probably hiding alongside the Mea Culpa post that Anthem promised us about the big red flagg post.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Like mine, it probably disappeared when he nixed the trade at first.

  3. #3
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    I've been thinking the same thing.

    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  4. #4

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Buck did a 180 on writing it.

    I can't think of a more fitting tribute.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    I've been wondering also, it's why I haven't written one, it would pale in comparison.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

    Do Not Trade Austin

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

  6. #6
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is Uncle Bucks heartfelt goodbye to Ron Artest thread that we were promised?

    It's probably hiding alongside the Mea Culpa post that Anthem promised us about the big red flagg post.

  7. #7
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    I wrote one, but no one read/commented on it. It was kind of long and stated the obvious. That's probably why

  8. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Yeah, first I said I'd wait to write mine until the trade went down. Then this week has been crazy busy.

    You'll get it, I promise.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    I haven't forgotten about it, but there are two reasons why I haven't written it. Well really 3 reasons.

    1) I don't think anyone wants to read it. I know most of you are sick and tired of Ronnie, and that is why anytime I want to post something about Ron, I post it on Kingsfansforum. If you notice I haven't posted a word about Ron Artest in several days in here. I figure 95% of you just don't want to read it. And I can understand those sentiments.

    2) For whatever reason I haven't felt like writing it. Maybe I've written everything I have to say on Ron over the years.

    3) I really haven't had much time to write something like that, I could just throw something together, but if I do write it, I would want it to be at least decent.

    So right now I am not planning on writing it. But it seems like there might be some demand for it. I really don't know what approach to take, what slant to put on it. Maybe I need to see a few Pacers games, and let things settle down a little. The strange thing is Ron has played so little the past season and a half, it just doesn't seem strange that he's gone.

    So all I can say is stay tuned.

  10. #10
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,929

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    So all I can say is stay tuned.
    I'd like to read it.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #11
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't forgotten about it, but there are two reasons why I haven't written it. Well really 3 reasons.

    1) I don't think anyone wants to read it. I know most of you are sick and tired of Ronnie, and that is why anytime I want to post something about Ron, I post it on Kingsfansforum. If you notice I haven't posted a word about Ron Artest in several days in here. I figure 95% of you just don't want to read it. And I can understand those sentiments.

    2) For whatever reason I haven't felt like writing it. Maybe I've written everything I have to say on Ron over the years.

    3) I really haven't had much time to write something like that, I could just throw something together, but if I do write it, I would want it to be at least decent.

    So right now I am not planning on writing it. But it seems like there might be some demand for it. I really don't know what approach to take, what slant to put on it. Maybe I need to see a few Pacers games, and let things settle down a little. The strange thing is Ron has played so little the past season and a half, it just doesn't seem strange that he's gone.

    So all I can say is stay tuned.
    For my part, I think I need this for closure.

    It all seems anti-climatic at the moment.

  12. #12
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For my part, I think I need this for closure.

    It all seems anti-climatic at the moment.
    That's because it is. I wonder how people would have reacted had Ron never made the trade demand, but was traded anyway.

    I would have felt the same way I do now.

  13. #13
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's because it is. I wonder how people would have reacted had Ron never made the trade demand, but was traded anyway.

    I would have felt the same way I do now.

    This is exactly why I thank God every day for Ron going on Fox & for Mike Wells.

    While you & I & others would have always been fine with this, there are many more who would have been howling at the moon like wolves if the Pacers would have just traded him away.

    As it is now, only those who are so far along in being Artest fans that they no longer have any reasonable thoughts in thier heads regarding him are against any trade.

    We shoud be gratefull that on the PD all of our Artest fans have seen the light.

    Even Suaveness & U.B. came out & accepted this.

    That doesn't mean they don't like him as a player but they understand that it was never going to work here.

    I'm not even sure if the team would have moved Ron if he hadn't gone public. Sure Bird is making that statement now, but words are cheap.

    Either way, it no longer matters.

    He's gone & now we can start the healing.

  14. #14
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -snip- He's gone & now we can start the healing.
    Unfortunately, Donnie, Isiah, Larry and Rick let the wounds fester so long and so deep... the chemo may take a long time and may, at times, feel worse than the cancer.

    That's the real kicker to all of this - the four-year expiriment should've been stopped much, much earlier because now this team may be much closer to the lottery than contending. I'll say it again, Al's starting spot should never have been giftwrapped for Ron and he should never have been that contract extension - Ron's the player that should've been "last in line" of the six free agents in 2003 (not Brad Miller).

