Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68

Thread: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

  1. #1

    Default Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    There's a site that's worth following:
    www.fiyastarter.com

    1. These guys provide some refreshing plainspoken funny NBA and rookies rankings/comments each (or sometimes every second) weekend. They aren't diplomatic, but they really provide some gems time to time. There are some from the past:

    http://fiyastarter.com/fs-pages/fs-s...barank05-8.htm

    No.1 Pistons. They lost a game and then went back to the lockerroom and laughed for an hour about how good they are.

    No.4 Grizzlies. All jokes aside, this team plays the right way, because they aren't coached by Larry ****ing Brown.

    No.13 T-Wolves. I would pay to see the looks Spree's relatives give him these days. That's gotta be some uncut comedy right there.

    No.15 Lakers. Asked to comment on his two-game suspension, a smirking Kobe stated: "I respect the League's ruling, but I still think it's little unfair. I mean, it's not like a raped someone." Then, he got in his Benz and drove away laughing like a meglomaniac who had James Bond in a deathtrap. I still don't know why people hate him.

    No.16 Magic. For all the kids out there who never saw G. Hill's first step in his prime, let me put it this way: The nigga used to get the ball, stand there and freeze his man, then he'd take off like Chevy Chase on that sled in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

    No.17 Nuggets. Steve Deberg's pinky to Marcus Camby's pinky: "You're a fuc*ing pus*y, dude."

    No.20 Bulls. The Bulls paid 60 mill to an overrated big man with a bad heart after all. Funny how that worked out.

    No.21 Wizards. Etan Thomas expressed his feelings about the season with the following Haiku:
    Damn, fans. We Sorry.

    Lots of Offense, No defense.
    I'm still rich though, fans.

    No.27 Bobcats. Asked to comment on Emeka Okafor's latest injury, an irate Bernie Bickerstaff replied, "**** you! And **** Dwight Howard! There you go. That's my comment. Happy? Print that. Bye."

    No.29 Knicks. Captain's Log: StarDate 6871.3: We have just passed through a severe magnetic storm. Three of our crewman are dead and LARRY BROWN STILL HASN'T SET HIS ****ING STARTING LINEUP!!!! *******!!! KAAAAAAAAHN!!!!


    2. On the other hand, I have to warn those who might get interested in that site that they might not like what they'll read there about Pacers. I'm starting to have mixed feelings about these guys myself, as they emerged as true Pacers-haters (and especially Larry Bird-haters) during several latter months and are rather offensive time to time:

    "Sources have revealed that an Artest deal with an unidentified team is being held up because Bad Dad is trying to include the parental rights to his daughter Corrie in the transaction. What a scumbag."

    "With Ron Artest no longer standing in the way, one has to wonder why Steal O' The Draft, Danny Granger hasn't stepped up for the Pacers. Oh, I know. Because he some bull****."

    "Peja isn't the answer for the underachieving Pacers, who still have no center, nor do they have a threat at point guard, a position Bad Dad tried to shore up with a Euro Guard with worse knees than Daryl Walker and Pat Ewing both standing in line for Prince tickets at the Garden."

    "Sarunas Jasikevicius: Now, I remember where I know him from… HE WAS A DAMN SCRUB AT MARYLAND!"


  2. #2

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Still, the guy has great sense of humor

  3. #3
    Kestas
    Guest

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by SwissExpress
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still, the guy has great sense of humor
    don't apologise for critisizing someone
    judging from your quotes he really is lacking certain knowledge about this team, and the lack of knowledge is hard to hide even behind the good sense of humor imho.. besides, I can hardly spot humor in the quote about Granger, even disregarding the way he played. this is just some childish rant, that's it.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    That one with Granger was rather old one, several weeks into the Artest drama. I would've agreed with that quote back then too.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by Kestas
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    don't apologise for critisizing someone
    It's hard not to do that - I think they really fill an open gap of "strong" humour in today's basketball-related articles. I like the guys. They are like Ali G in basketball media. The exact knowledge is thus not really important for what they do...

    On the other hand, it sometimes hurts me to hear their comments on Sarunas, Larry Bird, Larry Brown - they did very much during their carees and don't deserve that negativity.

  6. #6
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by SwissExpress
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Sources have revealed that an Artest deal with an unidentified team is being held up because Bad Dad is trying to include the parental rights to his daughter Corrie in the transaction. What a scumbag."
    Huh. Guess I'm gonna have to ask my sister when she started writing for them.

    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by SwissExpress
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the other hand, it sometimes hurts me to hear their comments on Sarunas, Larry Bird, Larry Brown - they did very much during their carees and don't deserve that negativity.
    Sarunas? Career?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  8. #8

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sarunas? Career?
    Yes, why?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by SwissExpress
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, why?
    If you consider being a backup for 41 games on a .500 team to be high career accomplishments which render him immune from criticism then I suggest you discuss topics other than basketball.

    Perhaps you're thinking about his minor league career - where he went to play because he wasn't considered good enough to be an NBA player at the time. If that's the case then you should find an article discussing the Euro Leagues - not the NBA. Then you can talk about his god-like career accomplishments.

    I hate to break it to you but he hasn't accomplished squat in the NBA.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  10. #10
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,253
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you consider being a backup for 41 games on a .500 team to be high career accomplishments which render him immune from criticism then I suggest you discuss topics other than basketball.

    Perhaps you're thinking about his minor league career - where he went to play because he wasn't considered good enough to be an NBA player at the time. If that's the case then you should find an article discussing the Euro Leagues - not the NBA. Then you can talk about his god-like career accomplishments.

    I hate to break it to you but he hasn't accomplished squat in the NBA.

    And we all know the NBA is the epicenter of basketball. Nobody else is capable of playing better bball. They have NEVER lost at an Olympic or World Games competition. They should erect statues on Mt Olympus to even the least of the NBA scrubs. SOrry Rim, I usually agree with what you write, but on this NBA elitism I take exception. I keep reading it and yet the NBA stars keep losing. Send our best? They are given the chance, they refuse it. But if we are so elite we should be able to win anyway.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  11. #11

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you consider being a backup for 41 games on a .500 team to be high career accomplishments which render him immune from criticism then I suggest you discuss topics other than basketball.

    Perhaps you're thinking about his minor league career - where he went to play because he wasn't considered good enough to be an NBA player at the time. If that's the case then you should find an article discussing the Euro Leagues - not the NBA. Then you can talk about his god-like career accomplishments.

    I hate to break it to you but he hasn't accomplished squat in the NBA.

    ....
    (I'm on my way to find an article discussing the Euroleagues and international basketball, so that I could continue posting)


  12. #12
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh. Guess I'm gonna have to ask my sister when she started writing for them.

    Yes, that's me and I also hijacked DisplacedKnick's account and voiced my opinion about the new guy...I mean the new guy before Peja.

  13. #13
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    sound like an idiot to me

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And we all know the NBA is the epicenter of basketball. Nobody else is capable of playing better bball. They have NEVER lost at an Olympic or World Games competition. They should erect statues on Mt Olympus to even the least of the NBA scrubs. SOrry Rim, I usually agree with what you write, but on this NBA elitism I take exception. I keep reading it and yet the NBA stars keep losing. Send our best? They are given the chance, they refuse it. But if we are so elite we should be able to win anyway.
    That's not the point and you know it.

    The point is that he posted an article discussing play in the NBA - then says that Sarunas' career has been such that he is above criticism.

    Sorry but I don't consider 41 games as a backup on a midelevel team to be such a spectacular accomplishment as to put him beyond reproach. Granted, I was a bit derogatory re the Euro leagues which may or may not be valid, but the article wasn't about Euro ball - and the fact is that Sarunas was a superstar there, and a backup here.

    As for the US performance - that's directly related to how important US players seem to find the Olympics. IMO we should go back to using college players - at least they'll think it's meaningful.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  15. #15

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not the point and you know it.

    The point is that he posted an article discussing play in the NBA - then says that Sarunas' career has been such that he is above criticism.

    Sorry but I don't consider 41 games as a backup on a midelevel team to be such a spectacular accomplishment as to put him beyond reproach. Granted, I was a bit derogatory re the Euro leagues which may or may not be valid, but the article wasn't about Euro ball - and the fact is that Sarunas was a superstar there, and a backup here.

    As for the US performance - that's directly related to how important US players seem to find the Olympics. IMO we should go back to using college players - at least they'll think it's meaningful.
    I believe what I said was that Sarunas does not deserve to be called a "Euro Guard with worse knees than Daryl Walker and Pat Ewing both standing in line for Prince tickets at the Garden." or a damn scrub from Maryland, wasn't it? I don't really understand your point.

    In any case, as I said, I like the sense of humour of those guys generally, so I don't mind them talking Even though I think that these particular statements are rather offensive and undeserved.

  16. #16
    Kestas
    Guest

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you consider being a backup for 41 games on a .500 team to be high career accomplishments which render him immune from criticism then I suggest you discuss topics other than basketball.

    Perhaps you're thinking about his minor league career - where he went to play because he wasn't considered good enough to be an NBA player at the time. If that's the case then you should find an article discussing the Euro Leagues - not the NBA. Then you can talk about his god-like career accomplishments.

    I hate to break it to you but he hasn't accomplished squat in the NBA.
    you don't have to even try it in NBA to be have a superb career. there are World or Olympic champions and international superstars, who never even went to NBA and never will. people like Bodiroga or Galis will never be forgotten, while players like Jarmaine O'Neil or Gilbert Arenas (whatever) are destined to become just some names in the overcrowded hystory of NBA, that no one will remember in a few decades.

    Saras is a basketball celebrity with followers all aournd the globe, he's Number. 2 European player for two years in a row with names like Parker, Gasol, Kirilenko - all behind him. if that's not a sign of a brilliant career to you, then, I'm afraid, you know nothing about sports

  17. #17
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by Kestas
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you don't have to even try it in NBA to be have a superb career. there are World or Olympic champions and international superstars, who never even went to NBA and never will. people like Bodiroga or Galis will never be forgotten, while players like Jarmaine O'Neil or Gilbert Arenas (whatever) are destined to become just some names in the overcrowded hystory of NBA, that no one will remember in a few decades.

