Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I miss it????

Hybrid View

Default Did I miss it????

Where is Uncle Bucks heartfelt goodbye to Ron Artest thread that we were promised?

It's probably hiding alongside the Mea Culpa post that Anthem promised us about the big red flagg post.

Default Re: Did I miss it????

Like mine, it probably disappeared when he nixed the trade at first.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been thinking the same thing.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Buck did a 180 on writing it.

I can't think of a more fitting tribute.

I've been wondering also, it's why I haven't written one, it would pale in comparison.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Where is Uncle Bucks heartfelt goodbye to Ron Artest thread that we were promised?

It's probably hiding alongside the Mea Culpa post that Anthem promised us about the big red flagg post.

Mood

I wrote one, but no one read/commented on it. It was kind of long and stated the obvious. That's probably why

Yeah, first I said I'd wait to write mine until the trade went down. Then this week has been crazy busy.

You'll get it, I promise.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I haven't forgotten about it, but there are two reasons why I haven't written it. Well really 3 reasons.

1) I don't think anyone wants to read it. I know most of you are sick and tired of Ronnie, and that is why anytime I want to post something about Ron, I post it on Kingsfansforum. If you notice I haven't posted a word about Ron Artest in several days in here. I figure 95% of you just don't want to read it. And I can understand those sentiments.

2) For whatever reason I haven't felt like writing it. Maybe I've written everything I have to say on Ron over the years.

3) I really haven't had much time to write something like that, I could just throw something together, but if I do write it, I would want it to be at least decent.

So right now I am not planning on writing it. But it seems like there might be some demand for it. I really don't know what approach to take, what slant to put on it. Maybe I need to see a few Pacers games, and let things settle down a little. The strange thing is Ron has played so little the past season and a half, it just doesn't seem strange that he's gone.

So all I can say is stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

I'd like to read it.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I haven't forgotten about it, but there are two reasons why I haven't written it. Well really 3 reasons.

1) I don't think anyone wants to read it. I know most of you are sick and tired of Ronnie, and that is why anytime I want to post something about Ron, I post it on Kingsfansforum. If you notice I haven't posted a word about Ron Artest in several days in here. I figure 95% of you just don't want to read it. And I can understand those sentiments.

2) For whatever reason I haven't felt like writing it. Maybe I've written everything I have to say on Ron over the years.

3) I really haven't had much time to write something like that, I could just throw something together, but if I do write it, I would want it to be at least decent.

So right now I am not planning on writing it. But it seems like there might be some demand for it. I really don't know what approach to take, what slant to put on it. Maybe I need to see a few Pacers games, and let things settle down a little. The strange thing is Ron has played so little the past season and a half, it just doesn't seem strange that he's gone.

For my part, I think I need this for closure.

It all seems anti-climatic at the moment.

Harmonica

For my part, I think I need this for closure.

It all seems anti-climatic at the moment.
    That's because it is. I wonder how people would have reacted had Ron never made the trade demand, but was traded anyway.

I would have felt the same way I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    That's because it is. I wonder how people would have reacted had Ron never made the trade demand, but was traded anyway.

I would have felt the same way I do now.

This is exactly why I thank God every day for Ron going on Fox & for Mike Wells.

While you & I & others would have always been fine with this, there are many more who would have been howling at the moon like wolves if the Pacers would have just traded him away.

As it is now, only those who are so far along in being Artest fans that they no longer have any reasonable thoughts in thier heads regarding him are against any trade.

We shoud be gratefull that on the PD all of our Artest fans have seen the light.

Even Suaveness & U.B. came out & accepted this.

That doesn't mean they don't like him as a player but they understand that it was never going to work here.

I'm not even sure if the team would have moved Ron if he hadn't gone public. Sure Bird is making that statement now, but words are cheap.

Either way, it no longer matters.

He's gone & now we can start the healing.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

-snip- He's gone & now we can start the healing.
    Unfortunately, Donnie, Isiah, Larry and Rick let the wounds fester so long and so deep... the chemo may take a long time and may, at times, feel worse than the cancer.