    But now, it appears the cancer spread to other organs, including perhaps a good functioning PG and certainly a hotheaded, streaky swingman.

    At some point in the past, they could've cut their losses on Ron and moved on without totally overhauling the team. They would've had a void to fill at SF, of course, but that was actually resolved in last season's draft. Now many of us think TPTB are fooling themselves if they think they're done trading. Of course, all they've really said is that they don't prefer to do any more in-season trades. Perhaps they have already resigned themselved to blowing the team apart this summer but realize they won't like the options that are available to them at the deadline.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  15. #15
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    I would read it too UB

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    So right now I am not planning on writing it. But it seems like there might be some demand for it. I really don't know what approach to take, what slant to put on it. Maybe I need to see a few Pacers games, and let things settle down a little. The strange thing is Ron has played so little the past season and a half, it just doesn't seem strange that he's gone.
    This who thing reminded me of this:

    Janice, I apologize to you if I don't seem real eager to jump into a forced awkward intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested? So all of the sudden I'm getting, I'm starting to get interested... And when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door cause then it's awkward, it's like well goodnight. Do you do like that ***-out hug? Where you like, you hug each other like this and your *** sticks out cause you're trying not to get too close or do you just go right in and kiss them on the lips or don't kiss them at all? It's very difficult trying to read the situation. And all the while you're just really wondering are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions? Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair. -Jeremy Grey (Wedding Crashers)

  17. #17
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,814

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    While we all wait, I'll offer an encore presentation of my Ron Farewell Tribute video......

    http://prometheus.able-towers.com/~m...rontribute.wmv
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  18. #18
    Member burnzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    38
    Posts
    695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Great work, as always, MR, that was hilarious

  19. #19
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Jay, so everything bad with the Pacers started with Ron - he is responsible for everything.

    What about the Pacers being only a 45 win team without Ron to begin with and the only reason they were a 61 wein team for one season was because of Ron's great play. Take him off that team and they win 45 games.

  20. #20
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jay, so everything bad with the Pacers started with Ron - he is responsible for everything.

    What about the Pacers being only a 45 win team without Ron to begin with and the only reason they were a 61 wein team for one season was because of Ron's great play. Take him off that team and they win 45 games.
    What he said
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  21. #21
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jay, so everything bad with the Pacers started with Ron - he is responsible for everything.

    What about the Pacers being only a 45 win team without Ron to begin with and the only reason they were a 61 wein team for one season was because of Ron's great play. Take him off that team and they win 45 games.

    Death, Taxes & Uncle Buck falling back on his Magical 61 win season.

    Let's assume you are correct, let's make that a 45 win season. That's still good enough to make the playoffs & it still probably good enough to lose to the Pistons in 6.

    You do realize that when Ron did not play that season we had a better record with Al Harrington starting % wise than we did with Ron don't you?

    Either way your barking up the wrong tree with me when it comes to talking about that season. I thought that was one of the most boring teams to watch that we've ever had. Other than the wins, I just didn't think much of that team.

  22. #22
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Either way your barking up the wrong tree with me when it comes to talking about that season. I thought that was one of the most boring teams to watch that we've ever had. Other than the wins, I just didn't think much of that team.
    There was this man that had a steak dinner. It was the best steak dinner he ever had.* When he was asked how it was he complained, "They forgot the garnishment."




    *Sixty-one wins is the best Pacer season ever.

  23. #23
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was this man that had a steak dinner. It was the best steak dinner he ever had.* When he was asked how it was he complained, "They forgot the garnishment."




    *Sixty-one wins is the best Pacer season ever.
    Except that the championship is the steak. The 61 wins should be the garnishment.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  24. #24
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except that the championship is the steak. The 61 wins should be the garnishment.
    Nice sound bite, but the conversation was about 61 wins.

    My story makes a point.

    Your comment was . . . just that, a comment.

  25. #25
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,527

    Default Re: Did I miss it????

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was this man that had a steak dinner. It was the best steak dinner he ever had.* When he was asked how it was he complained, "They forgot the garnishment."




    *Sixty-one wins is the best Pacer season ever.

    Actually factually you are incorrect.

    It may have been the best regular season record ever but it was not the best season ever. Making the N.B.A. finals would be better than losing in the Conferance finals no matter how you want to slice it.

    We've been down this road before though so we'll all just agree to disagree on this.

    You look at 61 wins & see the Zenith.

    I think the team had a bloated record & was fundamentally flawed.

    I will still stand by my statement that any of the Larry Brown or Larry Bird coached teams would have smoked that unit in a 7 games series & they wouldn't need more than 5 games to do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •