Thread: So where's the baseball caps?

Default So where's the baseball caps?

Hicks, I want to know when are the exclusive blue and gold "The Digest" (by the way no copy infringement is involved this way) caps coming out?

Seriously, isn't it time to take this monster you and Able created on to the next step?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Default Re: So where's the baseball caps?

I'd buy one!

I'd like a man thong. With fur.

I'd send a picture to the next forum party.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like a man thong. With fur.

I'd send a picture to the next forum party.
    Not surprising coming from a man ho such as yourself.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Do you wear a big cod piece to hide your glaring weakness as a man ho?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    Do you wear a big cod piece to hide your glaring weakness as a man ho?
    Cod piece? I usually have to stuff a couple cod down there just to get where most guys are.

Damn good idea, i can have some designs made for shirts and caps, and still have more then enough relations in the garment industry to get these at very nice prices for low numbers (Instead of having to order 1,000's to make sense of a price)

If Hicks agrees I can have him approve the designs and caps and shirts on the market before season ends
    I would however suggest that some more "contemporate" shirts could well be disgned by our resident designers, not me.

For the PD logo which I would put on a (preferably black) cap and black polo/t-shirt I would not hesitate to approach the P's for official permission, and amalso pretty sure we would get it.

Proceeds (if any) can go to a pre-decided charity of sorts, though the Pacers foundations sounds good and helpfull to me.

More ideas and input is certainly appreciated if Hicks agrees of course, I am just the host
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I need to think about it.

Furthermore, I'm extremely hesitant to contact the P's. I have it on decent authority that they ignore us to protect us from the NBA. Not just the logo, but using/posting pictures of players, and of course video clips.

Could bring a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Furthermore, I'm extremely hesitant to contact the P's. I have it on decent authority that they ignore us to protect us from the NBA. Not just the logo, but using/posting pictures of players, and of course video clips.

Could bring a lot of trouble.
    All of the above is accurate.

Once you enter creating alternate logo's as was done with this site, you are entering a shadowy side of IP, and I do know something about that topic.

A website is no real threat, in fact the "fair use" comes into play here, for the pictures, the articles, the logo and what's more, despite that being a very thin line, it is a line that is thin for both sides, the trademark owner and the "user".

It is the main reason I am so particularly nasty on how and what gets posted from other sites, since there is such a big risk if done "wrongly".
    However once you start producing things in the brick and mortar world the situation becomes different, though the logo is "different" it is still the Pacers, without a doubt, and therefore the "changes" are insufficient to warrant "taking a risk".

The Pacers know this site exists, so does the NBA, have faith, they are paying people to watch sites like these every day of the week, report infringements and so on, had we stepped to far out of line I would have been notified already.
    Fair use and commerce however go hand in hand for the NBA, and as long as we are not charging for anything, as long as we not offering IP protected stuff worldwide, and in effect only improving hte popularity of the NBA and more specific the Pacers there is no real problem.

The problem starts when we cross the line.

That's why I said what I said, asking the Pacers to use the alternate logo with a slight alteration (as we use it on here) and offering them in this case a clear method of A: produced numbers, B: sold numbers and C: revenue for the Pacers Foundation, and most importantly D: a method of control over the sales(figures) we are entering the charity revenue participation stage, something that is looked upon different then plagiarism.

So in short, it is the best bet, only real chance of doing something like that and finally the NBA and the Pacers organization know exactly what we are doing one way or the other.

Finally (really) It is my head on the chopping block, as the latest law cases with these sort of case no longer let the host of the hook, but the site owner, the host takes the brunt nowadays.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it would be cooler if it had something other than the altered logo because from far away it looks the same.

woman without a team

If the Pacers/NBA ever agreed to this I'll eat Kegboy's hat.

able you make quite a compelling case.

However, I'm not sold enough to OK this kind of thing. Not unless I get it from the source saying it's OK, but then we're back to my concern of contacting them in the first place.

Well since I am not in the know of this "source" and the only references I can find online are all based in the series "Charmed", which I am sure you are not referring to here, I'll take this as a NO

If you want any references to my knowledge on the subject; among some smaller things I also negotiated a merchandising contract for the "Euro2000" football championships.
    I think I still have a copy of the final 284 page contract around here somewhere

It might however be more constructive to talk about a possible alternative design, if we want something but are afraid of IP problems.
    I am sure we have enough people here who can come up with something that is a pleasure to the eye and does not rip the original in any way or shape.

Mood

exactly

I admit I'm in love with what currently sits at the top of each page representing PD. It's my favorite PD logo by far. So I don't want an alternative, personally. Now if we create our own "secondary" logo that looks totally diff., that's fine. I just don't want something to stand in place of this one. If we make a secondary, let's just call it what it is. I really love the one we have.

I would love it if this could be pulled off. I'd definitely buy a hat or something.

Quote Originally Posted by able
    It might however be more constructive to talk about a possible alternative design, if we want something but are afraid of IP problems.
    I am sure we have enough people here who can come up with something that is a pleasure to the eye and does not rip the original in any way or shape.
    Thus, why my original post referred to your glorious site as "The Digest". As much as I love the Ps and believe anything related to them they should receive some type of compensation I hope this could be different.

Unless someone tells me they own the colors blue and gold or own the name Digest I think that should be some type of happy medium on this.

If nothing else maybe the cap could just have the letters PD combined somewhat like a real baseball cap (eg: Yankees NY). Nothing says the hat has to say Pacers. People in the know, will know.

MAybe someone who could give valuable advice are groups like the Thundering Heard or Blue Crew fan club for the Colts. It's about time the PAcers have a fan club don't think?

I need to PM Los Angeles about this, but maybe he'll read this thread first.

I would like to experiment with the fonts on the home and road jersies to make a secondary logo.

Perhaps take the font for the home jerseys (which say PACERS in arc), and add DIGEST underneath it in another arc, which may or may not produce a nice secondary logo. If so, I think it'd go well on a cap or t-shirt.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    Only the admins can wear the PD Polics hats

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue
    Only the admins can wear the PD Polics hats
    And beat people with the official PD nightsticks.

What about people who used to be admins? Can they still wear the furry thongs?

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    What about people who used to be admins? Can they still wear the furry thongs?
    Only at night.

And nowhere near me.