That's the real kicker to all of this - the four-year expiriment should've been stopped much, much earlier because now this team may be much closer to the lottery than contending. I'll say it again, Al's starting spot should never have been giftwrapped for Ron and he should never have been that contract extension - Ron's the player that should've been "last in line" of the six free agents in 2003 (not Brad Miller).

But now, it appears the cancer spread to other organs, including perhaps a good functioning PG and certainly a hotheaded, streaky swingman.

At some point in the past, they could've cut their losses on Ron and moved on without totally overhauling the team. They would've had a void to fill at SF, of course, but that was actually resolved in last season's draft. Now many of us think TPTB are fooling themselves if they think they're done trading. Of course, all they've really said is that they don't prefer to do any more in-season trades. Perhaps they have already resigned themselved to blowing the team apart this summer but realize they won't like the options that are available to them at the deadline.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I would read it too UB

This who thing reminded me of this:

Janice, I apologize to you if I don't seem real eager to jump into a forced awkward intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested? So all of the sudden I'm getting, I'm starting to get interested... And when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door cause then it's awkward, it's like well goodnight. Do you do like that ***-out hug? Where you like, you hug each other like this and your *** sticks out cause you're trying not to get too close or do you just go right in and kiss them on the lips or don't kiss them at all? It's very difficult trying to read the situation. And all the while you're just really wondering are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions? Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair. -Jeremy Grey (Wedding Crashers)

While we all wait, I'll offer an encore presentation of my Ron Farewell Tribute video......

http://prometheus.able-towers.com/~m...rontribute.wmv
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great work, as always, MR, that was hilarious

Jay, so everything bad with the Pacers started with Ron - he is responsible for everything.

What about the Pacers being only a 45 win team without Ron to begin with and the only reason they were a 61 wein team for one season was because of Ron's great play. Take him off that team and they win 45 games.

Jay, so everything bad with the Pacers started with Ron - he is responsible for everything.

What about the Pacers being only a 45 win team without Ron to begin with and the only reason they were a 61 wein team for one season was because of Ron's great play. Take him off that team and they win 45 games.
    What he said
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Death, Taxes & Uncle Buck falling back on his Magical 61 win season.

Let's assume you are correct, let's make that a 45 win season. That's still good enough to make the playoffs & it still probably good enough to lose to the Pistons in 6.

You do realize that when Ron did not play that season we had a better record with Al Harrington starting % wise than we did with Ron don't you?

Either way your barking up the wrong tree with me when it comes to talking about that season. I thought that was one of the most boring teams to watch that we've ever had. Other than the wins, I just didn't think much of that team.

Either way your barking up the wrong tree with me when it comes to talking about that season. I thought that was one of the most boring teams to watch that we've ever had. Other than the wins, I just didn't think much of that team.
    There was this man that had a steak dinner. It was the best steak dinner he ever had.* When he was asked how it was he complained, "They forgot the garnishment."

*Sixty-one wins is the best Pacer season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    There was this man that had a steak dinner. It was the best steak dinner he ever had.* When he was asked how it was he complained, "They forgot the garnishment."

Except that the championship is the steak. The 61 wins should be the garnishment.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Except that the championship is the steak. The 61 wins should be the garnishment.
    Nice sound bite, but the conversation was about 61 wins.

My story makes a point.

Your comment was . . . just that, a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen

Actually factually you are incorrect.

It may have been the best regular season record ever but it was not the best season ever. Making the N.B.A. finals would be better than losing in the Conferance finals no matter how you want to slice it.

We've been down this road before though so we'll all just agree to disagree on this.

You look at 61 wins & see the Zenith.

I think the team had a bloated record & was fundamentally flawed.

I will still stand by my statement that any of the Larry Brown or Larry Bird coached teams would have smoked that unit in a 7 games series & they wouldn't need more than 5 games to do it.