    Saras is a basketball celebrity with followers all aournd the globe, he's Number. 2 European player for two years in a row with names like Parker, Gasol, Kirilenko - all behind him. if that's not a sign of a brilliant career to you, then, I'm afraid, you know nothing about sports
    Here's a hint:

    Your hero isn't in Europe anymore. If he wanted to have his *** kissed for the rest of his life, he should have stayed there.

    He's in the NBA now, he's done NOTHING to prove himself as an NBA player, and nobody really cares what he did anywhere else.

    I'm sure he had a superb career in the cutthroat Euroleagues. But nobody in the NBA really cares.

    I've seen Bodiroga quite a few times, and I really love watching him play. But if he ever went to the NBA, he'd have to start from scratch just like any other rookie. Frankly, I think he made the better choice staying in the Euroleagues, because I never thought he was good enough to play in the NBA. He reminds me of an and-1 street-baller that gets by because he doesnt play against anybody quick enough to knock his dribble away.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. #18
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    I care what he did. And I know I'm not alone (by far). I'm sick of this elitist attitude crap.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    In the NBA Saras' name doesn't belong in the same in as Larry Brown and Larry Bird. I'm happy for him that Europe loves him. Really, I am but why should followers of the NBA care? (By the way I will consider the NBA the best league in the world untill Euro's that are unable to sign in Euroleague start signing to NBA teams.)
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  20. #20
    Kestas
    Guest

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for the US performance - that's directly related to how important US players seem to find the Olympics. IMO we should go back to using college players - at least they'll think it's meaningful.
    but they will lose misserably, so what's the point? :/
    don't forget that your U-21 national team with Reddick and co. finished only fifth in the recent World Championships loosing to.. Canada in the quarter finals. that team would be annihilated by the top-15 men's squads in the World championships.

    and what's all that "they had bad attitude" during the Olympics? did Iverson had bad attitude? or maybe you're accusing Tim Duncan of not trying his best? what about Lebron, Okafor, Marion, Odom, Dwane Wade or Richard Jefferson? or maybe Larry Brown went there dreaming about bronze?
    the whole of USA basketball public, official and fans (you including? ), had bad attitude, not those players. the players had the best attitude they could imho. they are just a part of the system, the most visible reflection of it. they were told they will win easily and they didn't even live in the Olympic vilage - what kind of different attitude could there be? and when it finally turned out that they were hopeless (20+ loss to eventual 6th place finisher Puerto Rico in an opening game), it was already too late for changes. what's amusing with the upcoming Worlds in Japan is that US public is again being told US will win easily. will you ever learn?

  21. #21
    Kestas
    Guest

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the NBA Saras' name doesn't belong in the same in as Larry Brown and Larry Bird. I'm happy for him that Europe loves him. Really, I am but why should followers of the NBA care? (By the way I will consider the NBA the best league in the world untill Euro's that are unable to sign in Euroleague start signing to NBA teams.)
    forget NBA or Euroleague. think wider. Saras is a superstar all around the globe not because he played well in European clubs (although that matters as well), but because he was a factor for Lithuania in the international competitions.
    and of course he's not up there with Bird, - Bird is the member of the Dream Team. but Saras has not achieved all he is capable of yet. at least I hope so of course, I may be wrong..

  22. #22
    Kestas
    Guest

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen Bodiroga quite a few times, and I really love watching him play. But if he ever went to the NBA, he'd have to start from scratch just like any other rookie. Frankly, I think he made the better choice staying in the Euroleagues, because I never thought he was good enough to play in the NBA. He reminds me of an and-1 street-baller that gets by because he doesnt play against anybody quick enough to knock his dribble away.
    I'm well awere of your incompetence in these matters, no need to remind

    and sure, Saras's NBA carreer is still very pale, so to speak. nothing to really talk about. mind you the initial remark by Swiss did not include "NBA" in it.
    his international career is doing very well though. his image may be harmed if he does not improve his performance in NBA, deffinitely. most fans did expect him to be starting by the end of this season. but if he goes to Japan with LTU and LTU wins a medal (that would be mighty hard, but possible), he'll regain his good name again.

    and with this I must quit before it's too late

  23. #23
    fifo
    Guest

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    [quote=Kstat]
    I'm sure he had a superb career in the cutthroat Euroleagues. But nobody in the NBA really cares.
    quote]


    Got it!!
    I just figured out why all those NBA scouts are hanging around in the Euroleague games, and why Larry keeps traveling to Europe. Its to show how much they don't care..

  24. #24

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    The fact of the matter is Saras isn't a superstar in America. I honestly do like him but it doesn't mean that he still doesn't have to earn respect in the NBA.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  25. #25
    fifo
    Guest

    Default Re: Funny rankings/The True Pacers Haters

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact of the matter is Saras isn't a superstar in America. I honestly do like him but it doesn't mean that he still doesn't have to earn respect in the NBA.
    Agreed.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •