Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Harrison Haters...

Default For the Harrison Haters...

Quote from Rick's post game press conference tonight:

David Harrison always gives you every single ounce of energy he has.
    Seems to me we are on the right track letting this kid get some playing time. The PT is definitely helping Harrison's game. I'd still argue he is a keeper.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: For the Harrison Haters...

He uses that energy to leave his feet at every pump fake no matter how obvious.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Thank you! Great quote!

I'm glad that Rick finally saw the light, as far as playing David.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

DG-33

David is showing signs of being a good center. Just to continue giving him valuable playing time, and continue working on his conditioning.

Yeah, on the way home there was a comparison b/w how Jeff had early foul trouble when he first started too.

GO HULK! KEEP SMASHIN!

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you! Great quote!

I'm glad that Rick finally saw the light, as far as playing David.
    Rick has been good about David's PT, I think. David just has to watch the fouls.

In defense of David though, he has always been willing to make anyone who comes down Meridian Street pay. I think that it is important that we maintain a defensive presence in the middle if we are going to have a chance to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    Rick has been good about David's PT, I think. David just has to watch the fouls.

In defense of David though, he has always been willing to make anyone who comes down Meridian Street pay. I think that it is important that we maintain a defensive presence in the middle if we are going to have a chance to be competitive.
    Yeah, he certainly doesn't shy away from that

Pacesetter

Shaq had his fair share of difficulties when he came into this league too, but Mr. Dave gave a great effort tonight, and I actually saw some poise out of him .... floored me!

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Yeah, he certainly doesn't shy away from that
    He about knocked LeBrons face off coming through the lane ...lol. ... that was a pretty good one, but he's lucky the refs didn't catch it, and/or Lebron didn't grab his face and flop.

He had some nice blocks that were ALL BALL but the ref called it as a foul. He's Hulk..he will SMASH YOU!

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    He's Hulk..he will SMASH YOU!
    you go girl ... tell it ....

He had some nice blocks that were ALL BALL but the ref called it as a foul. He's Hulk..he will SMASH YOU!
    That one on LeBron.... I couldn't decide if he had all ball or not, but was surprised he actually got to it. LeBron gets the ball really high in the air on that dunk.

Yeah ALL BALL BABY! he didnt even catch Lebrons hand until after the call.

Did you guys see how Runi kicked Z's butt (playful way) after Z fouled him while trying to get a fastbreak?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really like the Hulk. Given some time, I think he will develope into a wonderful player for us. Also, with the playing time, I hope the refs start giving him some respect. I still want to see a 3-4-5 combo of DG, JO, Hulk as the starting low-post line up. He's such a force inside, if for no other reason but he's HUGE. He clears space and positions himself nicely, and with some good PT, he could develope a nice offensive game down low.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Im glad RC is finally giving Harrison minutes, its obvious that he is benefitting from it. Although I get the feeling Rick is doing it reluctantly for some reason. Did anyone see when Rick was ready to send Pollard in after Hulk got one of his last fouls (4th or 5th)? But then Harrison drew the offensive foul on Z the next play and Rick brought Pollard back to the bench

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR
    Im glad RC is finally giving Harrison minutes, its obvious that he is benefitting from it. Although I get the feeling Rick is doing it reluctantly for some reason. Did anyone see when Rick was ready to send Pollard in after Hulk got one of his last fouls (4th or 5th)? But then Harrison drew the offensive foul on Z the next play and Rick brought Pollard back to the bench
    I saw that ... did you see when Pollard sat down he put a cushion behind his lower back? I think RC had to choose between the lesser of two evils, Dave's propensity for fouling and Pollard's fubar'd back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    I saw that ... did you see when Pollard sat down he put a cushion behind his lower back? I think RC had to choose between the lesser of two evils, Dave's propensity for fouling and Pollard's fubar'd back.
    I found it telling that Pollard's back was a concern yet he was ready and willing to play.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I found it telling that Pollard's back was a concern yet he was ready and willing to play.
    I can see Pollard going to Coach Carlisle and saying, "coach, I can give you 20 minutes tonight, but I'll probably need 4 games to heal up, but you make the call."

It was definitely telling though, he showed everyone he has a problem with his back but he's still ready to risk it for the team. I didn't see him wincing in pain out there either, so hopefully he'll be back on Tuesday.

Sports Logo

I guess this is the silver lining that we can take from JONeal being out.......Carlisle has no choice but to play him now. He may foul out....but we're gonna see what he is capable of.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

What will be nice is when we get Peja into the mix at the 3 & Jones at the 2. Spread that floor a little & give the big fella a little room to do his thing down on that block.

Lets see what kind of passer he is when the doubles start comin'

As someone who gets very frustrated with Harrison, I can admit that he played very well last night, but he's still frustrating. Is there a good reason why he doesn't try to dunk the ball when he gets it close to the basket. Instead he throws up some weak and soft shots. But he plays hard and that is always the first thing I want and look for

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did anyone else notice Z. holding his throat after David went into him and scored at the end there. His forearm caught him when he went up. Of course, had Z. done the same to him it would have been and "and 1", but I like how he kept working hard and didn't let the calls kill him.

By the way, Tom Tolbert has now passed Walton as my most disliked announcer. To call David's charge draw a flop was a joke.

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    By the way, Tom Tolbert has now passed Walton as my most disliked announcer. To call David's charge draw a flop was a joke.
    yeah, I heard that too. That was good defense, and he just missed the call.

Tom had some interesting things to say; he liked Danny! He made several comments about Danny's ability, and how Danny was considered a steal.

Bill Walton is just an act. He just likes to stir stuff up, he's really not nearly as dumb as he sounds and he's always straight about playing good offense and defense. He enjoys teams/players that play fundamentally sound basketball, but is a chump to those that play street ball, or me basketball.

David Harrison always gives you every single ounce of energy he has.
    But see, that depends on what your definition of "always" is. [/Clinton]

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    Tom Tolbert has now passed Walton as my most disliked announcer.
    He's probably my favorite, behind Doug Collins. (He may have missed that charge call, whatever.) I have Direct TV and watch a lot of commentators and can hardly stand any of them. To have Mussberger and Tolbert last night was a real treat, IMO.